• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • outbackswine
    • Apr 2009
    • Mount Isa - The Back Of Bumf*ck

Headlight & Bonnet Protector

Just wondering if anyone has headlight and/or bonnet protectors fitted?

What brand and where did you get them?

I went to the local auto parts place and they say that Aunger don't make them, but some other plastics place they deal with does. Problem is they don't know how they fit the headlights and don't know and weren't interested in finding out if they have the horizontal white stripes you often see along the h/light covers.

I don't want to wait until I get a stone chip on the headlight lens before I get the covers.
  • Kemsley
    • Apr 2008
    • Brisbane

I have the genuine bonnet protector. Did not worry about the headlights as they are plastic already. Have not cracked the headlights but have some good bulls eyes on the windscreen, a couple of stone chips on the mudguards and a crack in one fog light!
    I used to have a NS X DiD Shorty
    Now I drive a VW Amarok

Comment

• dolphin
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2008

i have both the bonnet / head light and fog light protectors on my NM , all are genuine MM. have a look on Ebay as they have aftermarket protectors available now and then. i would say its a must to have these on any 4 x 4 vehicle as when you consider the cost of a new head light compared to the cost of these protectors , alot of dollars are saved. same as bonnet stone chips .
      NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• peterdeg
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007
        • NW Sydney

Originally posted by Kemsley View Post
        I have the genuine bonnet protector. Did not worry about the headlights as they are plastic already. Have not cracked the headlights but have some good bulls eyes on the windscreen, a couple of stone chips on the mudguards and a crack in one fog light!
        I'd recommend the headlight protectors... one of mine has a lovely star in it from a rock (probably happend at the same time as the ones that hit the windsceen). A new protector will be much cheaper than a new headlight unit.

Have to get the new windscreen as rego's coming up.

The bonnet protector seems best at flicking bugs up over the roof rather than having them spalt into the windscreen
        Peter
        2018 QE Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.

Comment

• armara
          • Feb 2009
          • Brisbane

I have both, genuine MM. They look great. No lines across the headlight protectors. The bonnet protector comes in black with PAJERO across the centre (I have a black vehicle with the black bonnet protector and you can hardly notice there is anything there), and also in clear without writing.
          Both very easy to install, as they come with instructions in the box. About 15-20 min to install everything.

Mark
          NT DiD VRX Black Mica Pearl

Comment

• outbackswine
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by armara View Post
            I have both, genuine MM. They look great. No lines across the headlight protectors. The bonnet protector comes in black with PAJERO across the centre (I have a black vehicle with the black bonnet protector and you can hardly notice there is anything there), and also in clear without writing.
            Both very easy to install, as they come with instructions in the box. About 15-20 min to install everything.

Mark
            Sounds like it may be best to get the MM items. Did you have to drill anywhere to fit them Mark?

Comment

• NS_Exceed
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by outbackswine View Post
              Sounds like it may be best to get the MM items. Did you have to drill anywhere to fit them Mark?
              No drilling required.

I have MM bonnet, headlight and fog light covers. Cheap insurance for HID lights, especially when you are doing 4x4 trails with mates and they are flicking rocks up on you often.

Don't get the clear bonnet cover, as it's hard to clean behind it.

Headlights take about 5mins to fit. Bonnet takes about 10mins, fog lights are a massive pain in the arse to fit.

Comment

• outbackswine
                • Apr 2009

Is the black bonnet protector a different shape to the clear making it easier to clean behind, or should I get black as it will hide the dirt behind it?

Comment

• Zippa92
                  • Apr 2009
                  • Brisbane

I bought both for our current drive from Perth to Brisbane, via Melbourne, we are current in Adelaide.
                  I think it was about $70 for the head light protectors and about the same for the Bonnet protector. Headlights took about 2 minutes, they just clip on over the top, bonnet was a bit more fiddly with the rubber bonnet seal.
                  When we departed Perth the head light protector cam into play before we reached Kalgoorlie, a truck flicked up a stone and there is a large star in the middle of the drivers light protector, but the headlight has not been damaged.

I recommend both, if you leave the city

Mike
                  2007 NS Pajero, DiD Auto, Champagne
                  Done: DIY Dual Battery and tray, ARB deluxe bar, On board ARB air compressor, IPF 900XS Spotties and GME TX3440, Waeco 50L dual zone, Hayman Reese tow bar, 50mm suspension lift, Mickey Thomson ATZ.

http://conthefruiterer.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Pearcie
                    BushSkinz 4x4
                    • Nov 2007
                    • Wattagans

Does anybody have the black bonnet protector on a white or silver paj, would be nice to know what they look like before committing, I was also looking at these when I was in for service a few weeks ago.

Cheers,
                    Kieron (BushSkinz 4x4)
                    2012 Holden RG Colorado LX 2.8L Auto "Rad Rado"
                    Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Retired: NS Pajero Exceed 3.8L

Retired: NS SWB X DiD "The BushSkinz lil Paj"

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=9928

Retired: NM Pajero 3.5L

www.bushskinz4x4.com.au[/SIZE]

Comment

• outbackswine
                      • Apr 2009

Zippa that's excellent info, thank you mate.

I will order them on Monday. I'm a firm believer in headlight protectors, I have had them on all my previous cars and bikes for the last 10 years, I know what a bike headlight costs to replace, so can only imagine what an NS Pajero light with everything all in one would cost.

Comment

• Zippa92
                        • Apr 2009
                        • Brisbane

I talked the boss into getting them, and with our move to Brisbane and potentially driving about 6000km to get there, I thought it was wise decision for $150, paid off already as said earlier and even better, boss was driving when the stone hit, so was easy to say what it might have cost us for a light replacement.

Mike
                        2007 NS Pajero, DiD Auto, Champagne
                        Done: DIY Dual Battery and tray, ARB deluxe bar, On board ARB air compressor, IPF 900XS Spotties and GME TX3440, Waeco 50L dual zone, Hayman Reese tow bar, 50mm suspension lift, Mickey Thomson ATZ.

http://conthefruiterer.blogspot.com/

Comment

• armara
                          • Feb 2009
                          • Brisbane

No drilling required for either the headlight or bonnet protectors. The black and clear are the same shape only the colour and writing differs, no writing on the clear. Before I bought it I asked to take both and look at them against the car. The clear looked good but no where as great as the black on black. This new black protector looks a lot better than the older carbon fibre look of the previous models.

To install the bonnet protector you carefully pull the rubber under the bonnet away from the small white plastic studs. Replace them with new longer ones (in the pack), install some clips, put back together and it?s done?

mark
                          NT DiD VRX Black Mica Pearl

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X