X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steveler
    • Mar 2008

NS Pajero 3.2 Litre Auto chip upgrade

Is the 08 Pajero able to get a power upgraded chip on the 3.2 Litre diesel auto? Does anyone know as the auto has the ppf ,Rgs Steve
    Steve 08 NS VRX Pajero DID Auto . TJM Steel Bullbar Warn Winch 9000 ib Narva 175 Ultimate Driving lights 3 pairs Uniden IC440 , Haymen Reece towbar TJM Airtec Snorkel Tint ARB Old Man Emu 2 Inch lift springs and shocks . Coopers 265 / 60 / 18 ATR VMS 500 GPS . TPMS 40 Litre Engel Fridge Rhino roof bars and rack Dashmat TJM 175 lpm A/C Ironman Duel Battery Kit F&R ARB Diff locks Long Ranger 60 Litre Aux Tank Black Widow rear draws and water tank Chip it Chip& Delete pipe ARB Awning
  • Jeelan
    • May 2008
    • Perth, WA

Originally posted by steveler View Post
    Is the 08 Pajero able to get a power upgraded chip on the 3.2 Litre diesel auto? Does anyone know as the auto has the ppf ,Rgs Steve
    There are chip upgrades available. DPChip are one that come to mind, however when i entertained doing this, the DPF issue was still valid so in the end i decided that i didnt want to risk issues with warranty etc by putting a chip in that may be aggravate an existing problem. I had several discussions with Berrima Diesel in the eastern states and with United Fuel Injection in Perth and both were of the opinion that chipping the NS 3.2L Diesel autos wasnt really worth the potential problems that may arise given the DPF issue.

Now that the DPF issue has been resolved (hopefully) it might be an option...however i havent revisited it....

good luck with it and let us know if you decide to chip - it would be interesting to hear your view..

cheers
    Jeelan

2014 NW Pajero - 3.2DiD Auto, 2" lift with Bilstein shocks and Lovell Springs, Factory Diff Lock, 18" rims on Hankook Dynapro RF10's, Rhino Platform Rack, Opposite Lock Triple Loop Bullbar

Comment

• matthewfnorbert
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007

a little birdy who has his DiD chipped told me no issues
      SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

• steveler
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Jeelan View Post
        There are chip upgrades available. DPChip are one that come to mind, however when i entertained doing this, the DPF issue was still valid so in the end i decided that i didnt want to risk issues with warranty etc by putting a chip in that may be aggravate an existing problem. I had several discussions with Berrima Diesel in the eastern states and with United Fuel Injection in Perth and both were of the opinion that chipping the NS 3.2L Diesel autos wasnt really worth the potential problems that may arise given the DPF issue.

Now that the DPF issue has been resolved (hopefully) it might be an option...however i havent revisited it....

good luck with it and let us know if you decide to chip - it would be interesting to hear your view..

cheers
        Jeelan
        Thanks for the reply and that information , yes i have experienced first hand the DPF light coming on and the Pajero going into limp mode and playing up @ about 1000km , after the new remap from my Dealer no problems and the Pajero has covered 10,000km now with no DPF issues So far not game to make any changes as you stated with the warranty issues etc Regards Steve
        Steve 08 NS VRX Pajero DID Auto . TJM Steel Bullbar Warn Winch 9000 ib Narva 175 Ultimate Driving lights 3 pairs Uniden IC440 , Haymen Reece towbar TJM Airtec Snorkel Tint ARB Old Man Emu 2 Inch lift springs and shocks . Coopers 265 / 60 / 18 ATR VMS 500 GPS . TPMS 40 Litre Engel Fridge Rhino roof bars and rack Dashmat TJM 175 lpm A/C Ironman Duel Battery Kit F&R ARB Diff locks Long Ranger 60 Litre Aux Tank Black Widow rear draws and water tank Chip it Chip& Delete pipe ARB Awning

Comment

• Schniff
          • Jul 2007
          • Adelaide

MRT performance very shortly will be doing ECU remaps of Did Pajero and Triton. This would most likely get much better results than the primitive smoke boxes and is less likely to result in DPF problems.
          Drowned, RIP: NS DID VRX Auto, FP, TJM Sorkel, Cargo Barrier, Infill G4 car PC, Waeco CF-50, Icom IC 400 UHF, ARB deluxe bar, IPF 900XS HID upgrade and dual battery. Kings and Bilsteins, Brown Davis Bash plates, CSA 17 inch alloys with Cooper ST-Cs for the dirt, ORS fridgepack drawers, 90 litre water bladder, LRA aux fuel tank.

Comment

• Pete & Mon's NS
            Valued Member
            • May 2008
            • West Lakes - Adelaide, SA

Originally posted by matthewfnorbert View Post
            a little birdy who has his DiD chipped told me no issues
            Whose the little birdie? What unit does he have?
            | Gunmetal NS Exceed DiD with Dakar leather | Factory rear Diff Lock | Alloy Nudge Bar | MMCS | Moonroof | GME TX3440 | Custom rear Storage | Stebel Compact Air Horn |
            | Ford Focus XR5 Turbo in Electric Orange |

Comment

• bro
              • Dec 2007
              • sydney

Originally posted by Schniff View Post
              MRT performance very shortly will be doing ECU remaps of Did Pajero and Triton. This would most likely get much better results than the primitive smoke boxes and is less likely to result in DPF problems.
              Nice pls post us when they do
              Pajero NT Activ
              Wish List:The lot

Comment

• Walker
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2007

Yes. I have spoken to the "little birdy" who has a DP chip on their auto NS. I had a drive and it definatley has a lot more power, especially on initial acceleration and I am told his fuel economy has decreased by a good margin.
                He never had a DPF fault, even before all the fixes and has never had a fault after teh chip was installed.
                thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

OK stop the 'BIG TEASE' and someone please provide us with some detailed info on this chip upgrade.

Comment

• Hookedon4wding
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2007
                    • Mornington Peninsula, VIC

Originally posted by SilverFox View Post
                    OK stop the 'BIG TEASE' and someone please provide us with some detailed info on this chip upgrade.
                    I'll second that. No need to name the owner, just some more info would be great.
                    2010 150 Prado GXL V6 Auto

Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.

Comment

• Walker
                      Valued Member
                      • Aug 2007

What more info do you need?
                      thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                      1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

• GHM
                        • Aug 2007

I 3rd that and would appreciate to know what does the chip do, what does it affected and fuel wise - what is the saving if any.
                        p.s. costs as well
                        Thx
                        NS Pajero Exceed 2007, 3.2 Diesel Auto, FP, HD Tow Pack, Diff Lock, Cargo Barrier, GMC TX3440, GPS SatNav, ARB Dual Battery Kit, BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A -

Comment

• Eastie
                          Valued Member
                          • Jul 2007
                          • Vic

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          Yes. I have spoken to the "little birdy" who has a DP chip on their auto NS. I had a drive and it definatley has a lot more power, especially on initial acceleration and I am told his fuel economy has decreased by a good margin.
                          He never had a DPF fault, even before all the fixes and has never had a fault after teh chip was installed.
                          So more power at the cost of signigicantly less km per tank of fuel (as I read it). Any idea what the magnitude of the increase in fuel consumption is?
                          NS oil burner shorty

Comment

• Walker
                            Valued Member
                            • Aug 2007

The person I know who has th chip is not on this forum, but I will try to get him on.

Sorry Eastie, I wrote that bit wrong, fuel economy gets better. From what he has said, the fuel consumption is actually better with the chip by almost 10% while torque seemsto have incereased by a good margin. I an only go on feel, but my Pajero felt a lot slower when I got back in it after driving his. Around town I think he was geting a bit over 11l/100km which is about1l/100km better than what I get in the auto.

It is a simple plug in chip which takes about 2min to install but does nt change any of the factory setting of the ecu. I have been looking at getting on but not sure yet because I am sure it will void the warranty. You do get a full 5 year warranty from DP chip on the motor if it is proven that the chip caused a problem with the motor but I would not like to test that warranty.

I think it is about $1250 for the chip.
                            thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                            1987 Range Rover Ute

Comment

• Nova Artist
                              • Jul 2007
                              • Perth

Irrespective of any 3rd party manufactured chip, has anyone actually had the torque and kilowatts checked after having all these upgrades done to the NS over the last year or so. All specifications for the NS are likely based on when it first came out in NOvember 06 - and I would certainly like to know whether all these upgrades to the DPF issue by reflashing the ECU a few times now has done anything to the numbers that were at least bringing it closer to the NT values but simply not reported officially. (and I do realise that a lot more than just the ECU has been upgraded - but it does not stop me wondering if the reflashed ECU at least got the power up a little higher)
                              Mar07 build NS LWB VRX Auto

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X