Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

How much is National Fleet Discount worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stevenbowden
    • Jan 2008
    • Bundaberg

How much is National Fleet Discount worth?

Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking here for a while now slowly gathering info before I purchase a paj. There is a lot of great info here.

Through a professional association membership I am entitled to Mitsubishi National Fleet Discount. Does anyone know in $$$ terms what this equates to? And what sort of discount I would expect to receive on a 25th Anniversary Edition?

Regards
    Steve
    Cool Silver 25th Anniversary Edition Diesel Auto, ARB Bullbar, GME TX3440 UHF, Sandgrabbers, Raw 4x4 Suspension + Firestone Airbags, Airtec Snorkel, TJM IBS Dual Battery System, BushSkinz Intercooler/Sump/Transmission/Transfer Bash Plates & Side Steps, LRA 58lts Aux Tank, 17" ROH RTX with Bridgestone D697LT's + Australian Off Road Campers Quantum! Read about our Adventures HERE!
  • Brock
    • May 2008
    • QLD

National Discount

Hi Steve, I have recently bought an 08(April) DiD pajero VRX. I had a number of discounts that were available including:
    Big 4 caravan parks member discount
    Mitsubishi 4WD Club QLD.
    The salesman told me that these discounts were all good but the best way to get Fleet discount was to get a letter from my employer stating that the car was being used for business purposes. This was actually the case as I am using the Pajero as a company car on a car allowance. Since April 08 I have done over 8,500kms with great fuel economy 8.2 ltrs/100km on a trip (no passemgers & all highway driving) with no problems at all.
    I paid $54,500 drive away including auto, tow bar, rear cargo separator, family pack with DVD, rear air con & air bags.
    Regards
    Brock

Comment

• Smocky
      • Jun 2008

General Fleet = Big4, ABL, Pajero Club, those kinds of things. The National Fleet discount relates to companies with more than x number of cars. Now your dealer will tell you different things depending on what they have in stock and all that kind of jazz, but you if you got around the 58k mark for an Anniversary model on the road, that seems to be about their "special" or real pricing.

The trick is in finding the car you want and then playing dealers off against each other to find out what the real price is (meaning how low they will go). I probably paid a bit too much for my car, but at the time there was very limited stock and I wanted it prior to June 30. Also paid for a sunroof I didn't want due to limited stock.

I got told that the difference between National Fleet (hard to get) and General Fleet (easier to get) is $1,500. HOWEVER, you might find 1 dealer on general will give you a better price than another dealer on national fleet.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Jason.
      Jason., Sydney. 2008 DiD Exceed. Silver/Dakar, diff lock, sunroof, towbar, ARB steel bar, Magnum winch, tinted, OME 2" lift, GME 3440 UHF, Stebel air horn, 180XP Roo Lites and a RalliArt jacket

Comment

• stevenbowden
        • Jan 2008
        • Bundaberg

Thanks for the info guys. I have only spoken to 1 dealer so far but plan to talk to a few more in the local area.

I think I will approach the others to get a price with no options and and then hit them up for a fleet price and see how much it changes by, if at all.

Steve
        Cool Silver 25th Anniversary Edition Diesel Auto, ARB Bullbar, GME TX3440 UHF, Sandgrabbers, Raw 4x4 Suspension + Firestone Airbags, Airtec Snorkel, TJM IBS Dual Battery System, BushSkinz Intercooler/Sump/Transmission/Transfer Bash Plates & Side Steps, LRA 58lts Aux Tank, 17" ROH RTX with Bridgestone D697LT's + Australian Off Road Campers Quantum! Read about our Adventures HERE!

Comment

• Tom80
          • Dec 2007

From memory my national fleet discount was about $6500 on the GLX, in addition to the other stuff i could get thrown in.
          Cheers Tom.
          2007 Black NS DiD Pajero LWB.
          ARB air compressor, Dual batteries (Redarc)
          ARB Bar, Warn Winch, Uniden UHF015sx, tow bar 2" lift lightforce XGT's.

Comment

• GOSSAMER
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2008
            • doncaster east vic

we normally work on fleet discount covering on roads, towbar and tint so our drive away price is pretty close to the list price
            Back from the Dark side
            NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

• oiler
              • Aug 2007
              • Perth Western Australia

My national fleet discount on an Exceed was $6189 this was 10% of the basic price before gst and other extras, and I also received a further $2400 Dealer discount. I hope this helps you.

Comment

• Barry W
                • May 2008

Fleet buyers

The % will vary based on the type of discount, my last three vehicles including the pajero, the discount equated to about 10% of the final price

Hope this assits
                2007 VRX DID FP- dual battery, GME radio, ARB bar, IPF lights

Comment

• stevenbowden
                  • Jan 2008
                  • Bundaberg

Thanks everyone for your input. This is great info.

I really appreciate the feedback.
                  Steve

Comment

• Dopo
                    • May 2008
                    • Toowoomba QLD

I picked up a new, yes new! NS GLX petrol wagon in Brisbane, for $40500 drive away. With tow bar mats and light covers. Help to buy it on the 27JUN08. They just wanted to clear the petrol V6 wagons. Can't move them. Starting price was about $50000, ye right! On my paper work fleet was around $5000 and then a discount of $6000 or so for the balance. Its on a Novated lease so they could offer fleet pricing but you will find if you work the dealers against each other you should get similar discounts. I was getting similar pricing without asking for fleet price.
                    QLDer NS Manual GLX LWB 2008 V6 LPG Lovells 50mm lift ARB bar and 9500 LB Winch. 240Volt 300W on board.

Comment

• jason.rcolt
                      • Jul 2008

Steve,
                      I sold the car to SMOCKY last month.. the discount for Pajero been changed this month.. just PM me where you are and which model you want i'll give you a good price ~ :P

Cheers
                      Jason

Comment

• stevenbowden
                        • Jan 2008
                        • Bundaberg

Originally posted by stevenbowden View Post
                        Does anyone know in $$$ terms what this equates to? And what sort of discount I would expect to receive on a 25th Anniversary Edition?
                        I am just update my own thread for future reference for anybody else.

We ended up purchasing a 25th Anniversary Edition. I will post the rest of the details in the 25th thread for reference also.

From the 4 written quotes that I received from dealers, the Nation Fleet Discount varied from $5,799 to $9,796 ex GST. I wasn't expecting that much variation, but hey the bigger the number the happier I am

Steve

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X