Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Mitsubishi Tow Pack wiring - Important (Well maybe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • explorer2203
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2009
    • Penrith NSW

Mitsubishi Tow Pack wiring - Important (Well maybe)

I have a caravan with reversing lights. They didnt work with the Pajero but worked fine with the Explorer wiht factory tow pack. Discovered on the weekend that the lights are fine, the male plug is fine, the female plug is fine with the reverse light wires all nicely attached, but no power going to it in reverse.

Is this because it is not part of the harness setup or have Mitsu not wired it correctly?

I will place a call to Mitsu today where it was fitted and ask the question (Assuming our resident Mitsu man Marty doesnt beat me to it )

Will post results...
    Remember...he who expects nothing shall not be dissapointed.

2010 NT DID GLS. Dobinson Front / Lovells Rear Springs - 50mm. Dobinson front shocks and Tuff Dogs at rear. Polyairs. ARB Bar. HID 9" spots x 3. 4460 GME. RF10 Tyres. Chip It Tune chip. scanguage II. Dual Batteries. Roof basket. ICOM UHF and GME UHF
  • Overland
    • Jun 2010
    • Sunbury Victoria

I've just been modifying my plug today. It was wired by Mitsubishi. I checked it on the Van to see if the Accessories pin (Black) had been wire to 12v to run the vans internal lights but nothing worked.

I wired up my brake controller and and ran the blue wire directly to the plug as I did not trust the thin wires in the loom. Along with this I ran a good size Positive and Earth cable to the plug so I can run the caravan lights and fridge.

When I had the plug open there were a few strange things going on. There was a larger White cable and red cable taped up and not used. I would like to get my hands on the wiring instruction to see exactly how it is wired. I think there is some sort of control box to isolate the trailer wires from the car.

As the black wire for your reverse is an accessories pin they may not hook it up as they don't know what you are going to use it for.

Let us know how you get on.
    Cheers, David.

2010 Pajero Activ Auto DiD.Ironbark, ECB Polished Big Tube Bar, IPF HID Driving Lights, HID High Beam Conversion, Dual Batteries, Midnight Express Tinting, Thule Roof Racks, Cargo Barrier, UHF, Brake Controller, Factory Towbar.

Comment

• DocNJ
      • Aug 2010
      • Hobart,Tas.

Not many factory fitted(or aftermarket)trailer wiring kits will have reverse light power or 12v aux. power. Best to get them custom wired to suit your application by an auto electrician.

Comment

• Rendrag
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2010
        • Central Coast, NSW

Pin 2 should be reverse - there is no accessories line in a 7-pin socket?

Ref: http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roa...b_01_b.aspx#14

Cheers,

DG
        VK2TDG/VK2DGJ
        Dip.EE, Dip.IT, GradIEAust, Master Cabler
        '94 3.0L Pajero GLS
        '84 BMW K100RT Starship

Comment

• Overland
          • Jun 2010
          • Sunbury Victoria

Originally posted by Rendrag View Post
          Pin 2 should be reverse - there is no accessories line in a 7-pin socket?

Ref: http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roa...b_01_b.aspx#14

Cheers,

DG
          It depends on what document you read, pin 2 is sometimes listed as acc and more recently Reverse or both. In years gone by it was just Acc to you for what you like. Even the brakes wire on some diagrams is just listed as Acc.
          Cheers, David.

2010 Pajero Activ Auto DiD.Ironbark, ECB Polished Big Tube Bar, IPF HID Driving Lights, HID High Beam Conversion, Dual Batteries, Midnight Express Tinting, Thule Roof Racks, Cargo Barrier, UHF, Brake Controller, Factory Towbar.

Comment

• Rendrag
            Valued Member
            • Feb 2010
            • Central Coast, NSW

Originally posted by Overland View Post
            It depends on what document you read, pin 2 is sometimes listed as acc and more recently Reverse or both. In years gone by it was just Acc to you for what you like. Even the brakes wire on some diagrams is just listed as Acc.
            Well, VSB1 is *the* document to read.. - All trailers built since 1999(?) must comply with it, unless you want to go the hard yards and comply with every ADR which applies to the trailer instead.. Well technically it's all trailers *newly registered* after then.. One of the guys in the BMW touring club got stuck when his 20-year old 6x4 ran out of rego, and he forgot to renew it within the 3 month grace period.. He had to do it as a new rego - and had to go through new-vehicle inspection, have a chassis plate filled in and fitted, etc..

And yeah, I remember the 'spare' being where the reverse (and brakes for that matter) line is now.. - But they have the 7-pin's extended out to 12-pin now, to allow for all the extra things one might like (aux power, charging, and a 'spare' pin). I guess it means you can just shove a trailer on without worrying whether it's using the 'spare' for something you might not be expecting..

Cheers,

DG
            VK2TDG/VK2DGJ
            Dip.EE, Dip.IT, GradIEAust, Master Cabler
            '94 3.0L Pajero GLS
            '84 BMW K100RT Starship

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X