• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brian B
    • Sep 2009
    • Bassendean

Chip it for my NS

After putting in a larger exhaust on our Paj, we recently went visited Justin at Chipit and installed a new Chip. In the past I had a Dpchip on the Navara, so I was aware of what they are capable (power & torque). After fitting the chip, we went for a drive while Justin tuned the chip via his laptop.

Well, the power is so awesome its unbelievable. I went to both the Dowerin Field Day and Caravan Show at Kalgoorlie towing the Jayco Flamingo. It powered thru the hills so easy and we also had improved fuel consumption.

Now we are back we have been driving it around the city and still goes well.

We are so rapt at the Chip, cant wait to take the Paj on the soft beaches on the West Coast in the coming weeks to test the torque.

Justin certainly knows his stuff and explains it so well. A couple of things that really convinced was, a. if there are perceived problems, simply take the fuse out and the car runs ignoring the chip (peace of mind in the middle of nowhere). Justin was also invited to Melbourne to install the Chips on some brand new Audi's in the showroom. It means the dealer must be confident in the ability of the chip and the new vehicle warranty.

Thanks guys, love the power.
    2008 NS Pajero 25th Anniversary model - 3.2 DiD Auto, National Luna Dual Battery System, 2.5 " Exhaust, Chipit Chip, Chipit DPF replacement Pipe,TJM Compressor (inside spare wheel), GME TX 3440 UHF, Custom Storage Solution, 55 litre Boab Water Tank (with pro-pump & tap), Rhino Sportz Bars, Eezi Awn Rooftop tent, Foxwing awning,Tyreguard tyre monitor
  • Wrex
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2007
    • Perth

Good one Brian I have one on mine and they sure do go.

Going into Chip-it tomorrow to tune in the EGR blanking plate.

I tried to send you a PM regarding your Larger exhaust but your PM's are disabled. I would like to have a chat or find out more about the exhaust.

Comment

• Vicks
      • Jul 2010
      • Abu Dhabi, UAE

good choice on the Chip-It. i am loving mine.....
      '08 Pajero DID GLS LWB - Sold
      '07 KTM Adv990S

my ride reports:
      2-up to Jordan & Syria on a KTM 990
      Off-roading in the UAE
      2 up to UAE on a KTM990
      wanna see south India? a South Indian honeymoon ride
      13,000kms to Turkey in our NS - coming soon

Comment

• Angry
        Valued Member
        • May 2009
        • Riverina

I also want to hear about your exhaust, keep us in the loop.

Still waiting ion Chip it for DPF Delete pipe , waiting waiting....
        Angry.

My Photo site.
        AAA-Photography.smugmug.com

07 NS VRX, DID Auto, Nudge Bar, 130W 215 Nitghtstalkers, 50w HID H/Beams, Kenwood Touchscreen Natsav/DVD/CD/Rev camera, Rear Alpine DVD Player, Recaro Orthopedic drivers seat, DIY Spare Wheel Lift.

Comment

• Jeff_P
          • Sep 2007
          • Eyre Peninsula

So, can you guys give some idea now of any change in your fuel consumption post chip?
          Jeff
          Lightforce Blitz 170s

Adventure Grand Tourer offroad Campertrailer

Comment

• Brian B
            • Sep 2009
            • Bassendean

I had my exhaust put on by Midas in Morley, simple 2.5" system, that went after the turbo and after the DPF setup, I think.
            2008 NS Pajero 25th Anniversary model - 3.2 DiD Auto, National Luna Dual Battery System, 2.5 " Exhaust, Chipit Chip, Chipit DPF replacement Pipe,TJM Compressor (inside spare wheel), GME TX 3440 UHF, Custom Storage Solution, 55 litre Boab Water Tank (with pro-pump & tap), Rhino Sportz Bars, Eezi Awn Rooftop tent, Foxwing awning,Tyreguard tyre monitor

Comment

• husky510
              • Dec 2007
              • Horsham Vic

Very interested in the chipit guy's but do you have to have it tuned once installed and will it give DPF issues as the spider unit has if the EGR blanking plate is not installed. Any info on the EGR and how it is installed and what it does would help. Tim
              NS VRX LWB DID Auto - ARB Steel bar Millenium Grey, Lovell/Bilstien 2" lift,Bushskinz under body set,Bushskinz Rock Sliders Millenium Grey,Cooper Zeon LTZ A/T 18",Tinting,50 amp Anderson plug,Hayman reece load level tow hitch,Prodigy brake controler,50lt Waeco,Magelan XL GPS,Galaxy 16'7" Off road van
              NEXT -IPF driving lights,

Comment

• husky510
                • Dec 2007
                • Horsham Vic

I found all the info in Wrex's older post thanks for the informed info and somthing I have to have too just need to convince the minister of finance we need it.
                NS VRX LWB DID Auto - ARB Steel bar Millenium Grey, Lovell/Bilstien 2" lift,Bushskinz under body set,Bushskinz Rock Sliders Millenium Grey,Cooper Zeon LTZ A/T 18",Tinting,50 amp Anderson plug,Hayman reece load level tow hitch,Prodigy brake controler,50lt Waeco,Magelan XL GPS,Galaxy 16'7" Off road van
                NEXT -IPF driving lights,

Comment

• Chip Tuning
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2010
                  • Sydney

Thanks for the good feedback guys

We have these specific points in our favour:

1) More features,
                  2) Better tunes … (not only do we address the Fuel MAP, but we also address Turbo Boost Curve),
                  3) Aussie made,
                  4) Tuned for Aussie cars with Aussie fuels,
                  5) Tuned by us ONLY ... no overseas tunes or non Aussie speaking 3rd party involved at all,
                  6) Much better prices,
                  7) More sophisticated board design, AND probably the biggest point ...
                  8) CUSTOM TUNING CAPABILITY ... WHICH AGAIN, OTHER MANUFACTURERS DO NOT HAVE.

Let me expand on point 8. When you need a custom tune with all the other Chips, you need to send the Module back to them for re-calibrating. This then is NOT a true custom tune to suit your vehicle as changes are NOT made in real-time. This is NOT so with the Chip It Module. Real-time tuning capabilities are given to every Chip It Custom Tune Dealer and adjustments to tunes are provided via email daily. Chip It “Macro” Tuning Software, provided FREE with every Chip purchase, allows YOU to download tunes to the Module within seconds.

If that is not enough, we also have the capability to run EGT Monitors, which, when coupled to the Chip It Performance Modules, monitor EGT's and re-program the Chip It Module to run factory standard tunes IF the EGT's climb too high. Again, this is unique to Chip it.
                  Robert
                  Chip Tuning

Diesel Performance Solutions

Contact [email protected] for 10% forum discount
                  (NB: Forum discount applies to Performance Modules only)

Office 02 8090 1881

Comment

• matthewfnorbert
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2007

weren't the "tunit" chips programmable via laptop on the dyno or on the road?
                    SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

• Chip Tuning
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2010
                      • Sydney

I'm talking individual load points ... not mass across the board changes by certain percent.

This would be like a digital version of a dial on the front of the unit.

We provide individual load point variable, incrimental + and - fuel manipulation and EGT controlled mapping. These tunes are then end user loadable via there own software.

I could be wrong, but last time we did a market survey, dealers of other brands told us they didn't have this capability. So, I dont know any one else doing this.
                      Robert
                      Chip Tuning

Office 02 8090 1881

Comment

• matthewfnorbert
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2007

when berrima diesel sold tunit they said they could modify fuel at different points throughout the rev range via laptop, ie towing - allow down low power but leave higher up for cruising/economy.. dont know about their new chips though
                        SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

• Chip Tuning
                          Valued Member
                          • Apr 2010
                          • Sydney

I see what you are saying. What I mean is this ability to change tunes for customers is then able to be emailed to the client
                          Robert
                          Chip Tuning

Office 02 8090 1881

Comment

• dstevenson
                            • Jan 2012
                            • Adelaide

install adelaide

is there any diesel mechanic in Adelaide with knowledge of the chip it that could do the install and tune?

(ns paj)

cheers

Comment

• Chip Tuning
                              Valued Member
                              • Apr 2010
                              • Sydney

Sprint Parts are resellers. Do you have a Sprint Parts close to you?
                              Robert
                              Chip Tuning

Office 02 8090 1881

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X