• Show
Clear All
  • Jondalar
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2011
    • Brisbane

Torque Tags in the Auto?

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows whether the auto DiD has torque tags? Background is my previous 2 vehicles had the ZF 6 speed auto, V8 and G6E Turbo Falcons, known to have torque reduction tags in the auto program to prevent driveline breakages. When I drive the Pajero in 2H is seems to deliver less torque than it does in 4H, hence the question regarding the possibility of torque reductions in the auto transmission program. Sorry if I've used the wrong term for anything.

Cheers,
    Karl
    Pajero gone, driving something European and sexy now
  • geoff&vi
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2009
    • Brisbane

Karl,

I'm not aware of any torque reduction process and doubt it would be the case. Mine doesnt feel any different between 2H & 4H, apart from some minor torque steer through the steering wheel and i have a chipit and 3" exhaust, which should amplify the issue as it produces more power/torque.

Would be interesting to find out the technical facts though.

cheers
    Geoff
    GONE - 2010 VRX DiD Silver
    NOW - 2012 Prado Kakadu V6 Auto. Opposite Lock bar, Runva winch, Front locker, Bilstein shocks & 2" Dobbo Coils, Lightforce 240's, Scangauge, Dual Yellowtop batteries with Traxide controller, GME 3440 UHF, Featherlite Awning

Comment

• Pickle
      Administrator
      • Jun 2007
      • All over Oz

I have driven both NT and NW in 2wd and 4wd. Havent noticed a reduction in power in either.
      Dave
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Jondalar
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2011
        • Brisbane

Thanks for the replies, it's just a feeling contributed to by the fact that the exhaust note gets deeper and louder in 4H. I thought too because the sunvisor says to tow in 4H there may be some link there.

Cheers,
        Karl
        Pajero gone, driving something European and sexy now

Comment

• wrxant
          • Nov 2009

Jondalar the "tow in 4H" relates to the differentials.

Tow 1.5t + in 2WD and next time you drop your diff oil you find it quite fury...

Its to spread the low when towing across the front and rear diffs. The Pajero rear differential isn't tough enough to do the job on its own

Cheers
          Antony

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X