X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kippakoop
    • Jan 2010

window trim peeling

My window trim under the windows is peeling, seen alot of pajero's the same age doing so, whats the best way to fix this. its like a rubbery compond.
    Thought of trying to strip back then paint but interested to hear how others have fixed it. The rest of the paj is real nice so i want to clean it up.
    1995 nj pajero 3.0, lift kit,(lovell springs, ironman shocks.tb), bighorns, dual battery, custon roof rack, reversing camera. i need more things to strap to my paj........in time
  • brettmini
    • Nov 2010
    • st george

Mine is doing the same I;ve started too hit it with a Razor blade and do the side bits, and just going to mask it all up and paint it with gloss Black spray paint. As it is only a towcar and not a show and shine car!

Comment

• Ledzed
      • Jul 2009
      • Perth

Window trims

I had this same problem with my 1995 Paj and also noticed many others the same. I found it best to remove the strip altogether ( 2 screws,1 at either end, 1 is behind the weather strip) strip it back with a blade as suggested,The trick I found was not to cut away the ends of the coating entirely. You will notice that the edges are thicker than the rest, just leave them there as they go around the back of the trim. Anywway, once you've removed the trim and cleaned them up just spray with Metal Primer,undercoat and then top coat with matt black enamel paint. It has come up looking better than original I reckon. Good Luck Its worth doing
      1995 NJ 3.5ltr V6 GLX 2" lift kit HD tow pack Bull Bar Spotties,Dents and scratches
      I've done so much with so little for so long that now I can do almost anything with almost nothing!

Comment

• kippakoop
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ledzed View Post
        I had this same problem with my 1995 Paj and also noticed many others the same. I found it best to remove the strip altogether ( 2 screws,1 at either end, 1 is behind the weather strip) strip it back with a blade as suggested,The trick I found was not to cut away the ends of the coating entirely. You will notice that the edges are thicker than the rest, just leave them there as they go around the back of the trim. Anywway, once you've removed the trim and cleaned them up just spray with Metal Primer,undercoat and then top coat with matt black enamel paint. It has come up looking better than original I reckon. Good Luck Its worth doing
        great, thanks will give it a go
        1995 nj pajero 3.0, lift kit,(lovell springs, ironman shocks.tb), bighorns, dual battery, custon roof rack, reversing camera. i need more things to strap to my paj........in time

Comment

• wechosethegoodlife
          • Jun 2009
          • Thora NSW (Bellingen)

Photos would be great

Shane
          White 94 & metallic blue 96 NJ wagon 2.8TD. Wrecking the 96 NJ.

Comment

• -stu-
            • May 2010
            • Melbourne

I just went and got some decent ones off an nl from the wreckers for $30
            94 exceed, factory locker, needs a tidy up

Comment

• Ledzed
              • Jul 2009
              • Perth

photos

Heres a few photos of the trim, I didn't take any pics beforehand so I had to crop these from holiday photos (Thats why the wife is in one pic). I used matt black paint only to try and match the rest of the paintwork as its not too flash being 15 years old. Gloss paint would be a better choice if your Paj is a show car. Take them off the doors as its just so much easier to paint them and you can still drive around without them whilst they dry out. Anyway, go for it and Good Luck.
              Attached Files
              1995 NJ 3.5ltr V6 GLX 2" lift kit HD tow pack Bull Bar Spotties,Dents and scratches
              I've done so much with so little for so long that now I can do almost anything with almost nothing!

Comment

• kippakoop
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ledzed View Post
                Heres a few photos of the trim, I didn't take any pics beforehand so I had to crop these from holiday photos (Thats why the wife is in one pic). I used matt black paint only to try and match the rest of the paintwork as its not too flash being 15 years old. Gloss paint would be a better choice if your Paj is a show car. Take them off the doors as its just so much easier to paint them and you can still drive around without them whilst they dry out. Anyway, go for it and Good Luck.
                thanks for the info and pics

Comment

• Stuart H
                  • Jan 2009
                  • Stratford, Victoria

I tried to buy some new ones....Mitsubishi have stopped selling them. I trimmed away the damaged area and laid black duct tape over, and trimmed to fit. Did the windscreen trim as well. Painting would look better...This was quick and actually looks pretty good
                  1994 NJ GLS Pajero,3.0L V6, LPG. 400,000km (and climbing).....really should sell it..but can't bring myself to do it.

2009 NT VRX, 3.2L DiD.......tows like a train!!!

Comment

• beancounter1
                    • May 2011
                    • Hervey Bay

Trim Removal Procedure

Just a slight correction to an earlier post - There are NOT two screws holding the trim in.

There is just one screw, located on the inside outer edge of the door. The screw is exposed and not hidden. There are also a number clips holding the trim in. If you carefully prise it upwards it will come out. Once all the trim clips have been released carefully slide the front door trim out.

I spent ages looking for the second (non-existent screw).

Much easier to paint when removed from the car.

Can anyone tell me how to remove the trim from the windscreen, which has also deteriorated. I don't really want to remove the whole windscreen.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X