• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lee O'Sullivan
    • Jun 2010
    • Narre Warren South

Flashing light on centre diff

Hi, I am new to this forum and need some help. I just spent $400 at Mitsubishi Knox to have the flashing centre diff light problem solved and it is still flashing. They replaced an accutator seal I think and said that was the problem. I went for a drive on Sunday , at exactly 24km's down the freeway the light started flashing again. When it flashes , the other wheel lights whether in 2wd or 4wd go out and the centre light flashes. Turn off the car , turn back on and lights go back to normal. I don't want to take it back to them again as they are going to charge me more $$$ to fix it and they are not sure what it is. Does anyone know of a helful , good mechanic or 4wd enthusiast who has dealt with this problem and could show me what to do in the south eastern suburbs, Melbourne? I know it could be a number of things from reading other peoples posts but I don't know anything about engines and don't know where to start. I am putting $$$ down the drain with Mitsubishi and don't know where to look for help. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks Lee
  • JKohn
    • Oct 2009
    • Adelaide, SA

My new NT does this too. It doesn't happen around the City but on the freeway after I've been driving for about 25mins or so.

Mine is going in on the 26th back to get it checked - thankfully under warranty.
    2010 NT GLS DiD - now SOLD!

Comment

• 4ePikanini
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2009
      • South Africa, East London

you paid them to fix it. they didn't fix it.

Take it back and have them fix it or ask your money back.
      1993 3.0 V6 Pajero - SOLD
      2001 3.2 Di-D Pajero - SOLD
      2005 Touareg R5 2.5 TDi - SOLD
      2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D

Comment

• geopaj
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007
        • Adelaide

What model Pajero you have?
        Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• HSV Rangie
          Valued Member
          • Feb 2010
          • Hastings

Originally posted by 4ePikanini View Post
          you paid them to fix it. they didn't fix it.

Take it back and have them fix it or ask your money back.

This is correct.

you took it t o them
          tyey said they fixed.
          you paid.

NOT FIXED take it back.

there should be no cost as they did not fix it,
          2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.

Comment

• chatten
            • Oct 2008
            • gold coast QLD

hey lee did you find out what the prob was couse mine is doing the same thing its a nm mod .thanks chatts

Comment

• Brettm357
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by chatten View Post
              hey lee did you find out what the prob was couse mine is doing the same thing its a nm mod .thanks chatts
              Mine used to do it and it was a vacuum line on the manifold - at the back
              2001 NM EXCEED 3.5L AUTO, 2 INCH LIFT WITH BILSTEIN/LOVELLS SD RAISED COMBO, K&N 60L LONG RANGE TANK, ALLOY BULLBAR. ARB COMPRESSOR, PIRAHNA BATTERY TRAY, PROJECTA ISOLATOR, DUAL BATTERIES - ON LIST IS ENGEL FRIDGE, REAR WORK LIGHTS, FRONT DIFF LOCK, EXTRACTORS & HIGH FLOW CAT

Comment

• Toomai
                • Aug 2009
                • Gosford NSW

Got mine fixed

I have an 0 6 np. Mm dealer needed to replace all 5 transfer case sensors, lucky mine was under warranty.
                2006 NP 3.8 Petrol /LPG, White Exceed, Newlands LTD c/van firmly attached.
                Going as hard as we can, when ever we can

Comment

• Lance
                  Valued Member
                  • Aug 2009
                  • Melbourne

Why would they need to replace ALL 5 sensors.
                  Most unlikely ALL 5 were faulty.

Couldn't they work out which one didn't work ?
                  2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
                  2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

• brianwanless
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2008
                    • Mackay Nth Qld

I think you are right on the money, Lance. Why do a proper (time consuming ) diagnosis, just replace them all, it will be ok then.
                    If you paid to have it fixed and it's not, take it back.
                    NP did, auto, mags, aux tank, bullbar, hid spots, leds, uhf, engine watchdog, safari chip, anderson plug, fridge socket, gps, snorkel, airbags, sidesteps, dual batteries, hr towbar, brake controller, torque convertor lockup switch, slotted discs, stainless braided brake hoses, led rev lights.

Comment

• green monster
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2008
                      • Adelaide

Originally posted by Brettm357 View Post
                      Mine used to do it and it was a vacuum line on the manifold - at the back
                      could you be more specific i might go and check mine,,,,
                      thanks cam
                      NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

• onilebas
                        • Jul 2010
                        • Melbourne SE

i got mine under warranty from the dealer , is it under the rules that they fix the flashing diff bought this one as a second hand?

Comment

• dolphin
                          Valued Member
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by green monster View Post
                          could you be more specific i might go and check mine,,,,
                          thanks cam
                          vacume comes from the engine so follow the small vac line from the 2 x solinoids that lead to the engine manifold. easy peesy.
                          NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X