X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dolando
    • Dec 2012
    • Erskine Park

I just removed the abs motor with the canister attached tight removal. Now tring to source a replacement electric motor. The orginal is with rewind workshop to see if they can fix it however in the mean time ill be looking for a 2nd hand one if i can find one???

Comment

• carler
      • Nov 2009

I took the motor off on it's own with no real problem but had to buy a complete ABS unit from a wrecker. I just swapped out the motor all less than 1/2 hour job once you've done it once.
      Strange my motor was completely worn away whilst the motor off the "beaten to death" wreck was in perfect nick.

Comment

• Darwiniandude
        Valued Member
        • May 2008
        • Adelaide

This is the good thing about wreckers. Eg on Magnas, cars up to about 230,000 k's have heavily worn front engine mounts. But you find a car with say 270,000k's and the engine mount is pristine, because someone changed it. Sometimes someone will pour a lot of money into a car before finally wrecking it because yet another issue has cropped up. People keep replacing things while the car is running.
        Adelaide
        2004 NP Exceed 3.8 V6, SVI LPG, Factory alloy bar and sunroof, 55w HID converted IPF spots, Safari Snorkel, custom rear storage/fold out sleeping platform, Alpine iLX-007E Apple CarPlay head unit & reverse cam

Comment

• Somewhereinoz9
          • Oct 2009
          • ADELAIDE

Hydraulic Brake Booster Accumulator Issue

HI All

I have been reading these and other posts of members who have suffered a similar problem.

The other day I was simply turning a corner and suffered a power loss (blown 40A ignition fuse) which I replaced - only to have the ABS & Brake warning light come on (no buzzer though) which I cannot get rid of.

I also have a VERY hard brake pedal which does not stop the car with your foot on the brake and in gear (without considerable effort anyway).

I am wondering if the blown fuse would be more likely the problem with the motor (and what caused the blown fuse) as some have had. I am not really impressed with the idea of having to spend $3200+ for a new HBB (especially given I am up for the 190,000km service as well.

Any ideas or suggestions keenly welcome, especially if you can put me onto anyone in the Adelaide area that may be able to help me out.

Cheers

Geoff

Comment

• spot01
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2011
            • Adelaide

Sounds like it or something shorted, took out the fuse & is now open circuit or non functional, since the fuse hasn't blown again. Interesting there isn't a buzzer sounding? You may want to get someone to diagnose it, in case it isn't the HBB, but a relay or wiring fault, etc. There is a thread on here where a couple of people have had the HBB repaired by a place in Perth. One shipped it over & back from the east coast I think. Try some more searching, perhaps using Google rather than our search tab.

PS - have you tried disconnecting the battery negative cable for a few minutes?
            Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• youcanlaugh
              • Jun 2015
              • WA

Originally posted by Somewhereinoz9 View Post
              Any ideas or suggestions keenly welcome, especially if you can put me onto anyone in the Adelaide area that may be able to help me out.
              First thing I would check is the relays as they are easily accessible and will tell you whether you have 12v going to the motor or not.

If one of those has blown on you then that would stop the motor from pressurising the hydraulic booster.
              04 NP 3.8 V6 Petrol

Comment

• Estimator
                • Dec 2012
                • Brisbane

ABS Brake Booster motor

Hi, you can just get the motor rebuilt try your local auto electrician, Just rebuilt mine $330 full rebuild. Now just to fit it!!

Comment

• lunnmj
                  • Dec 2016
                  • South Africa

ABS motor Swap

Originally posted by carler View Post
                  I took the motor off on it's own with no real problem but had to buy a complete ABS unit from a wrecker. I just swapped out the motor all less than 1/2 hour job once you've done it once.
                  Strange my motor was completely worn away whilst the motor off the "beaten to death" wreck was in perfect nick.
                  One question regarding the swap.
                  Did you replace the paper gasket that fits between the motor and the pump ?
                  What is the purpose of this gasket ?

Thanks

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X