• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Clancee
    • Feb 2008
    • Kalaru NSW, 2550

NS tow bar

I am looking at a new Pajero to tow my Kimberly Kamper (KK). Does the the spare tyre in its lower profile present any difficulties in opening the rear door when hitched to a KK

NM Exceed DiD with additional rear HD OME springs
    Last edited by Clancee; 21-02-08, 12:27 PM.
  • Pearcie
    BushSkinz 4x4
    • Nov 2007
    • Wattagans

Hi Clancee
    If you are using a treg hitch then i would presume that you would not have any issues opening the back door, as for the regular horse shoe coupling if it has the handle at the top then depending on the angle you park on sometimes the door can be opened if you get the spare wheel lifter then i believe that it alleviates some of this problem but if you fit larger tires then chances are your back in the same boat. it is my understanding that the lower profile doesn't actually definitely equate to a difference in tyre size as it is all a ratio and as the rim increases in size to maintain the same overall tyre size or similar tyre size they reduce the profile yet keep the same section width. hence more rim less rubber end result similar end size. this is how they come from new afterwards you can adjusty as you please within the legalities as mest up as they are. this topic has been well covered in other posts.

hope this helps
    Last edited by Pearcie; 21-02-08, 01:14 PM.
    2012 Holden RG Colorado LX 2.8L Auto "Rad Rado"
    Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Retired: NS Pajero Exceed 3.8L

Retired: NS SWB X DiD "The BushSkinz lil Paj"

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=9928

Retired: NM Pajero 3.5L

www.bushskinz4x4.com.au[/SIZE]

Comment

• Clancee
      • Feb 2008
      • Kalaru NSW, 2550

Pearcie
      Thank you for this helpful information

Comment

• Pearcie
        BushSkinz 4x4
        • Nov 2007
        • Wattagans

Clancee,
        Do you have the treg hitch on your camper, on our last paj we found that we had to turn the hitch the other way up to get the camper to sit level as we didn't have the suspension done at that point in time on that vehicle. i would imagine that if you needed to do a similar thing with the new paj and your camper then you would probably run into similar problems as the horse shoe coupling. our camper wasn't a KK tho and weighed abit over a ton unloaded.

i would be interested in knowing if you have the treg hitch and you decide to get a new paj if there is any hope of opening the rear door with the tow bar the other way up. however i wouldn't recommend towing your camper in this setup as i believe in order to safely tow like this it requires a new bar as they are not reinforced in the way necessary to support the weight from that direction.
        Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Comment

• Walker
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2007

Yes. I had to turn the hitch around the other way so that my Off-road trailer sat level (sort of). Even with the treg hitch I can't open the rear door.
          I could get the rear tyre lift which might solve the problem but then I would not be able to fit my larger tyre in the carrier.
          thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
          1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

• Pearcie
            BushSkinz 4x4
            • Nov 2007
            • Wattagans

thanks for that walker, out of curiosity what is the largest possible tyre we would be able to fit in the tyre carrier, when it comes time to change i plan on doing the lift and going to either 32" or 33"... even tho i know this means i have no chance of opening the back door when i have the box trailer attached or the horse float for that matter...

Comment

• Walker
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2007

I only have 265/70-17 (31.6") and that is a close fit. I doubt you would get a 32" in there without some modfications.

Nothing a hacksaw wont fix.
              thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
              1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X