• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • obione_98
    • Jun 2007
    • Brisbane

NP Exceed - replacement 'Head Unit'.

My radio/DVD/Rear Camera screen/ SatNav/trip computer - has failed totally. The local Mitsu dealer has sent of to MMA for a replacement, under warranty. What might I expect?

I believe the sat/nav is no longer made. Has anyone had this replacement? What did you get from MMA?

Thanks
  • Stroker
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Glenorie NSW

Originally posted by obione_98 View Post
    My radio/DVD/Rear Camera screen/ SatNav/trip computer - has failed totally. The local Mitsu dealer has sent of to MMA for a replacement, under warranty. What might I expect?

I believe the sat/nav is no longer made. Has anyone had this replacement? What did you get from MMA?

Thanks
    Hi Obione

Did they send the screen (head unit) off or the hard drive thing under the passenger seat?

Cheers Glenn
    NP Exceed 2005 3.2 diesel automatic , 100% stock standard except for the headlight globes

Comment

• Para Ordnance
      • Jul 2007

Hopefully for you, you get the F10 unit... minus the TV though!

Comment

• obione_98
        • Jun 2007
        • Brisbane

Stroker - just the head unit. the hard drive remains in place.

Comment

• 72pug
          • Aug 2007
          • Brisbane

Obione 98,
          ....Did you get my PM .....

Pug.

Comment

• Stroker
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2007
            • Glenorie NSW

Stroker - just the head unit. the hard drive remains in place.
            Hi Obione

That is a shame, pity it wasnt the hard drive they would have had to replace it with something decent, getting the head unit repaired shouldnt be too hard, can you keep us all posted on your progress please.

Cheers Glenn
            NP Exceed 2005 3.2 diesel automatic , 100% stock standard except for the headlight globes

Comment

• obione_98
              • Jun 2007
              • Brisbane

Thanks, Pug.

Still have no response from MMA - the local dealer did say it'd take up to a week. I shall post the outcome here.

Comment

• obione_98
                • Jun 2007
                • Brisbane

MMA - Slow as usual

2 weeks since my local Mitsu dealer sent off to MMA for a warranty replacement 'head unit' for my NP Exceed - no response from MMA.

Comment

• Stroker
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2007
                  • Glenorie NSW

2 weeks since my local Mitsu dealer sent off to MMA for a warranty replacement 'head unit' for my NP Exceed - no response from MMA.
                  Thanks for the update, I,m curious to see how this one gets resolved..

Comment

• 72yellow
                    • Jul 2007
                    • ADL

NP Exceed - Head Unit

Hi Folks. Picked up NP after svce this morning. I too have had problems (but not total failure) of head unit.
                    Dealer confirms a replacement unit is being sought from MMAL and will be installed - warranty. Head unit only
                    Like most owners without spending 3K, have yet to find solution of upgrading outdated nav.

Cheers
                    DB
                    NX Exceed

Comment

• obione_98
                      • Jun 2007
                      • Brisbane

Becoming a Saga!!

Progress Report - more correctly - NO PROGRESS Report!

Now 4 weeks since my Mitsu dealer advised that my NP Exceed needed a new head unit. They said paper work had been sent to Mitsu, and they'd phone me when authorisation was received.

No phone call after 3 weeks, so I rang the dealer again. Dealer gave me the 'Customer Assistance' contact number at Mitsu. Customer Assistance listened, took all details and stated they would phone me back.

Now 2 days after that call - no 'phone back' so I called 'Customer Assistance' again. I'm unable to get past a reception person who advises me that she'll message the consultant dealing with my call. No call back!!

So!! Consumer Affairs! RACQ!

Any ideas??
                      Last edited by obione_98; 31-01-08, 04:02 PM. Reason: Spelling error!

Comment

• Stroker
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2007
                        • Glenorie NSW

Disgraceful but entirely expected........Aren't car companies compelled to hold parts in stock for seven years after a models release.
                        Contact a TV station about it

Cheers Glenn

Comment

• obione_98
                          • Jun 2007
                          • Brisbane

Resolution - AT LAST!

Finally - on Monday (Feb 4th) I was connected to a consultant at Mitsu Customer Service Centre who said, unequivocally, I will solve this for you!! AND he did. He rang me back on Feb 5th to tell me he had contacted my Brisbane Mitsu Service Agent, established when the parts order was put in; had followed that up with the manufacturer who provides service and exchange parts for (failed) Eurovox (they are Go Technologies - in Melbourne I think). He established with them when the exchange 'head unit' would be available, and delivered to Brisbane; then he rang my service agent and explained the situation to them, and suggested they should contact me immediately the part came in - which they did.

Upshot! My Pajero is booked in for Monday, February 11th - when it should have an 'exchange' head unit fitted.

I'll report when the job is actually done - but...

My sincere thanks to PAUL at Mitsu Customer Service Centre; he alone said something could be done, and he'd do it!!

AND he did!!

Thanks, Paul!

Comment

• obione_98
                            • Jun 2007
                            • Brisbane

Today took my NP Did Exceed back to the dealers, and they fitted an exchange head unit. Took about 90 minutes. Working well in all functions so far, though the Sat-Nav takes a loooong time to activate.

Only the head unit was replaced.

Comment

• Vlad
                              • Jun 2007
                              • Melbourne

Hi guys,

For those of you who have this unit, you may be interested in a steering wheel remote control I developed for it:

Steering Wheel Remote Control Home Copyright 2007 Unique Design Concepts Visitor Counter

It basically allows you to control all important head unit functions without moving out hands from the steering wheel. My wife has been using it for seven months and it has worked faultlessly.

Regards,
                              Vlad

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X