• Farouk
    • Sep 2010
    • Victor Harbor

2011 UHF CB Changes

Thought the members may be interested in this information
    Colin
    2011 UHF CB Changes

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

Until the UHF CB radio Class License changes are put into place on January 1st 2011, It is illegal to operate a UHF CB radio on any channel other than what is covered under the current Class License.

Details of currently allocated channels can be found here

UHF CB Radio as we know it is set to change, the Australian Communications & Media Authority (ACMA) announced proposed changes from January 1st 2011

Increasing the number of allocated channels from 40 to 80 is a great step forward for all UHF CB operators.

However all changes are not yet finalized and second round of comment has been called for by the ACMA

Some of the proposed changes include:

The frequency allocation extended upwards by 6.25 kHz to accommodate an additional 12.5 kHz channel

All simplex voice channels will transition to 12.5 kHz bandwidth

Repeater channels will transition to 12.5 kHz bandwidth, to create space for additional repeater channels to be added in stage two of the changes

Telemetry channels 22 & 23 remain unchanged

Licensing rules regarding repeaters will be relaxed

UHF CB operators will be able to apply for licenses for new repeater channels 41 to 43 & 46 to 48 once the class license is changed, However licenses for channels 44 & 45 will not be issued for an additional 6 to 12 months to allow owners of channel 5 emergency repeaters more time to upgrade equipment to meet the new standards, Once the ACMA confirms that most emergency repeaters have been converted 44 & 45 licenses will be issued.

These changes are the start of much needed changes to UHF CB Radio and we will keep you up to date with all the details at they come to hand

What do the changes mean for your radio?

Unfortunately most radios are not upgradeable to include the new channels, which means that to access them you will need to by a new unit

Frequently Asked Questions

Will my old UHF CB radio still work when the changes take place?

Yes, You existing UHF CB radio will still work after January 1st 2010

Will my old UHF CB radio interfere with other channels?

It is possible that old UHF CB will interfere with new channels but you would need to be very close to another radio to create a problem

Can I talk to someone on a new UHF CB radio with my old UHF CB radio?

Yes, You will be able to talk to another person using a new UHF CB radio provided they are on one of the current 40 channels, if the other UHF CB radio is on one of the newly allocated channels then you will not be able to talk to them

Will I notice any changes when talking on a new UHF CB radio with my old UHF CB radio?

Yes, You will notice that the sound will be distorted but you will be able to talk to each other

Pre Order Your New 80 Channel UHF CB NOW

First allocation of radio's almost full get in now before its too late

UHF CB Australia is the first to able to offer UHF CB operators a chance to pre order a New Icom 400 pro UHF CB radios with all the new channels ready for use, day one of the new changes* for only $449.99 Plus Postage & Handling (RRP $475.00)

Trade In & Save

Trade in you old working UHF CB and Save $50 off the price

Delivery is guaranteed to a limited number of people who pre pay a $50 deposit securely via Pay Pal

It is first in best dressed so don't wait till it's too late.....

All profits help support UHF CB Australia and it's volunteers undertake vital community projects across Australia

*Subject to ACMA approvals
  • Rendrag
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2010
    • Central Coast, NSW

Why did you start a new thread in the Gen3 forum? we've been discussing this for months in the Electrical/Radios forum.. http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=11651

Actually I just read your whole diatribe.. reporting as spam..
    VK2TDG/VK2DGJ
    Dip.EE, Dip.IT, GradIEAust, Master Cabler
    '94 3.0L Pajero GLS
    '84 BMW K100RT Starship

Comment

• Farouk
      • Sep 2010
      • Victor Harbor

I stand corrected

Rendrag,
      the diatribe that you described was what I copied and posted in the belief that some members would be interested, as a new member I would like to thank you for your way of advising somebody who is not conversant in what should be done re postings in the right place, i will refrain in future or perhaps I should contact you for advice!
      At 78 years of age I will follow the advice given to the young ones " be seen and not heard" in case the learned ones of the forum get a little upset!
      Colin

Comment

• Rendrag
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2010
        • Central Coast, NSW

Colin,

An informative post is always good..

But if you spent 10 seconds to do a search, you'd see that in the actual forum relevant to CB radio (the Gen3 forum is for discussing Gen3 Pajeros, not CB radios.. I note the mods have now moved it to the correct forum..), we already have a fairly healthy discussion on the issue.

I'm sorry if you weren't actually spamming, however what you apparently copied and pasted thinking it would be of help was someone's advertisement, trying to *SELL* new CB's, with all their pricing and shipping info.. Since you had a post count of an entire 2 posts, it was a commercial advertisement, and was in the wrong area, I thought you were one of the regular spam-bots I see on the various forums I visit..

Cheers,

Damien
        VK2TDG/VK2DGJ
        '94 3.0L Pajero GLS
        '84 BMW K100RT Starship

Comment

• Farouk
          • Sep 2010
          • Victor Harbor

In reply

Point taken Damien BUT please advise me where in what I posted refers to a particular retailer,I fail to see where he or she got any mileage out of my posting and, the information in this diatribe does in fact differ from what was actually discussed in the previous postings re whether or not we will be able to use our existing 40 channel UHF's, quote; "our existing UHF's will become redundant" surely that alone is worthy of thought and perhaps clarification, appears to me that there is a lot of guessing at the moment as to what actually is going to happen.
          Your point is also taken re searching before posting but that still does not excuse your attempt at belitiling someone whose only motive was to pass on some info albiet in the wrong category,I have seen the moderator at Lcool advising some members that there is a right way and a wrong way to educate members on the correct procedure.
          I note your diplomas etc,good for you, all I have is life's experience and one lesson I learnt was to be tolerant of other's failings.THE END
          Colin

Comment

• Rendrag
            Valued Member
            • Feb 2010
            • Central Coast, NSW

Originally posted by Farouk View Post
            Point taken Damien BUT please advise me where in what I posted refers to a particular retailer,
            *YOU* are the retailer/advertiser.. Perhaps you don't use forums very often, but the type of post advertising services from a user with 1 or maybe 2 posts, which you posted is VERY common, and usually spam. Given it was in the wrong spot, I took it as definitely spam and reported it..
            VK2TDG/VK2DGJ
            '94 3.0L Pajero GLS
            '84 BMW K100RT Starship

Comment

• Pickle
              Administrator
              • Jun 2007
              • All over Oz

Cmon guys no need to go to town on this one.
              I was made aware of the post and I did do a little edit to an active link but no harm done.
              I'm sure Colin meant well with trying to inform us about the changes.
              Let's move on to bigger and better things to argue about
              Dave
              NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
              Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Pearcie
                BushSkinz 4x4
                • Nov 2007
                • Wattagans

Must be just me but I found it quite informative I hadn't noticed this topic previously (don't look in the radios section much at all) fair enough may of been a thread previously and probably should have done a search first but we shouldn't get in the habit of jumping down someone's throat a simple polite reply saying check this section out it has already been covered is a much more polite way of dealing with it. Getting in each others faces just reflects bad in a forum end of story.

Cheers,
                Kieron
                2012 Holden RG Colorado LX 2.8L Auto "Rad Rado"
                Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Retired: NS Pajero Exceed 3.8L

Retired: NS SWB X DiD "The BushSkinz lil Paj"

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=9928

Retired: NM Pajero 3.5L

www.bushskinz4x4.com.au[/SIZE]

Comment

• markpeh
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2010
                  • Lake Clarendon QLD

I just wish my brain was big enough to understand all this radio stuff!!
                  NT ACTIV 2010 DID Manual

Comment

• Pearcie
                    BushSkinz 4x4
                    • Nov 2007
                    • Wattagans

I know what you mean mark and they all seem to be different, took us a while to work out how to program the RFS comms frequency in to a mates radio. didn't take to long to work out how to operate ours then I found out that the radio I have doesn't go down to a low enough frequency.

Interestingly enough the RFS has a a bunch of things happening to their radio's at the moment I wonder if it is something to do with these planned changes.... I have been out of the loop the last few months with the baby etc. I'll have to have a chat with the guys next time we pop in to the station.

Cheers,
                    Kieron
                    Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Comment

• bakerboy
                      "valued 3000+ member"
                      • May 2008
                      • Perth

I assume they are just going digital
                      If I agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch

Comment

• Pearcie
                        BushSkinz 4x4
                        • Nov 2007
                        • Wattagans

looks like its just the fire ground hand held's are all being replaced progressively so they won't be going digital. No changes to comms at the moment so the changes obviously aren't affecting them. So for all of us who like to tune in to the comms on our CB's or scanners to find out what is going on in times of high fire danger we should still be able to do this.

Cheers,
                        Kieron

Comment

• Prime
                          • Oct 2010
                          • Redcliffe, QLD

I notice that BCF have a 40ch at $199, and even WOW are advertising one at $180 ... I think we can expect a lot of stock clearance specials on in the next few weeks.

If having 40ch doesn't bother you then it would probably be worth keeping an eye open for special pricing in Nov, Dec, Jan.

BTW, I cant see how the new 80ch sound quality will be worse than the 40ch ... there is sufficient space between channels to prevent cross channel splatter ... I guess we'll all have to wait and see.

Luke.
                          There are 10 kinds of people in this world ... those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

• apsilon
                            Valued Member
                            • Feb 2008
                            • Hills District NSW

I only just heard about this a week or so ago. Some info for anyone who's interested: http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD/pc=PC_312108

It's going to be a PITA IMO, especially with existing units becoming illegal in 2014.
                            MY09 NT Pajero X shortie diesel
                            Mods - No longer fit in my sig so see here

Comment

• rebelone607
                              Valued Member
                              • Dec 2009
                              • Urunga NSW

Testy lot

A bit test at times some of these radio junkies Just what we need another 40 channels for idiots and foul mouth truckies (not all of them) to polute. If you don't believe me just turn your radio on and go for a drive up the pacific Highway.
                              Merv. 2011 Dmax LSU auto Auto. Canopy and tow pack, Al. bull bar and winch, cargo drawers, dual battery, canopy racks with support bars, tub liner, in dash nav system, t.p.m.s. Tough dog 45mm lift and upgrade, uhf, Long Ranger fuel tank, MAL Powerchip
                              Other toys:19' Jayco Starcraft o/b caravan, 4.75 mtr Quintrex Bay Hunter boat. 3.7 mtr tinny

I plan on living forever - so far so good

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X