• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kingsea
    • Jun 2008
    • Callala Bay NSW

DID Fuel leak

Second day on forum as a member - long time reader as a visitor. I have an NP MY06 GLS DID Auto bog standard 90K klms. It would appear that, NO it is obvious that I have become one of many who have a fuel leak at the injector pump. I noticed during an engine oil change that the front drive shaft coupling was saturated in diesel so got a torch and looked a little higher up and noticed that there was droplets of diesel suspended below and along the two fuel lines at the rear of the injector pump as well as a liberal coating of diesel on eveything in the near vicinity including the starter motor.

Can anyone who has experienced this fuel leak inform me if it is the inject pump itself leaking or was the common problem at the connection points of the two metal fuel lines eg. connections required tightening?
  • Wal
    • Jun 2007
    • Gold Coast

Originally posted by Kingsea View Post
    Second day on forum as a member - long time reader as a visitor. I have an NP MY06 GLS DID Auto bog standard 90K klms. It would appear that, NO it is obvious that I have become one of many who have a fuel leak at the injector pump. I noticed during an engine oil change that the front drive shaft coupling was saturated in diesel so got a torch and looked a little higher up and noticed that there was droplets of diesel suspended below and along the two fuel lines at the rear of the injector pump as well as a liberal coating of diesel on eveything in the near vicinity including the starter motor.

Can anyone who has experienced this fuel leak inform me if it is the inject pump itself leaking or was the common problem at the connection points of the two metal fuel lines eg. connections required tightening?
    Good news - this is an MMA 'hotfix' and is covered under warranty. I discovered mine on a trip from the GC to Perth and Southside Mitsubishi (Perth) were great. Fixed the problem in about an hour. Get hold of the dealer who sold you the vehicle and ask for it to be fixed. It should cost you nothing.

Comment

• Garygls
      • Jun 2007
      • Rockhampton

Originally posted by Wal View Post
      Good news - this is an MMA 'hotfix' and is covered under warranty. I discovered mine on a trip from the GC to Perth and Southside Mitsubishi (Perth) were great. Fixed the problem in about an hour. Get hold of the dealer who sold you the vehicle and ask for it to be fixed. It should cost you nothing.
      This is the Hotline Fix NM13-006 that was for my 25/11/05 made GLS Pajero.
      I wonder why it isn't a recall fix!!! if its a common problem.
      It's great to have my fuel economy back
      Dual Battery
      80Ltr Waeco
      91Ltr Longrange Tank
      3" Lovells/Bilstein
      3” Exhaust
      Winch
      NP 05 DID

Comment

• Kingsea
        • Jun 2008
        • Callala Bay NSW

Fuel Leak

Thanks boys - will get it sorted one way or another. When I drove up from Melbourne I was so pleased with the economy because prior to the DID I had always had petrol Tojos. So here I am now paying 1.89c pl and to make matters worse my fuel consumption must have been getting worse but I was blaming price of fuel (less and less every visit for the same buck)for my frequent trips to the bowser. I am wondering now how much fuel I was losing through the leak. Thanks again.

Comment

• Kingsea
          • Jun 2008
          • Callala Bay NSW

Fuel Leak

Put Paj in workshop on Tuesday for the Hot Fix - they didn't replace the fuel hose they replaced the clamp with a jubilee clamp. And it is still leaking. Where can I view the Hot Fixes and recalls?

Comment

you need access to mitsubishi "Extranet" to access any info like that.........plus a user name and password..

Comment

• rdog
              • Aug 2008
              • mt crosby qld

had similar problem with 2004 np did .
              they leak at the fuel return hose, mitsu told me to change the hose clamps but on inspection the hose was hard and out of round due to the spring type clamps used the hose is 4mm id & 10 mm od. worm drive hose clamps are egg shaped when wound down to 10 mm
              and will leak.
              the fix is to get some fuel hose.( mitsubishi parts want 112$ for the hose ) so do not get it from them , i got mine from highway diesel in brisbane with 2 "norma" brand 10 mm fuel line clamps for 20$ these clamps are the fix for this issue you need to remove the battery & dip stick tube & you can change the hose.
              if you let it leak too long it will fail the starter motor, I suggest all mn & np did owners check for this leak,
              do not fool around with worm drive clamps I had 3 attempts before I fixed it.
              Last edited by rdog; 26-08-08, 09:45 PM.
              NT GL DID auto, king springs,Bilstein front shocks, duel battery system, Mitsubishi
              steel bar, rhino rack roof rack insert,side steps, milford cargo barrier
              Gme 3200 Uhf ,Bridgestone D694 LT tires
              with 2 spares.
              removed the dpf. 2.5 inch Mandrell bent exhaust with
              high flow cat converter.

Comment

• Loza
                • Apr 2010
                • Brisbane

Hi Guys,
                I have a 02 NP DID with the same problem and thanks to this forum i had it fixed at Northside Diesel Caboolture,replaced both fuel hoses at the back of the pump, about a 6wks ago and has been good since, with a bit more power "I think".And yes, I had my starter motor fail as well because of it.
                Keep to the Left,
                CYA,
                Loza.
                02, NP, Paj,GLS, 3.2 DID,Auto,Nudge Bar,Narva Spotties,Rhino Roof rack with Alloy Tray,TJM Dual Battery,Firestone HP Air Bags, 2" Lift Lovells And Billys,E-Bay Snorkel,Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guards,Uniden UHF,Diff Breathers, Homemade Rear fridge and drawer system, Gunyah Awning,Reverse Camera, Bridgestone D694LT's,Tow 23' Retreat Caravan.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X