• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Landfish
    • Sep 2009
    • Perth WA

New Manifold & MAP Sensor

Hey,

Just looking for some advice from people who have had the manifold on their NS Pajero replaced under warranty. Has anyone had the MAP sensor replaced under warranty at the same time or shorty after?
    I have just had my manifold replaced as a 'good will' warranty last week (car is out of warranty by a month) and it is still playing up. So they have told me the MAP sensor requires replacement, but it won?t be covered under warranty. I have asked them to talk to MMA about getting it through warranty as I feel if the manifold problem has damaged the sensor then it should be replaced as part of the same claim. Apparently MMA originally rejected the claim for the sensor when the manifold was replaced because only a few require the MAP sensor replacing. MMA have not rejected the new claim yet, I am just trying to further understand what I am talking about.
    As im not very mechanically minded I am just looking for some advice...
    Firstly am I right in thinking the MAP sensor will be damaged by the dirty manifold?
    Has anyone had the MAP sensor covered by warranty outside the 5 year warranty?

Thanks for any help.
    2007 NS R DID SWB
  • scarecrow73
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2008
    • Sheidow Park SA

Had both the manifold and MAP sensor replaced at Easter. My car was 348km out of warranty but both replaced without cost. The MAP sensor at the time was choked up with soot from the manifold so both got done.

Stick to your guns and try for the new sensor. As the sensor is directly connected to the manifold (Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor) it may have been damaged due to its poor placement. I may be wrong but I think most manifolds that get changed have the sensor replaced as well.

Good luck with it.
    SOLD!!! 2007 NS GLX DiD - Alloy Bar, BFG ATR's, OL Police Spec battery tray, MM Cargo Barrier, Projecta Dual Battery Isolator, Airtech snorkel, Electronic Brake Controller, Ultragauge EM, Stebel Air Horn, overhead console with Uniden UHF, GoPro Hero 2

2011 Sar Major Off Road Camper Trailer
    2011 VW Golf 118 TSI (DSG grrrrrr )

Comment

• Filbee
      • Sep 2008
      • Jerrabomberra, NSW (just over the border to Canberra, ACT.) Suburb of Queanbeyan.

Map Sensor / Manifold

Landfish, what caused you to have the Manifold changed in the first place? Was it loss of acceleration at high speed......100kl/hr or faster? Because I have noticed that my NS has a minor hiccup at around 105kl/hr. Whilst I describe it as a minor hiccup, some might suggest that it is a slight loss of acceleration, but it happens so quickly (less than a second), that it doesn't interfere with the acceleration. If somebody out there can suggest what the problem is, I'd be much appreciated. Another NS Pajero owner said to me to take the car back to Mitsubishi and have them test the car, but most likely it would be the manifold, map sensor and another item that I can't recall right now. Thanks in advance.
      (Feb) Pearl White 08 NS VRX (25th Anniv) DiD; Coopper H/T Plus; MM Alloy Bar; tyre lifter kit; Bluetooth; IPF900 spots; ICOM IC440 UHF; ARB Air Compressor (CKMP12) Kit; Waeco 60lt; RV4 Oztent and Ozpod; Rhino roof rack/cross bars. Trek Tech single shelf & 35/65 split cargo barrier; TJM battery rack with 80amphr; DS40 fridge slide; Coilrite bags; Oztent/Rhino Foxwing awning; Honda 2kVA; ChipIt EGT kit and race pipe.
      Towing 2008 20ft Jayco Stirling O/B fitted with TyreDog TPMS.

Comment

• PAJ30
        • Oct 2011
        • Townsville

Mine is being replaced on the 17th and only because I ask them to check out the rough idling last service. Th report showed that it was surging and that a flash burn was preformed. I received a phone call (some weeks longer) saying my part (intake manifold) had arrived when can I book the car in.

A bit confused as I thought that this was an automatic hot fix on your next car service. The car was bought in 2008 and reaching the end of it's warranty (I picked up the car in Nov 11) now I am wooried at what other hotfix's have not been done.
        NS Cool Silver 25th Anniversary Edition with family pack. ARB Sahara bar with winch, dual batts, 2inch lift and 275/65R18's BFG Race pipe and HPD can and rear diff lock.

Comment

• Esteban
          • Jul 2007
          • Sydney NSW

Originally posted by PAJ30 View Post
          Mine is being replaced on the 17th and only because I ask them to check out the rough idling last service. Th report showed that it was surging and that a flash burn was preformed. I received a phone call (some weeks longer) saying my part (intake manifold) had arrived when can I book the car in.

A bit confused as I thought that this was an automatic hot fix on your next car service. The car was bought in 2008 and reaching the end of it's warranty (I picked up the car in Nov 11) now I am wooried at what other hotfix's have not been done.
          Noted you mentioned surging as an issue; I put up with this type of condition for weeks with occasional P0299, P0107 and lastly a P0089 error which for a Mitsubishi is a ?Suction Control Valve Stuck? error condition. The SCV was replaced after this issue under warranty. The vehicle has been running like a dream ever since. I also had the Manifold and MAP sensor replaced earlier in the piece (year ago). My vehicle has a DPF delete pipe, Chip it module and full blanking plate. Not one error now for 4 months. Suggest you may also consider the SCV if no other solution is found.
          2007 NS SWB Pajero R DID, Rear Locker, BFG 265/70/17 T/A KO's, Towbar, B&D Bashplates, LRA AUX Fuel Tank, Lovells/Bilstein 50mm lift,
          Dual Battery, ORS Fridge Pack 1,Fully Dynamatted, Bushskinz Sliders,ARB Deluxe Bar,Safari Snorkel, Chipit module, EGT Kit, DPF Delete, DPF SIM, Winch,Torque Converter Lockup, EGR fully sorted

2006 Landcruiser HDJ100

Comment

• pasniny
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Esteban View Post
            Noted you mentioned surging as an issue; I put up with this type of condition for weeks with occasional P0299, P0107 and lastly a P0089 error which for a Mitsubishi is a ?Suction Control Valve Stuck? error condition. The SCV was replaced after this issue under warranty. The vehicle has been running like a dream ever since. I also had the Manifold and MAP sensor replaced earlier in the piece (year ago). My vehicle has a DPF delete pipe, Chip it module and full blanking plate. Not one error now for 4 months. Suggest you may also consider the SCV if no other solution is found.
            Delete pipe chipit & blanking plate do you get
            P0299 every now & again ir have u drilled 12 mm in burterfly
            Valve if so does the engine runon when switched off

Thanks

Comment

• Esteban
              • Jul 2007
              • Sydney NSW

Originally posted by pasniny View Post
              Delete pipe chipit & blanking plate do you get
              P0299 every now & again ir have u drilled 12 mm in burterfly
              Valve if so does the engine runon when switched off

Thanks
              I considered drilling the 12 mm hole but since the SCV has been replaced no errors. In the past an occasional P0299 was easily cleared with my scangauge 2 which I have permanently mounted. I have been reluctant to pursue this modification as it is irreversible and would be an issue for any warranty claims. Only have a few months of warranty remaining so if the P0299 starts to be too regular still could be an option I would pursue in the future once warranty is expired.
              2007 NS SWB Pajero R DID, Rear Locker, BFG 265/70/17 T/A KO's, Towbar, B&D Bashplates, LRA AUX Fuel Tank, Lovells/Bilstein 50mm lift,
              Dual Battery, ORS Fridge Pack 1,Fully Dynamatted, Bushskinz Sliders,ARB Deluxe Bar,Safari Snorkel, Chipit module, EGT Kit, DPF Delete, DPF SIM, Winch,Torque Converter Lockup, EGR fully sorted

2006 Landcruiser HDJ100

Comment

• Landfish
                • Sep 2009
                • Perth WA

My Manifold was orginally replaced due to a check engine light, When it occured the car surged the went into limp mode (if i remember rightly i believe the traction control light came on too). I just happened to be due to take it to the dealer that week for its service. When i picked it up i was told it was due to a dirty manifold and they have asked mitsubishi for a goodwill warranty claim.
                After they replaced the manifold the problem was still there, This time i was told it was due to a 'turbo low pressure' error... They said could be one of two things causing it, Firstly the MAP sensor and then VGT solenoid (i think). They recommended only the MAP sensor for now.

I heard back from them yesturday and MMA has agreed to replace the MAP sensor and VGT solenoid parts under warranty. I am still going to have to pay about $400 labour to get them fixed.
                Apparently the Solenoid need to come from the eastern states so i need to wait till next week for the replacement.

Thanks for everyones help.
                2007 NS R DID SWB

Comment

• Filbee
                  • Sep 2008
                  • Jerrabomberra, NSW (just over the border to Canberra, ACT.) Suburb of Queanbeyan.

Originally posted by Esteban View Post
                  I also had the Manifold and MAP sensor replaced earlier in the piece (year ago). My vehicle has a DPF delete pipe, Chip it module and full blanking plate. .
                  Esteban - did you have the Chip It Module, Delete Pipe and EGR blanking plate fitted when you had the Manifold and Map sensor replaced? Or did you do the ChipIt mods after the Manifold/Map sensor replaced? Reason I ask is; I have the same ChipIt mods as you, and I'm wondering whether I need to remove the module and delete pipe before taking the car back to Mitsubishi to investigate a small surge that I get at speeds above 110 klms/hr. Not sure how Mitsubishi will react if I present the car for service/warranty with the ChipIt gear still fitted to the car. Looking forward to hearing from you. Cheers Filbee
                  (Feb) Pearl White 08 NS VRX (25th Anniv) DiD; Coopper H/T Plus; MM Alloy Bar; tyre lifter kit; Bluetooth; IPF900 spots; ICOM IC440 UHF; ARB Air Compressor (CKMP12) Kit; Waeco 60lt; RV4 Oztent and Ozpod; Rhino roof rack/cross bars. Trek Tech single shelf & 35/65 split cargo barrier; TJM battery rack with 80amphr; DS40 fridge slide; Coilrite bags; Oztent/Rhino Foxwing awning; Honda 2kVA; ChipIt EGT kit and race pipe.

Comment

• Wrex
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2007
                    • Perth

Originally posted by Filbee View Post
                    Esteban - I have the same ChipIt mods as you, and I'm wondering whether I need to remove the module and delete pipe before taking the car back to Mitsubishi to investigate a small surge that I get at speeds above 110 klms/hr.
                    Return it all to standard give them nothing to get out of a problem Mitsi's engineers created.

Comment

• Esteban
                      • Jul 2007
                      • Sydney NSW

Originally posted by Filbee View Post
                      Esteban - did you have the Chip It Module, Delete Pipe and EGR blanking plate fitted when you had the Manifold and Map sensor replaced? Or did you do the ChipIt mods after the Manifold/Map sensor replaced? Reason I ask is; I have the same ChipIt mods as you, and I'm wondering whether I need to remove the module and delete pipe before taking the car back to Mitsubishi to investigate a small surge that I get at speeds above 110 klms/hr. Not sure how Mitsubishi will react if I present the car for service/warranty with the ChipIt gear still fitted to the car. Looking forward to hearing from you. Cheers Filbee
                      Hi Filbee

I had only the DPF delete pipe installed when the inlet manifold and MAP sensor were replaced. My MAP sensor had some soot buildup. The MMA dealer replaced both after my P0299 errors pointed to some hotfix. On a similiar and more recent note, I had the SCV replaced due to the surging issue. I had the Chipit module at this time, however I did remove the blanking plate. The MMA dealer already have seen the chipit module in a recent service and I left it as is. I had an error which conclusively point to this SCV part as being defective , so no issue. My MMA dealer has been pretty reasonable with the mods on my vehicle and no issues so far.

Think advice from Wrex is probably best option here. I know it is pain to put back to normal.
                      Last edited by Esteban; 08-05-12, 01:16 PM.

2006 Landcruiser HDJ100

Comment

• Filbee
                        • Sep 2008

Esteban and Wrex
                        Thanks for your comments and suggestions. The slight hiccup that I experience at speeds above 110ks, would you suggest that what I am experiencing is a surge. It last for a fraction of a second and doesn't effect the speed.....there's just this poofteenth of second 'miss' or hiccup. If anyone has experienced what I am describing, please step in with suggestion/s. Cheers Filbee

Comment

• Brian B
                          • Sep 2009
                          • Bassendean

warranty period

Guys, just a quick one, I cant recall (seniors moment), what is the warranty period, Mine is 2008 and has done 80,600 kms.

I have the dpf delete pipe, blanking plate and chipit module too, and have surging a lot and a lot of black smoke
                          2008 NS Pajero 25th Anniversary model - 3.2 DiD Auto, National Luna Dual Battery System, 2.5 " Exhaust, Chipit Chip, Chipit DPF replacement Pipe,TJM Compressor (inside spare wheel), GME TX 3440 UHF, Custom Storage Solution, 55 litre Boab Water Tank (with pro-pump & tap), Rhino Sportz Bars, Eezi Awn Rooftop tent, Foxwing awning,Tyreguard tyre monitor

Comment

• Esteban
                            • Jul 2007
                            • Sydney NSW

Originally posted by Brian B View Post
                            Guys, just a quick one, I cant recall (seniors moment), what is the warranty period, Mine is 2008 and has done 80,600 kms.

I have the dpf delete pipe, blanking plate and chipit module too, and have surging a lot and a lot of black smoke
                            Hi Brian,

See my earlier post regarding the Suction control Valve (SCV). The replacement of this fixed all my surging problems. Warranty should be 5 years in your case, since your kilometres are low. Note if using your warranty to resolve this problem and depending on how understanding your dealer is, be careful you do not leave any MODs on your vehicle which could be blamed for this surging. Other issue with black smoke could be the tune on your Chipit module. I have always just left it as the standard tune 4 and have had no issues.

2006 Landcruiser HDJ100

Comment

• Brian B
                              • Sep 2009
                              • Bassendean

Well the service didnt go well, Morley Mitsubishi wont do anything about the SCV, their machine highlights the DPF pipe doesnt exist (I have the chipit replacement pipe), yep maybe I should have taken it off, but didnt want to spend time under the car. I even mentioned the replacement pipe has been on for 18 months and 8,000kms without a problem, but in the end their machine doesnt go past the fact the pipe isnt there.

So next steps.... does anyone know how much the SCV is and how easy it is to change, I was thinking of just buying it and getting my mechanic to fit it ?
                              2008 NS Pajero 25th Anniversary model - 3.2 DiD Auto, National Luna Dual Battery System, 2.5 " Exhaust, Chipit Chip, Chipit DPF replacement Pipe,TJM Compressor (inside spare wheel), GME TX 3440 UHF, Custom Storage Solution, 55 litre Boab Water Tank (with pro-pump & tap), Rhino Sportz Bars, Eezi Awn Rooftop tent, Foxwing awning,Tyreguard tyre monitor

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X