• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pajero97
    • May 2009

new front tyres s - paj needs wheel alignment

Hi all,

I had a wheel alignment about 3 to 4 weeks ago after fitting new tie road ends both sides. Not problems whatsoever, and I could see the paj tracked very well after the alignment. No issues!

However, took it back to the same place (kmart - they had special on tyres) last week to have two new and they balanced all four wheels (two rear for free) but now my wheel alignment is out, and its noticeable (steering wheel is off centre).

The bloke asked me if I needed a wheel alignment at the time but I said no, as it only had one a couple of weeks before hand.

So, does getting new tyres throw out ones alignment. I didn't think so!!

thanks
  • Rendrag
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2010
    • Central Coast, NSW

I honestly can't see how it could?! If it did, you'd have to get a wheel alignment every time you swapped rims, if you had two sets of wheels+tyres, as some folk do..

Unless you realllly changed tyre profile or something, and a small bit out showed up a heap more?
    VK2TDG/VK2DGJ
    Dip.EE, Dip.IT, GradIEAust, Master Cabler
    '94 3.0L Pajero GLS
    '84 BMW K100RT Starship

Comment

• Catchin Jack
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2012
      • Central Coast NSW

If wear was uneven on old tyres it is possible.

Comment

• pauld
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2010
        • Melbourne

check the adjustments and see if they have been freshly played with...
        2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X