X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spongeBOB
    • Sep 2008

Suspension seats in NH

why didn't my GLS NH come with suspension seats and if i was to get some from a wreakers how much should i expect to pay for them
    '93 NH Paj LWB 3L 6g72 stock except for alloy bull bar
  • Green turtle
    • May 2008
    • GOLD COAST QLD

You most probaly have a standard GLS no sunroof, no electric windows and no cruise control. Depends on the wreckers, could be $50 a seat or $200 a seat
    1991 NH GLS LWB 3.0 V6

Comment

• m1s3ry
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Kalorama, VIC.

See here: http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=7119
      Steele Perkins (#1263)
      NP Pajero with added goodness..

Comment

• dolphin
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2008

you really dont need susspension seats in the NH as they have soft susspension allready, not like driving a toyota landy ute.
        NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• robbav
          • May 2008
          • Perth W.A.

i think the sspension seats are one of the best things ive sat on.

therr called the captian chairs in my paj.lol
          SWB '91 NH V6 3ltr front lokka, rear factory locker, BFG 33s, LWB springs out back, and torsioned up front. Manual hubs and next up: snorkel. Shiny custom or safari... hmmm.

Comment

• Bernoulli
            • Jun 2007
            • Oregon, USA

I'm looking for them as well, at least a drivers' side base. There was a pair in Gehrang, Victoria on eBay. They didn't sell at $150. Geographically undesirable for me, so I'll keep looking in SE QLD while I work on an adaptor for my GenI suspension base to go into my NJ.
            89 3.0L 5Spd SWB Raider in NW USA

Comment

• chippy4x4
              • Apr 2009
              • adelaide

we had at one stage the nk and the nh
              we sold the nk and purchased a sedan but we kept the nh due to two main reasons
              1 the engine is a free spinner and 2 the nh has suspension seats
              other than a few cosmetics and the obvious power of engines, the two cars are the same
              I am an instructor and assessor with the 4wd association and therefore see a reasonable amount of offroad driving and lets just say the suspension seats save my butt and back.............so to speak.
              pity the laws changed and they couldnt continue fitting them

Comment

• Bernoulli
                • Jun 2007
                • Oregon, USA

Originally posted by chippy4x4 View Post
                pity the laws changed and they couldnt continue fitting them
                This is new to me. They are illegal to fit?

Comment

• bakerboy
                  "valued 3000+ member"
                  • May 2008
                  • Perth

suspensions seats FTMFW!!! they are the best thing since sliced bread, i have heard of wreakers asking 300 a pair for them :S but look around and you should get them cheaper
                  If I agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch

Comment

• chippy4x4
                    • Apr 2009
                    • adelaide

not sure of the year of manufacture, but I was informed that the suspension seats were no longer available as they no longer complied with ADR. What the reason was that was given to me was, that there was the possibility that when the driver went downward the seatbelt could retract and and lock in. Therefore making it more difficult to control the vehicle as the driver would be held back and be locked into the seat. Now lets be real and stop living in a what if world, I owned a 1985 pajero wagon with suspension seats for 10 years and I have owned the 1991 since 1995, both have them and I have never been PINNED back and lost control. I believe that trucks still have them but that is because they are now allowed to mount the seatbelts to the seat instead of the vehicle

Comment

• Bernoulli
                      • Jun 2007
                      • Oregon, USA

This is way beyond a nanny state. As an American permanent resident, I'm amazed at the plethora of laws that seem to serve no purpose other than to prove that the idiots you elect have the power to make them.

Comment

• chippy4x4
                        • Apr 2009
                        • adelaide

I have asked a few questions re the suspension seats
                        It seems to have originated from the trucking industry and a couple of politicians
                        it seems that there was a great debate as to allowing suspension seats to be fitted to any vehicle. Many trucks came out here, as they still do, with suspension seats as standard, as they are the ducks guts for driver comfort especially in cab over type body trucks.
                        however the bee in someones bonnet ,was that the drivers did not have to wear seat belts due to the action of the chair and the fact that the seat belts had to be mounted to the cab of the truck to comply with ADR
                        now it seems that in the end the ADR accepted that the seat belts were able to be mounted to the seats, as they are in many countries, with far more trucks than we will ever see on our roads. How ever for the belts to be mounted to the seat frames in vehicles like Pajero's etc; meant that the seat structure would have had to be greatly altered to comply, so I guess that the economics deemed, that to not offer them was the easiest solution. As far as us allowing this to happen, yes you are right, the problem is that we Australians don't keep our ears open enough and therefore we don't voice our dissaproval. But also we have allowed these sorts of decisions to go on behind closed doors and then just be dumped in our laps. I guess we should be more vocal and stand up for our rights, but we have only had one uprising of the few, and that was at the Eureka stockade, in 1854 under the southern cross flag, but that led to many benefits.

Comment

• Bernoulli
                          • Jun 2007
                          • Oregon, USA

Originally posted by chippy4x4 View Post
                          I guess we should be more vocal and stand up for our rights, but we have only had one uprising of the few, and that was at the Eureka stockade, in 1854 under the southern cross flag, but that led to many benefits.
                          Over 150 years? Maybe time for another...........

I guess you have to be an engineer. I've installed suspension bases in my GenI in the states. The lap belt is bolted to the floor.

My GenII here has the lap belt bolted to the (non-suspension) seat. I brought over (from the U.S.) a GenI suspension base. If I can't find a GenII suspension base here, I'll make an adapter and bolt the belt to something - probably not the seat because I'm changing the seat to a Spyderco Racing seat.

I imagine it won't be legal, but I can't get over the fact that it's my car - and it will be safe - and if I sell it, all the original stuff will go with it.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X