X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Walker
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2007

Mmmm. I dd not get a towbar owners manual with the car???

But as you have said, a standard caravan would only be drawing a total of maybe 35w on the tail lights wire and it is rated for 65w so I LED's etc should not be necessary.

That wiring diagram did not show the extra 2 smaller wires which are terminated in the trailer socket.
    thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
    1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

• phoenie77
      • Jan 2008
      • Craigie, WA

Fancy that, a Manual for the Towbar - one would think that there should be no need for one but apparently not. Guess i will have to ask the dealer for one next visit.

It seems hit and miss as to who gets what - some get the adaptor some don't , others get a manual, the rest don't.
      Phoenie
      2009 NT Exceed Auto DID, Dual Batts, UHF, eXplorist XL GPS, ARB Steel Bar + ARB Fogs, HID X-Ray Vision 200's, Geolander AT-S's, Black Widow Rear Awning, Brake Controller, Evakool ED50, Aussie Swag camper

Comment

• matthewfnorbert
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007

no adapter and no manual here either
        SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

• Pathy
          • Aug 2007
          • Wondai QLD

check this site out for your wiring http://www.narva.com.au/Trailer_12.html might explain
          Marc
          1st month 2004 GLS Pajero 3.2 diesel, auto, ecb bullbar, compact ralley 4000's, towbar,Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Pirelli ATR's,Homemade Bash Plates, Homemade Diff breathers.

Comment

• Walker
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2007

Thanks Marc, that is exactly what the set-up was on mine. So the 2 extra connections are definately for the reverse sensors.

I am guessing that those people who still have their reverse sensors beep when a trailer is hooked up only have the standard plug, not the correct one.
            thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
            1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X