• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shane84
    • Dec 2011
    • Central Coast, NSW

05 NP - air cond dials relocation/ double din entertainment install

has anyone relocated the air conditioning controls to where the cd stacker is and installed a double din unit? if so are there any links to threads/pics etc?
    2005 NP Platinum Pajero, 3.8L petrol, 5sp auto - Electronic Rust Protection
  • hinsch
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2010
    • Perth

Shane

I have done it it is not hard,there is a thread in the forum somewhere just have to find it.
    Basically you removed the centre console, a couple of screw to the side and under cup holders
    remove the console around the radio, two screws under the top of the console and then gentle unclip it
    four screw on the radio and a/c panel
    swap positions the hardest part it making sure the knobs are fully operational after the swap you need to position the cables in a few different positions, when you find the right spot panduit them to the frame so they don,t move
    then put the consoles back in
    Takes about 2hrs
    NX 2016 GLS, Graphite, Nudge Bar, Pirelli Scorpion Plus.

Comment

• DiDExceed
      • Jul 2011
      • Kuluin, QLD, Australia

If you have climate control its 100 times easier because there are no cables, just a wiring hanes and a tube which reah the bottom location easy

2003 Silver NP DiD Exceed Auto, MMA alloy bullbar, GME TX3440 UHF, 2DIN GPS unit w/ Reverse Camera, DBS w/ RedArc SmartStart w/ overide, 82AH AGM & HD 20A Sockets in rear for WAECO 60LTR, ARB on board Air Compressor, RedArc Remote Head Brake controller, 2" HD/F, SD/R Lovells & OzTech shocks with Firestone Coil-Rites, 265/70R16 Pirelli Scorpion AT's, ProRack Crossbars & Awning

2012 Black ASV50 Toyota Camry Atara SL

2006 Jayco Destiny 16.51-1

Comment

• Gooseman
        • Aug 2010
        • Canberra

I successfully installed a double-DIN DVD/CD unit after relocating the Climate Control module. Herewith a pic of the relocated module prior to installation of the DVD/CD unit.

I strongly recommend you search this forum for the thread on this subject. The wood finish facia panel is secured under the dash by 2 screws. These need to be removed and the facia carefully eased out with the aid of a flat tool like a paint scraper.

I don't recall there were any real problems with relocating the module. There is a thick flexible hose on the back of the module which is a little short for the new position. Once you have screwed the module in place, just be sure to check the hose is pushed on properly.

Here are some pics of my effort (for inspiration!).

Good luck!
        Attached Files
        Gooseman

Comment

• ref
          • Jun 2007
          • Melbourne Vic

Check this post out.

HERE

Cheers

Mike
          2000 NM Exceed 3.5 ltr, ARB Winch bar and Motzone 9,500 lb winch, 65 ltr Brown Davis aux tank, OME springs & shocks, Cooper 265/75R16 STMaxx, Safari Snorkel, Uniden UH7760NB, Double Din 7" Radio/GPS/TV, 105Ah Auxillary battery, Redarc SBI12 isolator, Night Stalker 100W Roo Lites.

2005 NP Exceed 3.2 DiD, Alloy Bullbar, 70 ltr Brown Davis aux tank, Piranha dual battery, King Springs, Cooper 265/70 R17 ATRs, GME TX3440 UHF, Steinbauer chip, Prodigy brake controller, Double Din Radio/GPS/TV.

Comment

• pauld
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2010
            • Melbourne

Originally posted by hinsch View Post
            Shane

I have done it it is not hard,there is a thread in the forum somewhere just have to find it.
            Basically you removed the centre console, a couple of screw to the side and under cup holders
            remove the console around the radio, two screws under the top of the console and then gentle unclip it
            four screw on the radio and a/c panel
            swap positions the hardest part it making sure the knobs are fully operational after the swap you need to position the cables in a few different positions, when you find the right spot panduit them to the frame so they don,t move
            then put the consoles back in
            Takes about 2hrs
            I am trying to move the A/C controls & 'cables' right now. The left hand one (the vent control) even when in the best position is slightly too short but just usable - but there is a lot of strain on the outer cable & unit. The right hand one (heat control) needs to run straight through a substantial piece of steel, considered dirlling a hole (difficult) but one of the vent sits directly behind it... I tried other positions for the cable with cable ties and other ides but way oo much strain and in the best position I could get then the heat control wouldn't move all the way to cold and wanted to turn back from hot.

So either my car is different and the cables are too short or I am missing something.....

Am hoping someone might be able to assist... I am close to giving up.
            2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

• pauld
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2010
              • Melbourne

HERE

Found this, have done all the things suggested but I think my outer cables are either shorter or positioned differently further back in the dash.

Will notch the sub frame out in the morning with a power file so that I can seat the heater cable properly in it's original position with the clip.

Have new single DIN stereo with iPod & Aux inputs. Plan to mount the stereo where the A/C controls were & then use the empty hole (where main stereo was) to secure a mount for an iPad or Tablet that will sit from there up, in front of the clock & pocket.
              2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

• ken47
                • Mar 2012
                • Yarrawonga Northern Victoria

Is there any hassles just removing the 6 stacker so i can fit a UHF in there ?
                05 NP Platinum 3.2 DID Mods yet to come
                Other ride 07 BF Ghia
                http://www.travelvictoria.com.au/yarrawonga/photos/
                http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa10/pathy06/#

Comment

• pauld
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2010
                  • Melbourne

Yep, no problem doing that.

Comment

• nptommy
                    • Feb 2012
                    • wollongong

Originally posted by ken47 View Post
                    Is there any hassles just removing the 6 stacker so i can fit a UHF in there ?

glad u asked that as i want to do the same.

gonna replace the orginal head unit with a bluetooth/usb port. beats having a 6 stacker personally and allows room for the UHF

Comment

• psproule
                      Valued Member
                      • Jun 2007
                      • Googong, NSW

Originally posted by pauld View Post
                      I am trying to move the A/C controls & 'cables' right now. The left hand one (the vent control) even when in the best position is slightly too short but just usable - but there is a lot of strain on the outer cable & unit. The right hand one (heat control) needs to run straight through a substantial piece of steel, considered dirlling a hole (difficult) but one of the vent sits directly behind it... I tried other positions for the cable with cable ties and other ides but way oo much strain and in the best position I could get then the heat control wouldn't move all the way to cold and wanted to turn back from hot.

So either my car is different and the cables are too short or I am missing something.....

Am hoping someone might be able to assist... I am close to giving up.

I've just done it to mine (non CC). I drilled a hole through the steel mount for the cable, but I also had to adjust the dials by moving the connecting arms a few teeth around otherwise the heater stayed on and you couldn't select the defrost vents. It's extremely tight but can be done.

Pat
                      2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
                      2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• gue555
                        • Jan 2013
                        • Hobart

how come none of the links on this forum work ?

Comment

• pauld
                          Valued Member
                          • Apr 2010
                          • Melbourne

The website had some changes a while back, that might be why... someone might be able to tell you how to edit the path to get it to work.

Comment

• Gus
                            Administrator
                            • Mar 2008
                            • Traralgon. Vic

Originally posted by gue555 View Post
                            how come none of the links on this forum work ?

Just had a look repaired links
                            VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
                            NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Danny4567
                              • Sep 2019
                              • perth

I followed these instructions was fairly easy took about an hour and half kept looking back to the pics made it very easy having them for reference

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X