• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vicks
    • Jul 2010
    • Abu Dhabi, UAE

Originally posted by JoshF View Post
    I still think using 4H is the answer to any issue regarding breaking traction and traction control issues. I haven't seen any real impact to running costs to say you can't do this all the time.
    I agree with running the Paj in 4H al the time. There is no noticeable difference in fuel consumption.

2H = 650-700kms on average (highway+city 50/50)on a tankfull. (800kms if i drive like a sissy with 100% highway).
    4H = 600-650kms on average (highway+city 50/50)on a tankfull

i have left the paj in 4H since the last 5,000kms so i can state the above fuel consumption figures confidently. Also i am running an MBC with custom tune2 from chip-it.
    '08 Pajero DID GLS LWB - Sold
    '07 KTM Adv990S

my ride reports:
    2-up to Jordan & Syria on a KTM 990
    Off-roading in the UAE
    2 up to UAE on a KTM990
    wanna see south India? a South Indian honeymoon ride
    13,000kms to Turkey in our NS - coming soon

Comment

• VR4hore
      • Jul 2010
      • Sydney

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
      A flick of the asc switch will "sharpen" throttle response for free and save you the tears (up to 80Km/h anyway)
      as stated in the 2nd post of the thread.

Shane.
      Well, as expected this had no effect whatsoever on throttle response, so my question stands.

Comment

• HSV Rangie
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2010
        • Hastings

Mines 4H all the time.

handles much better.

put foot down and it goes.

Michael.
        2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.

Comment

• Goodsy
          Who ya gunna call....
          • Dec 2010
          • Hervey Bay

Originally posted by VR4hore View Post
          Well, as expected this had no effect whatsoever on throttle response, so my question stands.
          Which one?
          .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
          NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• JoshF
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2008
            • Brisbane

Originally posted by VR4hore View Post
            No traction control is not dangerous you just need to drive based on the configuration of the vehicle against what you expect it to do.
            NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
            Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• Silver Streak
              Valued Member
              • May 2010
              • Adelaide. South Aust.

All I know for the last week or so, since I've been reading this post, I've tried as hard as I can, at times, to get any of the symptoms mentioned above? Especially the power drop off, while the wheels are spinning?? I get none of the above problems. Maybe my ATC/ ASC are cactus?? Because they don't seem to come in when I'm spinning in the dirt either, to my annoyance.
              Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
              Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

• Stroker
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2007
                • Glenorie NSW

Hi Tony

When you are spinning your rear wheels you need to have the front wheels turned to get the power loss. Like how the OP described in his scenario.

Cheers Glenn
                NP Exceed 2005 3.2 diesel automatic , 100% stock standard except for the headlight globes

Comment

• apsilon
                  Valued Member
                  • Feb 2008
                  • Hills District NSW

Originally posted by Stroker View Post
                  When you are spinning your rear wheels you need to have the front wheels turned to get the power loss. Like how the OP described in his scenario.
                  No, you don't though it is easier to reproduce under those conditions. I've had it a few times pulling away at the lights in the wet where I was first in the queue.
                  MY09 NT Pajero X shortie diesel
                  Mods - No longer fit in my sig so see here

Comment

• Angry
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2009
                    • Riverina

Ive had mine do it a number of times now in the wet when tryin too hard to hustle it especailly form a standing start when turning, seems to unload the insdie wheel then bang ASC kicks in & its like turning the ignition off.

When its fairly wet now I run in 4H but only run 2H everywhere else.
                    Angry.

My Photo site.
                    AAA-Photography.smugmug.com

07 NS VRX, DID Auto, Nudge Bar, 130W 215 Nitghtstalkers, 50w HID H/Beams, Kenwood Touchscreen Natsav/DVD/CD/Rev camera, Rear Alpine DVD Player, Recaro Orthopedic drivers seat, DIY Spare Wheel Lift.

Comment

• VR4hore
                      • Jul 2010
                      • Sydney

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
                      Which one?
                      If anyone has used the throttle signal modifiers.

Comment

• kookaburra
                        • Oct 2009
                        • Port Pirie, S.A.

Hi All

I generated a poll about this issue early last year, as a result of nearly getting T Boned on Highway 1: http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=8868.

Since then I've run totally in 4H. There has been a slight increase in fuel consumption (.2l/100km on a highway run), which is negligble, but I'm sure my tyre wear has gone through the roof. If I get 50k out of this set of D694's I'll be doing well.

Re simulating the situation - in 2H line up to enter a bitumen road from a loose gravel driveway, give the car a bit of coal to generate just a bit of wheel slip, turning either left or right onto the bitumen. Just make sure there are no vehicles coming because your are going to be caught limping onto the road!

Cheers
                        Kim
                        Last edited by kookaburra; 15-04-11, 12:24 AM.
                        NS GLX DID Auto. Bridgestone D694 A/T's, BushSkinz Bash Plates, Spider Performance Unit, ChipIT Race Pipe, Dual Batteries / OL Police Spec Tray / Projecta 150 Amp controller, Mits Steel Bull bar, Mits (Milford) Cargo Barrier, Rhino-Rack Pioneer Platform/Rails, Mits Towing Pack / Tekonsha Prodigy Brake controller, GME TX3340 UHF, Driving Lights, Long Range tank, Spare Wheel Lift kit, Polyair Springs, ORS Drawer Set and Fridge Slide, Kipoint Internal TPMS, NT manifold

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X