Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Jul 2008

Dash Lights got me worried

Well, after a decent feed in town we jumped in the trusty Paj to head home. On start up the following dash lights failed to go out- brake warning lamp, charge warning lamp, A/T fluid temperature warning lamp and fuel filter indicator lamp. I had only driven 20k into town left the car for an hour so and had this occur on start up, I ve also lost my indicators and hazard lights. Drove the car home with no apparent problems.

If it was just one of these lights coming on I think i may have a specific problem, whereas these dont match up (to me anyway), is anybody able to shed some light or suggest a fix for my problem. I have to drive to Townsville from Cairns on Sunday to attend an interview first thing Monday morning and drive straight back (800k round trip) and as I said them lights has got me worried.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Sevie
  • Avanner
    • Jul 2007

Sevie

......this may not be the solution, but the fact that you have lost indicators/hazard lights, may mean you have just blown a fuse. Seems crazy but I have had some weird things happen with dash warning lamps when I blew an indicator fuse in an NP.

Check every fuse under bonnet & dash.

Roy

Comment

• marcthelegend
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2008
      • Gosnells, WA

Yep, blown hazard fuse causes ALL of the above symptoms ... seems bad but only costs a dollar to repair! proberbly the most reliving dollar you will ever spend! haha.

Cheers

Marc
      05 NP GLX 3.8 Auto. 2" Lovell/Bilstein Lift, ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, Granke mk3 12,000lbs winch, Uniden UH015sx, HID spotties, Roof mounted light bar, Work lights, Upgraded stereo, Tinting, 2.5t tow, dual battery setup (homemade), Radar Renegade tyres, wired up dummy lights, Bushskinz Sump/Intercooler plates, home-made diff breathers (front and back) and a cheap ebay snorkel.

To-do:
      brake upgrade, oil seals (again!!)

Comment

• Jul 2008

I never would have thought a blown 10amp fuse would throw up those warning lamps, but then again...........

Next time I have any of those sort of dramas I'll check the fuse box before panicking

Thanks again for the prompt replies and saving me some hard earned dollars not to mention the embarrassment of paying someone else to look at it.

Cheers

Sevie

Comment

• psproule
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2007
          • Googong, NSW

Have you been towing, and do you have repeater indicators on the bullbar? That combination tends to blow the hazard fuse. It's fairly common to replace it with a 15 amp item.
          2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
          2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• MrD
            • Jun 2010
            • melbourne

yeh had the same problem on np after towing once, rewired trailer then about a month later blew the fuse again, put in 15 amp and no probs since. i put it down to extra current draw from from jap tail lights i fitted to replace blank ones on the rear

Comment

• Jul 2008

No towing of late although I think I'll go with your recommendation and change the fuse to a 15amp anyways.

Thanks

Sevie

Comment

• Beechie
                • Nov 2009
                • Wherever I lay down my head (based out of Tharwa, ACT).

I had the same thing happen and didn't think to check the fuses. I had it down the road to get a major service done and you can imagine how stupid I felt when I got the news.
                Happy travels.
                Beechie

2004 NP 3.8L V6 Petrol
                Current Mods: 265/75 R16 Cooper ST's, 2" OME Lift, Narva Driving Lights, ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, ARB Dual Battery, ARB Hi-Flow Compressor, Rhino Roof Rack, OpenSky Rooftop Tent, Waeco CF50 Fridge, GME TX 3440, Memory Map Full Vic and NSW Topo Maps on Mini Laptop, Nokia Bluetooth Handsfree.
                Wishlist: Snorkel, Bash Plates, Ironman 12000lb Winch, Long Range Fuel Tank, Storage Drawers.

Comment

• psproule
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Googong, NSW

Originally posted by Beechie View Post
                  I had the same thing happen and didn't think to check the fuses. I had it down the road to get a major service done and you can imagine how stupid I felt when I got the news.
                  Happy travels.
                  Dont worry, when my old NM did this years ago, and I took it to the local Mitsu dealer, they diagnosed it as a faulty alternator and had it reco'd, charged it to my fleet account ($400 +), and then realised it was the fuse! Wasn't particularly happy at that.

Pat
                  2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
                  2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• axel
                    • Jun 2009
                    • Rockhampton, QLD

Thank you!!

Thank you everyone for writing and responding to this thread. We have just got home from a 4 day (turned 5 day) holiday where all the above symptoms occurred. We also have had it diagnosed as a dodgy alternator (quoted genuine mitsubishi alternator needed costing $1600 and 3-4 week delivery timeframe!). We are hoping in the morning that if we get them to check the fuse, our problems will be solved!

Comment

• Calspec
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2007
                      • SA

Had the same symtpoms after some rugged 4wding in the Flinders Ranges just a couple of weeks ago, Yep, sure enough, blown hazard fuse due to short circuit in the camper trailer wiring. Initially was a bit worried until I also noticed lack of indicators. The draw bar of the trailer had been ploughing its way through as we sent through some of the deep ruts and climbs, cable got completely mashed up.

No idea why the hazard fuse and not the left or right indicator fuses.
                      01 NM Exceed 3.5l Auto, SVI LPG, Pacemakers, Alloy Bar, IPF lights, GME TX3440, OME/King Suspension, 2" Lift, Toyo OCII 75's, 2500Kg Tow Hitch, Milford Cargo Barrier, ARB Fridge, ABR Dual Battery isolator, Rear storage drawers, Hema Navigator 7, JVC 7" In dash DVD, TJM Compressor, 2.5T Hand winch and all the bits that go with it, and a 17' Jayco Westport.

Comment

• Pottsy
                        • Jun 2010
                        • Newborough Vic

Love to know how this ended???
                        2003 NP Exceed. Options: E35 D75 G39 - ENGINE 3.5 L V6 S4 ULP 6G74, TRANSMISSION 5 SPEED AUTO (4X4), Electric slide & tilt sunroof

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X