• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndyRW
    • Jul 2011
    • Brisbane

DP Chip removal.

Hi All,

took the chip out of the Challenger last night and then drove to see a mate today and noticed the following.

Engine temp was 8-10C cooler.
    Exhaust gas post turbo was 60-70C cooler. From approx 460 - 520C to 390 - 460C driving same roads at the same speeds.
    An annoying tick tick had become noticably quieter. Thought this may have been fuel rail pressure but my Ultraguage was showing the fuel rail pressure to be around the same as with the chip installed.
    Car "seemed" to be running smoother and quieter on the highway.
    Acceleration was more linear without a sudden burst of acceleration around 2200 revs.

This was done over 80ks with city and freeway driving and will require further testing to see if these results remain the same.
    But thought others might be interested and would like to hear from anybody else that has had the same or different results.

Cheers
    Steve
  • joe2006
    • Jan 2011
    • Central Victoria

I am not sure how the DP Chip works but perhaps the DP Chip tricks the ECU and therefore the Ultra Gauge, therefore not showing the increased fuel rail pressure?
    Cheers Joe

2004 NP GLX DID Auto

Comment

• greig
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2010
      • kanwal

Originally posted by joe2006 View Post
      I am not sure how the DP Chip works but perhaps the DP Chip tricks the ECU and therefore the Ultra Gauge, therefore not showing the increased fuel rail pressure?
      I know the Chip it chip tricks the scangauge.....my Challenger gets 4l/hk with the chip installed !!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X