• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • damo83
    • Jul 2010
    • Brisbane

Fuse block in rear of NM/NP

Hi,

I'm currently setting up the back of the Paj for my new waeco and as part of this I'm fitting a 6 way fuse block in the rear cargo area, fed from my auxiliary battery. I'll be running some decent cable to the standard cig plug and plan to install a rear work light in the future.

I was just wondering if those who have done this could share where they mounted the fuse block?

I was originally planning on mounting the fuse block in the compartment near the drink holders on the passenger side (I've seen a photo on here of it but can't find it again) but its a tight squeeze so I'm looking for alternative options. Unfortunately I don't have drawers just a false plywood floor.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, especially photos.

Thanks
    Damo
    *** FOR SALE *** 2000 NM Exceed 3.5l V6 Manual... Lovells 2" SD coils and Lovells shocks/struts... Polyairs... 265/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac... Dual Battery System... Bushskinz intercooler and sump guards
  • Aussie_Dan
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2010
    • Cairns

Damo.
    Sorry, I don't have photo's but can conform that there is a fair amount of room (Plenty enough for a fuse block) behind the trim at the L/H rear of the cargo area.
    Take off the little cover that covers the L/H 3rd row seat hinge and have a look into that hole. Look backwards, you should find plenty of room in there. The only trouble is that it would be a pain to get to if you ever needed to change a fuse....
    Perhaps you could integrate some kind of door into that rear trim panel for easier access?
    Dan.
    2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• damo83
      • Jul 2010
      • Brisbane

Hi Dan,
      Yeah I've looked behind that panel and seen the amount of wasted space but like you said it would be a pain to access if/when a fuse blows. If only Mits had included an access door... I'm not really keen on butchering the trim myself.

I wonder if the little storage compartment in the top of the left trim panel can be removed? This already has a door and may provide adequate access.
      *** FOR SALE *** 2000 NM Exceed 3.5l V6 Manual... Lovells 2" SD coils and Lovells shocks/struts... Polyairs... 265/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac... Dual Battery System... Bushskinz intercooler and sump guards

Comment

• sharkcaver
        "2000"+ Valued Contributor
        • May 2009
        • Perth

I have a 4 pot distribution block. Not that it will help you, but mine is screwed to the inside side of my home made rear storage, the sides of which are inside the wheel arches.

Behind this end panel. So it may be something to consider if your planning on storage at a later date.

Shane.
        MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• damo83
          • Jul 2010
          • Brisbane

Hi Shane,

At this stage I don't plan on installing a storage system... I'm just finishing off the false floor to mount the fridge slide to... sure would make it easier to find somewhere to mount the fuse block though.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X