• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • damo83
    • Jul 2010
    • Brisbane

Hydraulic Booster Pump Problem (?)

Hi folks,

Recently I've started to notice what I'm certain is the pump for the hydraulic brake booster running after the Paj has been turned off. It seems to happen 2-3 times about 5 mins apart and runs for approx 30 seconds each time. I wouldn't have thought the pump is supposed to run once the ignition has been switched off?

I'm not sure if its always done this and I've just never noticed or if its something new. About 3-4 weeks ago I put a recon kit through the front calipers due to a seized piston. Brakes work fine, no leaks and no other problems other than this strange pump behaviour.

Has anyone else noticed this with their Paj?

The 180,000km service is due and includes a brake fluid flush so I might wait and see if it continues after that.

Thanks
    Damo
    *** FOR SALE *** 2000 NM Exceed 3.5l V6 Manual... Lovells 2" SD coils and Lovells shocks/struts... Polyairs... 265/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac... Dual Battery System... Bushskinz intercooler and sump guards
  • psproule
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Googong, NSW

It should;t run with the ignition switched off. Maybe check the relays? I'd imagine that there is one for the HBB and it might have welded it's contacts closed?

Pat
    2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
    2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• damo83
      • Jul 2010
      • Brisbane

Thanks Pat I'll check that out... I didn't think it should.
      *** FOR SALE *** 2000 NM Exceed 3.5l V6 Manual... Lovells 2" SD coils and Lovells shocks/struts... Polyairs... 265/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac... Dual Battery System... Bushskinz intercooler and sump guards

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X