• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ludacris
    • Feb 2009

Pajero Remote Central Locking

Hi,

I have recently bought a 97 NL Pajero and signed up for these forums. The Paj had central locking as standard and after searching through here I found a great wiring guide for the remote part of that central locking.

I purchased a kit from jaycar and had a go at wiring this in on the weekend. Thought I would post to let people know what I found when putting the kit in.

The Paj did not have the remote locking control unit from Mitsubishi installed but it did have the wiring hidden in the back panel. After removing the drivers side rear lower plastic trim I found the wiring harness for the remote locking was clipped behind the panels near the stock rear speaker. When I looked at the connector the wires were revers of what was posted in the wiring diagram. Pin 10 was the top left, Pin 20 was the bottom left rather than being Pins 1 and 11 as in the diagram. This was easy to work out with a multimeter as the red one was battery + and the black was ground.

With the power wires found I connected the jaycar locking system power and earth wires and was able to then work out which wires sent the lock and unlock signals. The instructions with the kit labelled the wires "blue", "green", "white" etc which was less than helpful. If you buy the kit then you will need to connect the blue and green wires for the lock/unlock signals to wires 12 and 14 (from memory) and the white wire I connected to the drivers side actuator wire which is wire 6. This allowed the car to lock/unlock via the remote and also the drivers door can drive all the lock when operated manually.

All up the install including panel removal and diagnosis time took about 4 hours so a job easily completed in an afternoon.

If your thinking of adding remote locking to your car then I can highly recommend the jaycar kit, just forget the instructions that come with it.

• spongeBOB
    • Sep 2008

i agree the jaycar kit is very good and the wiring diagram is useless to a point, i have a 93 nh and as far as i know it never came with the option to put in remote central. so how do you hook it up? i hear you ask. inside the passenger door attached to the back of the cylinder is a rotary switch when you turn the key one way it sends a signal to the central locking unit to lock and the other way to lock. i simply found the wires in behind the central locking unit under the drivers dash and spliced into them however as the lock/un-lock signal is grounded to activate the central locking unit simply hooking up the lock/un-lock signal wires from the jaycar unit will not work you need to hook up two relays on the coil side of the relay the outputs for the jaycar unit are connected and on the switching side of the relay is the two spliced wires and a connection to the negative side of the car battery. if anyone needs it i can draw a circuit digram and post it just ask
    '93 NH Paj LWB 3L 6g72 stock except for alloy bull bar

Comment

• krokkie
      • Oct 2007

Please post a drawing, I have a 94 NJ and would like to do this.

Comment

• tez
        • Oct 2007

For a NH and possibly NJ, if you get your hands on a keyless entry system with a negative output, then you dont have to muck around with relays and stuff.

Ive got a Mongoose unit which I plan to install.

Comment

• arbee
          • Nov 2007
          • penrith

post up a drawing please

Comment

• spongeBOB
            • Sep 2008

Drawings

attached is a pdf of the very simple circuit diagram and the factory wiring diagram for the central locking out of the NH/NJ gregorys manual. remember you will need 2 relays one for lock and one for unlock. the mistsu central locking must be connected to the relays via the wires in the diagram marked BR & BL (BY) it will not work any other way. if you strike problems let me know and i will try to help
            Attached Files

Comment

• krokkie
              • Oct 2007

Cheers mate

Comment

• godzone
                • Feb 2009

I Have a Nj Pajero and have brought a Jaycar system, I have found the wiring harness behind the rear quarter panel but any further information about wiring it in would be greatly appreciated...

Comment

• ludacris
                  • Feb 2009

Hi Godzone,

If the NJ is anything like the NL then just use the gregory's wiring diagram to work out which wire does what job in the harness. Then with the jaycar kit wire the + power to +12V and earth to earth. Then you will need to wire the green and blue to the lock/unlock wires (may need to test and switch depending on what does which function) and the white wire is connected to the wiring harness wire that allows the drivers door lock to operate all locks.

Comment

• TassieDevil
                    • May 2009

Pajero Remote Locking

I have an NJ and have followed the advice for connecting to the 20 pin connector of the wiring harness in the rear but unfortunately none of the wire colours seem to match up nor do the the same pins of the connector in the chart appear to be connected in the same way. Is there a wire colour code for the 20 pin connector available so I can see where each wire of the connector goes?

Comment

• xroad
                      • Sep 2009

Hi. I tried doing this yesterday but I encountered some problems.

I think I may have made a mistake by completely disconnecting the Mitsu central locking system. Is the jaycar system supposed to be connected in-parallel to the mitsu central locking system? Meaning, I just tap on the green/blue wire from the Mitsu central locking wire harness?

Comment

• spongeBOB
                        • Sep 2008

got it in one you are using the mistu central locking to move the actuators and the jaycar system activates the mitsu unit. it is the only way to make it all wor without using aftermarket actuators and wiring the mitsu actuators work in a differrent way to most other actuators i'm not sure how or why they just do

Comment

• Schmango
                          • Apr 2009
                          • Nth Sydney

Or you can take it to strathfield and they will install a mongoose for around $180. Both of the lock barrels on my NL are buggered (from attempted break ins) and it was going to cost over $300 to get them fixed so I left them as is and added remote central locking... easier and cheaper.
                          "99 NL SWB 3500 5 SPD, BF Goodrich AT, CSA 16" Rims ,Bullbar ,Spotties, Alpine CD, GPS, Roof racks, Tow Bar -- Lots and Lots of fun!

Comment

• Blu Ballz
                            • Mar 2009

I am doing reseach before i start doing remote locking for the minister for war peace. Does anybody know for definately where the twenty pin harness is. I have a 97 nk paj and have found a connector harness under the sapce for the bottle jack. I have i found the connection point or do i need to keep looking under the dash
                            I have done so much for so long with so little and now i can do so much more for much longer with my massive sidchrome tool box.

Comment

• Mad Mac
                              Valued Member
                              • Nov 2007
                              • Australia

Originally posted by Blu Ballz View Post
                              I am doing reseach before i start doing remote locking for the minister for war peace. Does anybody know for definately where the twenty pin harness is. I have a 97 nk paj and have found a connector harness under the sapce for the bottle jack. I have i found the connection point or do i need to keep looking under the dash
                              I believe the bottle jack connector harness is what would plug into the diff lock ecu, definently not the remote central locking ecu

That ecu its just infront of the Rear Right speaker in the boot. I dont agree with the first post that you need to run both systems in parallel. You can remove the remote central locking unit completely if its there, however the interior light will not come on when any door is open. The main central locking relay is just above the right front 4inch speaker in the dash.

FYI the locks are negatively triggered.

Hope this helps
                              Shane

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X