Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public ForumPajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Do It Yourself Projects

Do It Yourself Projects Anything that you have made up yourself. Rear storage systems etc

Old 02-02-14

Default Steel Rear Bar Dual Tyre Carrier

I used 125x75 RHS with 45mm angle iron to form mounting brackets onto the tow bar mounts and to bolt to the original mounting points. I used stub axles for the swing away tyre carrier mounts.

I used amr75wcr's (Wayne) build thread for inspiration and ideas.

I have never welded before this project, although I have done some metal work in the past. (Had help with the welding from my father.) Total cost so far is about $600 and 3 full weekends of my time.

I used the heat to my advantage today. I started painting at 7 am this morning at 25 degrees. by 8:30 I had finished just in time before the heat set in. A couple of hours in 40 degree weather and the paint was dry. Ready for me to fit taillights, checker-plate and mount to the Paj. Finished up by 4pm.

I'm planing to use the plastic parts of the old bumper as best as possible to make it look full and original. Will see how that works out. Still to come are the swing away arms, but that can be for another weekend. Still have to fit reversing lights also.

ARB Bullbar, GME UHF, Narva 225s, 2" Lift (lovells) HD Front EHD Rear, Snorkel, Waeco CF50, ARB Awning, Rhino Racks, Pajero Club Stickers, Rear Aux Battery (Excide Stowaway ST27DC105), Maxtrax, Homemade roof basket, LED camp lights, Red Arc Low Coolant Alarm, Drop down table, Fishing Rod Holder, Rooftop Water Storage, Tigerz 11 winch, Bushskinz Bashplates, Rear Storage, Dual Tyre Carrier
Old 02-02-14
Valued Member

Nice looking job you've done there.
Cheers,
Andrew.

2003 NP DID Manual - rear cargo barrier, dual battery system, drop down table on back door, GME UHF, winch bar and Warn 9000lb winch, 2" lift - Lovells HD springs and Bilstein shocks, Bushskinz intercooler guard, custom sump bash plate, transmission guard and 35w HID driving lights, home build sidesteps, 265/75/16 Summit Mudhog play tyres, rear work light, 120w lightbar - yet to do, rear drawer system.
Old 02-02-14

Looks great, nice job. have you got any side on shots?

Are you taking orders.
2002 NM, v6 manual on injected gas. Uniden uhf, Bluetooth stereo, pirelli scorpion ATR, custom 2.5mtr x 4mtr awning with LEDS and end walls. tailgate shelf. LED interior lighting. +100 globes. 50 litre Waeco ( needs a new thermo resistor??) Nexus7 tablet. Custom rear spare wheel shovel holder. Billies and Lovell's SD front heavy duty rear.
Towing a Haines Signature 492rf or a Yamaha Banshee quad.
Some piccies. http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/album.php?u=27274
Old 03-02-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub888 View Post
Looks great, nice job. have you got any side on shots?

Are you taking orders.
Nah not taking orders lol, alot of work!

ill post up a side shot later on
ARB Bullbar, GME UHF, Narva 225s, 2" Lift (lovells) HD Front EHD Rear, Snorkel, Waeco CF50, ARB Awning, Rhino Racks, Pajero Club Stickers, Rear Aux Battery (Excide Stowaway ST27DC105), Maxtrax, Homemade roof basket, LED camp lights, Red Arc Low Coolant Alarm, Drop down table, Fishing Rod Holder, Rooftop Water Storage, Tigerz 11 winch, Bushskinz Bashplates, Rear Storage, Dual Tyre Carrier
Old 03-02-14
Valued Member

Looks good, but those mounts will need beefing up, especially when you hang the arms off it.
Steele Perkins (#1263)
NP Pajero with added goodness..
Old 24-02-14
Valued Member

Send a message via Skype™ to amr75wcr

Quote:
Originally Posted by floater05 View Post
Nah not taking orders lol, alot of work!

ill post up a side shot later on
Ah men to that
Wayne
04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj
Old 02-03-14

Default Update

Old 02-03-14
Valued Member

Very nice, i may have to steal some of your ideas

Just a suggestion though, you should move the wheels more into the center of the car so they don't hang out the sides so far. Well maybe it's just the angle of the photo, but that's how it looks.

Also you might need some diagonal supports on the uprights that hold the spares. What are your plans to fill in the sides?
Steele Perkins (#1263)
NP Pajero with added goodness..
Old 02-03-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1s3ry View Post
Very nice, i may have to steal some of your ideas

Just a suggestion though, you should move the wheels more into the center of the car so they don't hang out the sides so far. Well maybe it's just the angle of the photo, but that's how it looks.

Also you might need some diagonal supports on the uprights that hold the spares. What are your plans to fill in the sides?
Yeah the angle of the photo makes them look further out than they are.

heres some better shots

The plan for the sides is to use the original corner pieces slicing them inline with the start of the tail light, and then bending some sheet metal to fill in the gap.
Old 02-03-14

Nice job! I'm taking an interest in this thread, as I almost ripped my rear bumper (mud scoop) off this weekend!

Just one little thing I noticed was the how you are retaining the wheel carriers. It's hard to tell, but do you think they may rattle with those latches? You may find using over centre latches will work better. Just a thought.
Pajero NS 2008 25th Anniversary edition Auto 3.8L Petrol. Maxxis Bighorn MT-764 275/65 18, Safari snorkel, ARB breather kit, Ironman bashplates, poly airbags, a small piece of gaffa tape covering the hole in the side of my seat!