• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Davie
    • Mar 2011
    • Scotland

Hydraulic Brake Booster recall

Just got a letter to hand in the wagon, so the Hydraulic Brake Booster can be checked. Anyone had this done yet?
    2003 DID Shogun, 10mm Alloy bash plates, OME suspension, sliders, Set of BFG AT 265x70x16 & 235x70x16 Insa Special Track Extreme muds.
  • Uncle Fester
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2007
    • Boambee East NSW

Had mine done a year back. 1 month later I had problems with a brake caliper seizing, don't know if it was related but I never had any problems before the recall.
    NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.

Comment

• Lance
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2009
      • Melbourne

Davie is in Scotland with a Shogun, would this recall be applicable here in Oz ??
      2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
      2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

• WogsRus
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2008
        • Hobart Tasmania

yeah it sure is its on the recals.gov website
        HAD 2007 NS GLX Pajero, 3.8L grunt, ex Cop,

NOW 50th Anniversary Simpson Edition Poootrol wit some fruit

"Speed doesn't kill. It's the sudden stop at the end"
        "Live everyday as if it was your last, and some day it will"

Comment

• Davie
          • Mar 2011
          • Scotland

Well it's booked in for next week. Guy reckons they check it for the faulty parts and change them if required, said it would take an hour?? Heard that before lol!
          2003 DID Shogun, 10mm Alloy bash plates, OME suspension, sliders, Set of BFG AT 265x70x16 & 235x70x16 Insa Special Track Extreme muds.

Comment

• gaz1
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2007
            • Blue Mountains NSW

If it's the same issue as the recall here in Oz (about a year ago) then an hour is about all it took to do mine while I waited. That particular issue was the accumulator that applies pressure to the hydraulic master cylinder - I guess it could also be called the booster. The accumulator is powered by a small electric motor, rather than the old vacuum power system.
            2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

• Alymar
              • Nov 2010
              • Sunnybank Hills

Is this one on the booster, master cylinder or accumulator? I can remember doing hundreds of HBB accumulators back in the early norties when I worked for MM.
              NM GLX 3.5lt V6, Lovells 2" HD, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, LPG.....

Comment

• Davie
                • Mar 2011
                • Scotland

Had it done last week, it was the booster that they replaced with a new part? ?243 pounds, but it was cover by Mits.

Comment

• streetbeastinc
                  • Dec 2010
                  • TRINIDAD

i asked this question...cant this be replaced with a conventional master and booster???????????? i want to do this if i ever get trouble with my unit....this unit makes no sense be electric...

Comment

• green monster
                    Valued Member
                    • Apr 2008
                    • Adelaide

Originally posted by streetbeastinc View Post
                    i asked this question...cant this be replaced with a conventional master and booster???????????? i want to do this if i ever get trouble with my unit....this unit makes no sense be electric...
                    ,,its handy if you ever stall it on a steep hill,, you still have full brake control,
                    and yes its happened to me,,,, In an AUTO too !!!! (only did it once? bit odd)
                    NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

• streetbeastinc
                      • Dec 2010
                      • TRINIDAD

this electric system is more likely to have total failure than the conventional vacc system...its not reliable....hydraulic sys just dont fail just like that they usually give signs lots of it....and the repair cost is minimal.
                      this electric system is total bs....common sense will tell u this.

Comment

• bluepaj
                        • Aug 2011
                        • MNC, NSW

I've only just bought my NM Paj, I wonder if this recall applies to non-original owners?

Comment

• TheTaipan
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2009
                          • sydney

Originally posted by bluepaj View Post
                          I've only just bought my NM Paj, I wonder if this recall applies to non-original owners?

Sure does.

Sorry, but the page you were looking for cannot be found.

Comment

• bluepaj
                            • Aug 2011
                            • MNC, NSW

Hmmm, just contacted MMA with my Vin. They say my car doesn't apply and is OK....so why are the brakes so spongy? I'll flush and bleed them and see what happens.

Comment

• sprintman
                              Valued Member
                              • May 2010

Originally posted by bluepaj View Post
                              Hmmm, just contacted MMA with my Vin. They say my car doesn't apply and is OK....so why are the brakes so spongy? I'll flush and bleed them and see what happens.
                              Get it to a pro brake shop for a full check. You don't skimp on dodgy brakes.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X