• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mad Mac
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2007
    • Australia

Provided you are doing around town driving with corners. I find that when the tank gets down to around 5Litres, you will start loosing power when going around corners. A little while after this, the engine begins to stall when ever you stop for traffic light or stop sign etc. Even when you get to this stage, you still have about 15k's to find a servo.

I have got down to this stage numerious times, and neva run out of fuel.

Shane

Comment

• steve3500
      • Aug 2008
      • Melton

Check this out Luke!!
      There's Gold in them there hills

Comment

• luke.k1983
        • May 2010
        • Sydney

Originally posted by steve3500 View Post
        Check this out Luke!!
        Thanks Steve! I still have plenty to read in this whole forum thats why i havent got so far hehe. Will try this today and see how it goes. Btw, what happens if the light doesn't go on? :-) I checked the bulb already and it is working. But, I reckon it will work.
        1992 NH SWB GLS Hardtop 5spd 3.0L, TJM Winch bar + winch, 33" Maxxis Bighorn, 2" RAW 4x4 suspension, 2" body lift, Airflow snorkel, Icom IC400Pro + GME AE4705, rear storage w/ Waeco fridge and foldable bed, awning, lots of lights and few other mods

Comment

• luke.k1983
          • May 2010
          • Sydney

Originally posted by steve3500 View Post
          Check this out Luke!!
          Hey Steve,

I already get the chance to test my fuel light. I tested it on the F3 coming from Newcastle when I couldn't be bothered stopping at servo. Once in Sydney the light started to come on occasionally, so it's working. I also found out that I have the bigger tank in my shorty which is great too. Thanks mate
          1992 NH SWB GLS Hardtop 5spd 3.0L, TJM Winch bar + winch, 33" Maxxis Bighorn, 2" RAW 4x4 suspension, 2" body lift, Airflow snorkel, Icom IC400Pro + GME AE4705, rear storage w/ Waeco fridge and foldable bed, awning, lots of lights and few other mods

Comment

• steveandviv
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2008
            • Broome

Originally posted by MickSA View Post
            My low fuel light is working - It came on today lol - apparantly there is about 13 litres left when it comes on.
            That's about right. As we have the second tank I have a few times ran the tank to quite low. ie, light on and then drive for a bit longer. just to see.
            2000 NM Paj - 2.5 Inch Lift - 81 Long Range tank - UHF - Rhino Rack - Dual Batteries - Hella 4000 Spotties - ARB Bar - Cargo Barrier - Custom Shelves - GPS Screen - Garmin GPS - Snorkle - Ox TJM Winch - MT MTZ - Polly Bags - Front ARB Locker - 50&60ltr Waeco....http://www.steveandviv.blogspot.com/

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X