• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • woodsey
    • Jun 2013
    • seven oaks

Dust driving me crazy

Has anyone had problems with dust getting in the back of there pajero if i cant stop it wife (boss) wants to sell and i love my pajero please help
  • ra33er
    • Aug 2013
    • lowood

i had the same problem in my ols paj it was pooring in from the boot seel it was stuffed dont no if u would do it but all i did was went to bunnings and bout the black coloured silastic the put it all they way around the top and bottom of the seal wet ya finger n smoth it all out allow to dry then trim any messy bits after i did that we had no dust or water getting in or just replace the seal ya can try wetting all around every door and see if any bit off the water has gone passed the seal if it has that may be were the dust is getting in
    if water was vodka and i was a duck id swim to the bottom and never come up...........................but water is not vodka and im not a duck so pass me a bottle and shut the phuk up

Comment

• Nab
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2012
      • Perth

Yes, there are vents below the rear lights that need sorting.

There is lots of info on here, you will need to search as I can't remember where it is!!!
      SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
      NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• brianwanless
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2008
        • Mackay Nth Qld

Put dust into the search and check out dustproofing NP, Sharkcavers solution with the rear vents below the tail lights works.
        I sealed mine right up and no more dust. Also check the seal round the back door.
        NP did, auto, mags, aux tank, bullbar, hid spots, leds, uhf, engine watchdog, safari chip, anderson plug, fridge socket, gps, snorkel, airbags, sidesteps, dual batteries, hr towbar, brake controller, torque convertor lockup switch, slotted discs, stainless braided brake hoses, led rev lights.

Comment

• woodsey
          • Jun 2013
          • seven oaks

thanks for all the info i have changed the tail lights to after market ones maybe the dust is getting passed them and into the vents

Comment

• amr75wcr
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2009
            • Sunny Coast

Also fit a cabin filter to trap any dust that may enter
            Last edited by amr75wcr; 25-08-13, 06:47 PM.
            04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj

Comment

• Lance
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2009
              • Melbourne

Originally posted by woodsey View Post
              thanks for all the info i have changed the tail lights to after market ones maybe the dust is getting passed them and into the vents
              Most unlikely the dust is getting past the tail lights.
              Re-read the 2 posts before you last one

The dust will be entering the cabin through vents on either side, below the tail lights, tucked in behind the bumper.

Search box time
              2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
              2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

• Bundyk
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2012
                • North Nowra

Originally posted by brianwanless View Post
                Put dust into the search and check out dustproofing NP, Sharkcavers solution with the rear vents below the tail lights works.
                I sealed mine right up and no more dust. Also check the seal round the back door.
                Originally posted by Lance View Post
                Most unlikely the dust is getting past the tail lights.
                Re-read the 2 posts before you last one

The dust will be entering the cabin through vents on either side, below the tail lights, tucked in behind the bumper.

Search box time
                x2.
                Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

• hobbo
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2009
                  • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Dust Free

Hey I Finally Fixed the Rear Dust Exhaust Vents under the Tail Lights on my NP ! Took about an Hour, had to remove the rear bumper away from the rear of the Paj, the Vent Dust Flap on the L/H side was Folded Neatly up under the flap above ! No Wonder the Paj is getting Dust in. Cleaned off all the dust and gave it a good wipe over, cut out some old trim felt to fit Neatly over the outside of the vent and Duct Taped it on. Should be All Good from now on. Now for that A/C Panel Filter Mod........
                  NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

• brentw
                    • Sep 2012
                    • Salisbury Heights, SA

I just siliconed the rear vents shut. Doesn't need them open once its 10yrs old as all the door seals are a bit tired anyway and it stops a crap load of dust coming in.
                    2003 NP Pajero GLS 3.2 DID.

E.C. Bullbar, USB/Bluetooth Stereo, Cabin Filter Mod, 20% tint, Bridgestone AT LT 265/70/16, EGR Blanks, Bonnet Protector, Engine Guardian, Boost/Oil Pressure/Volt Gauges + Huge Wish list

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X