• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Garygls
    • Jun 2007
    • Rockhampton

Diesel Pump Leak

Had my Diesel pump leak fixed today under warranty. I thought I'd have a look to see if they had degreased that area as the leak sprayed Diesel everywhere.I slid under & to my surprise their was diesel dripping from the cross member near the sump Ah crap- the pump is still leaking, so I found a torch, started the engine to see where the leak was this time.No leak. I stayed their for at least 10 mins- no probs. Then I noticed the sump was wet looking as well.{I know it was clean a week ago, cause I did an oil change & it hasn't been driven at all}.I slid my hand under the pan & the plastic sump guard was saturated in diesel. The list goes on... engine mounts & all were wet with diesel.

Under normal circumstances would Mits service degrease these areas as part of workshop procedures,or is this normal to receive your vehicle back like this???
    Dual Battery
    80Ltr Waeco
    91Ltr Longrange Tank
    3" Lovells/Bilstein
    3” Exhaust
    Winch
    NP 05 DID
  • wrexed03
    • Jul 2007

Warranty or not go complain. They could have had the courtesy to clean it either way. Pretty poor if you ask me.

Regards

Comment

• simoncurly
      • Jul 2007
      • Adelaide SA

Originally posted by Garygls View Post

Under normal circumstances would Mits service degrease these areas as part of workshop procedures,or is this normal to receive your vehicle back like this???
      I think you should discuss it with the service manager .. it's pretty slack ..
      Of course their view may be MMAL only pay us for x hours to do this job and cleaning up is not included .... what ever happened to pride in workmanship ...Maybe that's the way they treat their own vehicles
      My partners Ford had an oil leak near the front cover ..got onto the jumbo belt there was oil and rubber bits everywhere .... they sort of half cleaned up on the front cover but the rest of the oil and debris was still scattered under the bonnet .....
      Last edited by simoncurly; 16-05-08, 02:51 PM. Reason: spelling!

Comment

• Garygls
        • Jun 2007
        • Rockhampton

Made the call this morning to Mits who repaired the diesel pump leak,I got the receptionist & I asked for the gripe department, so she put me on to the Manager, not knowing she was going to do this {service manager would of been ok}.
        Everything went along fine I explained the Diesel pump fix thats all ok,then I told him about the diesel still all over the side of the motor & also it had drenched everything in sight near it. He was not a happy camper to hear that my Paj had left his workshop in that condition, & made no excuses!!! I had my Pajero their in half an hour & it was put over the pit & pressure cleaned off.

I'm a little disappointed having to do that, but a good result & now very happy

I think I'll give that Diesel pump a work out this weekend, Bring on them tracks
        Dual Battery
        80Ltr Waeco
        91Ltr Longrange Tank
        3" Lovells/Bilstein
        3” Exhaust
        Winch
        NP 05 DID

Comment

• dolphin
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2008

i used to opperate two ESSO service stations a few to many years ago and our comittment to all engine related services was to have the apprentice wash the engine and engine bay down before any work was carried out. this not only gives the mechanic a good view ect but it also satisfies the customer. never work on a dirty engine.
          NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• pajdid
            • Jun 2007
            • Morayfield Qld

Geeeses Dolphin you are sure showing your age now,been a long time since I have seen an ESSO servo
            NT VRX 2010 Snorkle,ARB bar IPF Lights Dual Batteries,Rear Diff lock and Tow Kit, also NH shorty Supercharger,front & rear lockers,lift kit, Ironman suspension and BFG Muddys 33'sSnorkle Winch

Comment

LETS ALL HAVE A WINGE ABOUT MECHANIC,S NOT CLEANING UP...........COME ON... ONE AND ALL......I HAVE HAD TRADESMAN IN MY HOUSE NOW FOR THE LAST FOUR WEEKS DOING RENO,s............ELCTRICAIANS......BUILDERS...... ..CHIPPYS..........NOT ONE OF THOSE GUY CLEAN UP AFTER THEM SELFS..NEVER...............NOT EVEN A LOCK SMITH WILL CLEAN UP THE SHIT HE LEAVES BEHIND...........UNLESS THEY CARRY A VAC CLEANER........SURE!!! DONT BAG THE MECHANIC WHEN OTHER TRADYS DONT CLEAN UP AFTER THEMSELFS.........OR IS IT JUST EASY TO SAY YOU LEFT SHIT ON MY CAR THAT I "DONT THINK WAS THERE BEFORE YOU TOUCHED IT".............BUT MY HOUSE.........THATS OK I'LL CLEAN THAT CRAP UP MAN,...........LEAVE IT TO ME I,LL DO THAT

Comment

• green monster
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2008
                • Adelaide

hey hawk eye
                I think you need to find different tradies!! I am an electrician and take pride in my work always leaving a site as clean as i found it, Especially in someones house !
                If they dont have drop sheets and caccum cleaners then kick them out as they make us all look bad.
                Also i had my car serviced at Re Car in Adelaide and when i got it back it was washed and clean ,,all over, find another garage mate there are still ones out there who give good value ,
                Just my opinion ,,no offence intended cheers cam
                NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

• dolphin
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2008

Hawk eye, it is normal practise these days when you have a heap of trady,s in your home doing this and that such as a reno for them to make abit of a mess, waite untill the plasterers come in as for mechanics as mentioned, the cleanup should be done before they start.
                  NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• gaz1
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2007
                    • Blue Mountains NSW

Ahhh the plasterers.....what (bad) memories that brings back. A few years ago we had major renovations done, the builder supervising the tradies was pretty good at ensuring they cleaned up.

But I got a neighbour to do the plastering, and my god what a mess, no supervision by the builder. Workmanship was fine, price was very good, but dust and gyprock pieces were absolutely everywhere, even though he was using dust extraction equipment. I guess it's impossible to avoid.

Gaz
                    2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

• Garygls
                      • Jun 2007
                      • Rockhampton

Whats wrong Hawk-eye cat got ya tongue tonight? Full of it last night {Opinions that is}
                      Dual Battery
                      80Ltr Waeco
                      91Ltr Longrange Tank
                      3" Lovells/Bilstein
                      3” Exhaust
                      Winch
                      NP 05 DID

Comment

• obione_98
                        • Jun 2007
                        • Brisbane

No Hawk-eye. Doing renos right now. Tilers, lock-smith, landscape gardeners - all to a man (and they are all men) clean up thoroughly. Locksmith has a small, but powerful vacuum cleaner; tilers and landscape gardener use power blowers and gurnies and a broom. No mess!

They'll get recommendations from me - they're tradesmen, obviously proud of what they do. If you leave shit everywhere - no bugger can see what you have done. Not much pride in achievement there!!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X