X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boadazofa
    • Jan 2010

Brake warning light coming on?

Hi paj people! I have a 97 model 3.5ltr paj.

I have a problem with my brake light coming on. It started a few weeks back, it would come on when first stated and then go away after a few k's. It then started staying on longer and longer until now it seems to be on all the time.
    I have done the usual checks the brake fluid level (all good), check the hand brake switch because it is the same light used. I cant seem to find any issues and i am usual pretty good under a bonnet.

can anyone else shed some light on this situation?

peter
  • loopie
    • Oct 2009

just try putting a bit more fluid in the resavour, it help on my nj for the same reason, they have touchy scenscors ive read here

Comment

• 28NJ88
      • Jun 2009
      • Adelaide

Or check the rubber seal on the lid of the resivour, it can pop out of place and put pressure on the sensor.

Comment

• boadazofa
        • Jan 2010

thanks guys i will give those tips a go!

Comment

• Shaunoh
          • Apr 2010

Does it have ABS ? ABS sensor could be faulty on the hub...Diognostic machine would be able to tell.

Comment

• boadazofa
            • Jan 2010

Thanks for your help guys! I have fix the problem. I did what loopie said and added a fraction more brake fluid and the light has not come on since!!! Yaaahhh!!!

Comment

• schnitzel
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2009
              • Bendigo

I would also check your brake pads just in case because it also is used as the low pad indicator. I did the same as you many years ago and topped up the brake fluid to find out 2 weeks later the rear inner brake pad was stuffed when it went metal to metal The outer pad still had a heap o f meat though.
              Current vehicles: 2017 Toyota Hilux, 2022 Hyundai Kona,2022 VW T-Cross1995 3.5l nj Pajero , 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 , 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495,chamberlain g6 plus a few other odds and ends

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X