• Show
Clear All
  • Dazza.
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2009
    • Northern Territory

Fun in the soaked red centre

Hi all,

With all the heavy rain and flooding around Alice Springs at the moment the Mrs and I went for a drive out on some of the highways to see what a difference the rain has made. The centre is absolutely beautiful at the moment, you wouldn't think it was the desert! Green lush vegetation everywhere and the creeks all flowing.

Managed to get a few nature shots until the Mrs suggested it might be fun to get a few of the new car going through some of the flood water - who was I to argue with that??

Thought I'd share them with you. Found a few safe area's where the water wasn't too deep and/or flowing that much for a bit of fun
    Attached Files
    COOL SILVER MY10 NT DID GLS MANUAL PAJERO - Colour Coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar - Warn X9 Winch - 60L Auxiliary Tank - Towbar - HID Lightforce Spotlights - DIY dual battery system - TX3440 UHF - Lovells/Bilstien suspension - BushSkinz bash plates - Driver with a passion to explore Australia
  • Rexy
    • Oct 2007
    • Wodonga

Lookin Good

Whats the Range in the background in Pics 4 & 5?

I would be interested to see some of the GREEN bush pics too.

Cheers Matt
    Matt

TOTTIE the Blue Paj
    '02 NM Exceed, Lovells shocks and springs 2" lift, 32" Maxxis Bighorns MTs, ARB bull bar, 9500lb Warn winch with rope, snorkel, Lightforce driving lights, diff breathers, TJM sump & trannie bash plates, UHF, GPS, doovalackkies, fire exstinguisher, Rhino Rack & tray, Dual Batteries, whatchamicallits, Fourby Fitouts rear storage system, Engel 40L, fold down table, extractors

Comment

• Dazza.
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2009
      • Northern Territory

Rexy, it's part of the Macdonald Ranges.

More photo's....
      Attached Files
      COOL SILVER MY10 NT DID GLS MANUAL PAJERO - Colour Coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar - Warn X9 Winch - 60L Auxiliary Tank - Towbar - HID Lightforce Spotlights - DIY dual battery system - TX3440 UHF - Lovells/Bilstien suspension - BushSkinz bash plates - Driver with a passion to explore Australia

Comment

• Dazza.
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2009
        • Northern Territory

More...
        Attached Files

Comment

• Dazza.
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2009
          • Northern Territory

More....
          Attached Files

Comment

• Dazza.
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2009
            • Northern Territory

More....

Absolutely beautiful at the moment. Wouldn't think it's the desert
            Attached Files

Comment

• Silver Fish
              • Mar 2009
              • Adelaide

Awesome pics Dazza! looks amazing and so green.
              cheers
              2005 NP Platinum DID, BFGs, TJM T15 Bullbar, IPF Spots, OME 2" lift, GME TX4200, Active tail lights, maxtrax, compressor, Cargo Barrier, TJM Bash plates, Rhino Racks, Rhino basket, ARB Awning, Storage Shelf, Door Table, Engel MR40F, dual battery, PowerTech Inverter, 81L long range tank.

Comment

• dehydrated
                • Sep 2009
                • Rockhampton Qld

Great shots Dazza. Thanks for sharing them.
                2002 NM GLS V6 3.5 auto, ECB bar / side steps, BFG A/T's, IPF 900DII's, TJM Bash Plate, GME TX3440 UHF.

Comment

• Rexy
                  • Oct 2007
                  • Wodonga

Great pics ... Thanks

We city slickers rarely get to see that "Lush" type view of the Red Center.

How often does it get that green n wet?
                  Matt

TOTTIE the Blue Paj
                  '02 NM Exceed, Lovells shocks and springs 2" lift, 32" Maxxis Bighorns MTs, ARB bull bar, 9500lb Warn winch with rope, snorkel, Lightforce driving lights, diff breathers, TJM sump & trannie bash plates, UHF, GPS, doovalackkies, fire exstinguisher, Rhino Rack & tray, Dual Batteries, whatchamicallits, Fourby Fitouts rear storage system, Engel 40L, fold down table, extractors

Comment

Great pics mate..

Comment

• steveandviv
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2008
                      • Broome

Originally posted by Dazza. View Post
                      More...
                      Daza. Is that looking up Roma george. Top shots by the way....
                      2000 NM Paj - 2.5 Inch Lift - 81 Long Range tank - UHF - Rhino Rack - Dual Batteries - Hella 4000 Spotties - ARB Bar - Cargo Barrier - Custom Shelves - GPS Screen - Garmin GPS - Snorkle - Ox TJM Winch - MT MTZ - Polly Bags - Front ARB Locker - 50&60ltr Waeco....http://www.steveandviv.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Dazza.
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2009
                        • Northern Territory

No mate they're all within 10-15 km's from the Alice Springs township.

I will take some more in the next week or so, it's so much greener now and getting greener by the day as the rain has gone and the sun is shining.

Absolutely beautiful at the moment.

I've only been living in the Alice for a few months, but apparently it's the most rain, or well the biggest rain event that they've had in 35 years. Doesn't happen very often.

If anyone is considering the trip out this way anytime soon - DO IT - you don't see it like this very often. The Mrs and I are heading out to Ayres Rock on the weekend for a night while it's really green - and - all the water / rock holes will be full of water. We couldn't get out there WHILE it was raining because of flooded roads etc.

Comment

• steveandviv
                          Valued Member
                          • Apr 2008
                          • Broome

Wow.... Looks so good. We loved it in the dry so it must be amazing now...:-)
                          2000 NM Paj - 2.5 Inch Lift - 81 Long Range tank - UHF - Rhino Rack - Dual Batteries - Hella 4000 Spotties - ARB Bar - Cargo Barrier - Custom Shelves - GPS Screen - Garmin GPS - Snorkle - Ox TJM Winch - MT MTZ - Polly Bags - Front ARB Locker - 50&60ltr Waeco....http://www.steveandviv.blogspot.com/

Comment

• S.Mac
                            • Nov 2008
                            • Adelaide, SA

man they are awesome pics !

its amazing how green everything goes once rain has gone through

Comment

• gjh1967
                              Valued Member
                              • Dec 2007
                              • Lake Macquarie

Nice pics Dazza

Friends and i are talking about vanning it from Newcastle to Alice in June/July

Cheers
                              Glenn
                              2003 NP 3.2 DI-D LWB 5spd-DVD Entertainment unit-Narva 175 blue's-Side Steps-Uniden UHO15SX-Garmin GPS16 and Oziexplorer-ARB On Board air-Polyairs-Airtek Snorkel-Khumo KL78's-Headrest DVD players- Ironman Lift kit- 12000lb winch- Dual Batteries - Redarc isolator-Bushskinz intercooler guard.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X