• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AJC
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2009
    • ACT

Originally posted by NifftyPaj View Post
    Received quote today from TTF Geelong for 265/75/16 Cooper ST in LT @ $300ea.
    Hadn't considered Coopers as had heard '-ve' reviews but @ this price maybe they are worth considering.
    Well, i've just had Cooper ATR 265x75R16 LT fitted, replacing Michelin ATR 265x70R16 passenger.

They look better in that they fill out the guards more..it doesn't look as "gappy" after the lift.

I scored 4 x near new tyres from a local forumite; he decided to take the Coopers off his due to noise and go with something else..Bridegstone I think.

Anyway, the Coopers are certainly more hummy / noisy that the Michelins...but I have new tyres with approx 12mm thread depth and the Michelins were down to less than 2mm...i don't think its an apples with apples comparison.

I paid $327 for new matching spare fitted and balanced.

BTW, i think the Michelins are good, they did approx 75,000 for passenger construction, never damaged a sidewall, couple nail holes over the years plugged easily; even wear with rotation and balance; good grip on and off road. I had to watch it a bit on wet greasy tarmac in 2wd....particularly if entering a roundabout a bit quick! The $440 RRP put me off...why pay $100 plus more than Cooper / BFG / Bridgestine? I'd take them again at a sale price though. I assume thay also come in 265x75 LT
    Gone: 2004 21st Anniversary NP DiD Auto with 215ks, EcoShot diesel gas, bullbar, drive lights, snorkel, UHF, 2nd battery + Redarc isolator & wired for fridge + trailer Anderson plug, Mits 2.5 ton towbar, Lovell 50mm HD springs + shocks + Polyairbags, torque converter lock-up.

Selling some touring kit - see Marketplace

Arrived: 2011 Discovery 4 2.7 TDV6 - The difference is amazing... Paj definitely designed in the 1990s and at a lower price point!

Comment

• AJC
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2009
      • ACT

Originally posted by Ian Johnston View Post
      I have done around 2,000ks with the new tyres, and doesnt seem any different than before. Convertor still hunts as it did with old tyres.

Another benefit of the larger tyre is the speedo is now pretty accurate

Yeah, Nifty, my dealer said the bigger tyre was cheaper because it is more popular(Toyota/Nissan size)
      Originally posted by Wot View Post
      I am trying the Maxxis 771 @ 265/75/16 LT. $223 at BJane Brisbane.

Speedo is only out by 4kmh instead of 7kmh now. I havent noticed any difference with the torque convertor yet.
      Originally posted by sprintman View Post
      Speedo reads 4kmh over or under?
      Originally posted by Wot View Post
      Over - 100kmh indicated 96 according to gps
      My feedback...torque converter is not noticeably different with the 265/75R16 than it was with the 265/70R16.

Speedo, gut feel it seems to read closer to indicated speed than it used to. I ddon't have a GPS so can't say for sure, but i reckon on the Canberra to Sydney freeway run 115 gives me the same speed differtial and passing rate on traffic setting cruise at 110 that 120kmh used to.
      Gone: 2004 21st Anniversary NP DiD Auto with 215ks, EcoShot diesel gas, bullbar, drive lights, snorkel, UHF, 2nd battery + Redarc isolator & wired for fridge + trailer Anderson plug, Mits 2.5 ton towbar, Lovell 50mm HD springs + shocks + Polyairbags, torque converter lock-up.

Arrived: 2011 Discovery 4 2.7 TDV6 - The difference is amazing... Paj definitely designed in the 1990s and at a lower price point!

Comment

• Benduro
        • Oct 2007

Just received a quote for Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armours @ $260 and Dunlop AT3 @ $250... 2 day sale at Beaurepairs.
        Both in 265/75 R16 LT.
        Prices seem great but to this point I hadn't considered either of these

Comment

• AJC
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2009
          • ACT

Originally posted by NifftyPaj View Post
          Just received a quote for Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armours @ $260 and Dunlop AT3 @ $250... 2 day sale at Beaurepairs.
          Both in 265/75 R16 LT.
          Prices seem great but to this point I hadn't considered either of these
          I think Ian Johnson runs the Goodyear Wrangeler and gives them the OK. Check his posts or send him a PM

Comment

• Alymar
            • Nov 2010
            • Sunnybank Hills

A mate of mine up here in Brisvegas runs 285/75R16 muddies under his DiD Np and hasn't had any problems.
            NM GLX 3.5lt V6, Lovells 2" HD, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, LPG.....

Comment

• Benduro
              • Oct 2007

Talked to local tyre guy and he rang the Goodyear rep' to try to match the Beaurepaires sale price... Matched it @ $260 per tyre, fitted/balanced (Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor, American made).
              Reviews read well, with most comparing them favourably with BFG AT's except better on wet tarmac and snow, and with less road noise.
              Ordered 5 and get em' fitted next week.

Comment

• Benduro
                • Oct 2007

Had the Wrangler Silent Armors fitted today and am very impressed thus far: Very quite... I can't actually hear them below 70km/h over the noise of the DiD.
                Wet weather handling is very good, feels sure footed on bitumen and I feel a lot more confident on these over the previous ATRs.
                The engine/transmission does notice the increase in tyre diameter with the gearing feeling slightly taller, not a biggy though.
                Yet to try them off road... Will keep you posted.

Comment

• jos
                  • Feb 2011
                  • Paramaribo (Surinam)

Does it fit? -> BFG AT 265/75R16.

Originally posted by AJC View Post
                  My feedback...torque converter is not noticeably different with the 265/75R16 than it was with the 265/70R16.

Speedo, gut feel it seems to read closer to indicated speed than it used to. I ddon't have a GPS so can't say for sure, but i reckon on the Canberra to Sydney freeway run 115 gives me the same speed differtial and passing rate on traffic setting cruise at 110 that 120kmh used to.

I recently bought a Pajero NM serie 2007 long wheel base.

I have spare tires BFG AT 265/75R16 (had them under a pickup-truck)
                  Will I be able to put these under the car without lift-kit?

Any advice finding good aftermarket R16 alloys?
                  thanks in advance

Jos Klink
                  (Suriname- South America)

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X