• Show
Clear All
  • amr75wcr
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2009
    • Sunny Coast

Just a couple more
    Attached Files
    04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj

Comment

• Loza
      • Apr 2010
      • Brisbane

Hi amr75wcr,
      The night time pic's look good, thanks for taking the time to set it up, looks a great set up well done.
      Keep to the Left,
      CYA,
      Loza.
      Last edited by Loza; 04-06-10, 11:26 AM.
      02, NP, Paj,GLS, 3.2 DID,Auto,Nudge Bar,Narva Spotties,Rhino Roof rack with Alloy Tray,TJM Dual Battery,Firestone HP Air Bags, 2" Lift Lovells And Billys,E-Bay Snorkel,Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guards,Uniden UHF,Diff Breathers, Homemade Rear fridge and drawer system, Gunyah Awning,Reverse Camera, Bridgestone D694LT's,Tow 23' Retreat Caravan.

Comment

• Loza
        • Apr 2010
        • Brisbane

Hi Guys,
        Thanks for everyones IMO's to this thread.
        When I was at the show I ended up changing my decision from a Fox Wing to a new product on the market called a Supa-Wing made by a Queensland company, Supa-Peg at Yatala. I changed my decision purely on the fact of a couple of things, one that it's made from canvas and is dynaproofed so i hope it lasts longer,that is a local made product with a 2yr warranty, slightly different shape than the FW, not as neatly packed up as the FW but we'll see how it goes. Also I had to do a few mods to the brackets so it would fit my rhino roof rack with the alloy tray where as the FW would bolt straight on. So if you wish to see it look at Supa-Wing on the net and it has a couple of You Tube video's of it.
        (Also sorry about putting this thread in this forum it should have gone in the Accessories forum...oops. )
        CYA's
        Keep to left,
        Loza.
        Last edited by Loza; 11-07-10, 01:52 PM.
        02, NP, Paj,GLS, 3.2 DID,Auto,Nudge Bar,Narva Spotties,Rhino Roof rack with Alloy Tray,TJM Dual Battery,Firestone HP Air Bags, 2" Lift Lovells And Billys,E-Bay Snorkel,Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guards,Uniden UHF,Diff Breathers, Homemade Rear fridge and drawer system, Gunyah Awning,Reverse Camera, Bridgestone D694LT's,Tow 23' Retreat Caravan.

Comment

• sandgroper05
          • Apr 2009
          • Townsville

Originally posted by Loza View Post
          Hi Guys,
          Thanks for everyones IMO's to this thread.
          When I was at the show I ended up changing my decision from a Fox Wing to a new product on the market called a Supa-Wing made by a Queensland company, Supa-Peg at Yatala. I changed my decision purely on the fact of a couple of things, one that it's made from canvas and is dynaproofed so i hope it lasts longer,that is a local made product with a 2yr warranty, slightly different shape than the FW, not as neatly packed up as the FW but we'll see how it goes. Also I had to do a few mods to the brackets so it would fit my rhino roof rack with the alloy tray where as the FW would bolt straight on. So if you wish to see it look at Supa-Wing on the net and it has a couple of You Tube video's of it.
          (Also sorry about putting this thread in this forum it should have gone in the Accessories forum...oops. )
          CYA's
          Keep to left,
          Loza.
          Hey Loza , just checked out the video's and it looks impressive. How did it compare price wise to the fox wing? Which size did you get and you'll have to keep us posted on how it performs - it looks very robust!

Cheers
          Pajero 05 NP DiD, Lovell HD Springs and Bilstein Shocks, ARB Bull Bar, ARB air compressor, Scorpion ATRs, roof rack, CTEK Dual Bty System, Black Widow Draws, Fox Wing Awning, Bushskinz sliders and guards, Tigerz 12000lb winch, Dropslide and Uniden UHF.

Comment

• Loza
            • Apr 2010
            • Brisbane

Hi Sandgroper05,
            The size i got was a 2.5m, the price is up there at $1,100, but I think the quality is the difference between the the two. Hopefully it should last me a life time so we'll see how we go with that.
            CYA
            Keep to the left
            Loza.

Comment

• Canetoad
              • Dec 2010
              • SE QLD

Hi Loza,

Can you give any feed back on the Supa wing now that you've had it for a while. Quality, ease of use, wind factor?

Cheers

Comment

• green monster
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2008
                • Adelaide

Originally posted by Canetoad View Post
                Hi Loza,

Can you give any feed back on the Supa wing now that you've had it for a while. Quality, ease of use, wind factor?

Cheers
                ive got an ARB rear awning, and plan to fit a side one to match with a custom ' triangle shaped joiner', reckon it is pants load more versatile than the foxwing and much cheap in the end, I have seen the foxwing in action and if in windy conditions its definitly at least a 2 person job,
                Dont reckon they are worth the $$ in my op !
                cheers cam
                NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

• dooflimo
                  • Oct 2012
                  • Sydney

Bolting on the foxwing

I've got a RHS foxwing as the left side of the vehicle has a fold out, pole-less awning which the foxwing will wrap around to line up with. Both awnings will both be fitted to a roof cage from roofcage.com.

The foxwing mounting channels are 100mm apart, running the whole 2500mm length of the foxwing. The awning comes with four T-Bolts/Square head bolts that normally bolt into the roof bar plastic attachment mounts. The bolts are a b*tch to source, but creative googling found Battery Bolts to be the quickest and cheapest way of getting more which are a few cm longer. The foxwing T Bolts are M8 x 25mm long, with a 13mm square head, 5mm thick. Sourcing some which are longer lets me bolt it into plates etc and put in anti-theft locks.

I wanted to over-engineer the mounting so I've ordered 20 bolts (I need 12) and will quad bolt the foxwing in three places along its length to vertical plates on the roof cage. Here's the pic, viewed from the RHS of the vehicle looking at the roof cage:

Comment

• bizzyb
                    • Aug 2014
                    • Gisborne

Originally posted by amr75wcr View Post
                    Hi Loza we have had one for about 18 months. They are easy set up and the coverage is great (just be careful in windy conditions, i was setting ours up a couple of months bach at Double Island point and a slight gust of wind came just after i hooked the strap and the foxwing ended up about 5 meters in the air until the pivot points snapped. Fortunatly Rhino replaced the broken parts under warranty). we have added some LED strip lights from trusty ebay takes the awaning to a whole new level at night.
                    LED lights - bloody brilliant

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X