• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GHendo
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2012
    • Northern NSW

I don’t know where the thread is now, but I’m sure someone on here did their own version of mounting the intercooler over the motor – think it was just before Cross Country came out with theirs. Someone might know where it is or be able to find it.

Geoff
    03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• MatthewP
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2014
      • North of Brisbane

Originally posted by GHendo View Post
      I don’t know where the thread is now, but I’m sure someone on here did their own version of mounting the intercooler over the motor – think it was just before Cross Country came out with theirs. Someone might know where it is or be able to find it.

Geoff
      This looks like the thread.

Edit.
      After having a look at the pics of the cross country tmic again, I would question whether the extra oil filler cap needs to be added.

Sure it would be handy, but it wouldn't be to much trouble to loosen the intercooler mounts to get at the existing cap.

You only need enough room to get your hand in there and stick in the end of a funnel.
      Last edited by MatthewP; 14-08-15, 05:07 AM.
      05 NP Pajero Platinum 3.2DID Auto

Comment

• MatthewP
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2014
        • North of Brisbane

Hey Wazza,
        any update on how you are going with your intercooler upgrade?

The link below may help you, it is for a thread where someone put in a larger front mount.

Matt

Comment

• wazza1965
          • Mar 2011
          • Brisbane

Sorry Matt for the delay. Had a bit of a health issue and had a nut removed. I ended up using the HPD front mount kit. Just modified plumbing it to fit due to winch bar. Works well. Intake temps have dropped a huge amount. http://hpdiesel.com.au/images/mpmitsubishipajero.jpg
          NM2002 Exceed DID. Safari Snorkel, Garrett GTX2863R Turbo, HPD Intercooler, Synergy / Turbosmart controllers, Mandrel 3" Exhaust Pyro, Built auto, ECB Bar with 12,000lb Winch & Dyneema rope, Rotronic battery system, 2x 120Amp/h AGM AUX batteries, Lovell 2", Airbags, Rhino AT2012, Fiamma Awning. 4x IPF spots 120w HID inserts. Alpine NAV Bluetooth with Type R sound system, UHF Uniden UH8080NB, Couplertec. Rear draw system, 1500w inverter. ARB twin comp / tank, ARB Locker. Evakool. NASA BM-1.

Comment

• wazza1965
            • Mar 2011
            • Brisbane

Engine was getting blow by as boost was being ramped up. Will start a build thread tonight. Engine back out for a full on performance rebuild to take much more boost etc. Pics show engine out, ceramic coated 20 thou over pistons and new turbo against old. Complete new head due to old one having a warp. Three angle valve job new valves, upgraded springs etc.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by wazza1965; 27-09-15, 08:17 PM.
            NM2002 Exceed DID. Safari Snorkel, Garrett GTX2863R Turbo, HPD Intercooler, Synergy / Turbosmart controllers, Mandrel 3" Exhaust Pyro, Built auto, ECB Bar with 12,000lb Winch & Dyneema rope, Rotronic battery system, 2x 120Amp/h AGM AUX batteries, Lovell 2", Airbags, Rhino AT2012, Fiamma Awning. 4x IPF spots 120w HID inserts. Alpine NAV Bluetooth with Type R sound system, UHF Uniden UH8080NB, Couplertec. Rear draw system, 1500w inverter. ARB twin comp / tank, ARB Locker. Evakool. NASA BM-1.

Comment

• wazza1965
              • Mar 2011
              • Brisbane

New turbo clocked. Big shout out to Les from Fat Pipes for the custom work fitting the new turbo to the old manifold.
              Attached Files

Comment

• seadie
                • Jun 2012
                • darwin

Hey wazza like what you are doing here. Where did you get the ceramic pistons from? I have spare 4m41 atm due to what i suspect is a melted piston i'm hoping i can rebuild it eventually and would like a set of these for it.
                MY05 NP DID GLS,Custom Front&Rear Bars,Custom Side Steps,EWX Runva Winch,2"lift (Bilsteins&Lovells), Rear Polys,Chip-It Chip with EGT Gauge,Beaudesert Exhaust System, 285/75R16 BFG KM2's,Allied Rims, Custom False Floor & MSA Drop Slide, 80Lt Engel, Safari Snorkel,Rally 4000 HID's,Baja Designs 20" LED Light Bar,Bushskinz Intercooler,Sump&Tranny Plates,4.3 Ratio Diffs,Diff,Tranny&Transfer Breather Kit, Dual Battery System in seat well,ARB Compressor,Cross country TMIC,NM 4M41

Comment

• wazza1965
                  • Mar 2011
                  • Brisbane

Just started another tread so I stop high jacking this thread. Will be posting full details over the next week. Will post piston supplier details once I get to work in the morning but they came from down south. Only issue we've had is the only size available is 20thou over and only two sets in Australia. We now have both due to the first set only coming 18thou over and being rejected by the machine shop. Original bore was slightly oval and needs to go to 20thou over.

Comment

• MatthewP
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2014
                    • North of Brisbane

Sorry to hear about your health issues Wazza.
                    Glad to hear you're ok.

I will wait for your build thread and ask more questions there

Matt.

Comment

• wazza1965
                      • Mar 2011
                      • Brisbane

Originally posted by MatthewP View Post
                      Sorry to hear about your health issues Wazza.
                      Glad to hear you're ok.

I will wait for your build thread and ask more questions there

Matt.
                      Hi Matt
                      Thanks mate. I have started the new thread called Pajero 3.2lt rebuild

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X