• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dean
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007

SA Gathering Dorado Downs/Puppy Springs

Ive just got off the phone from the above property.
    Only Puppy Springs is available on weekends. There are some available weekends in April/May/June/July. We need a minimum of three cars, $60 for the weekend. The driving is all sand through the scrub. All kinds of sandhills from easy to almost impossible. Campsite has a septic dunny and a shower.
    The property is only 2 hours from town.
    May 8/9 or 22/23.
    As you can see weekends book out quick, therefore if anyone is interested we need get on to it.
    Any takers ?
    Dean
    Last edited by dean; 16-02-10, 01:43 PM.
    NM V6 since August 2000. Cargo Barrier, Satphone, Decent Suspension, Decent Tyres Eg. Any 10 PLY E Load Brand Not Important. Aux Tank, Rola Sports Racks/Basket, Decent Canvas Bag, Quality Esky. A Good Setup For Outback Touring/Desert Crossings.
  • Pajero_Pete
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2008
    • Adelaide Hills

Sounds great Dean,
    Is this a camp-over ?
    Or just a day out ?
    Only trouble is squeezing it in.
    With easter, school hols, anzac day weekend then kids winter sport we'll be busy on weekends,
    BUT I will watch this with interest and see if we can get along, at least for a night.
    Is there a web site we can check on this location ?
    Is it a camper trailer site ?
    Or a swagger ?
    Good work,
    Cheers PP
    Great little Io then NL dual fuel then my first DiD NP followed by an NS DiD and now an NT RX DiD in the shed

Comment

• dean
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007

Hi Pete,
      Ive searched myself but couldn't find a site, I should've asked.
      For my family it would be head down after school and the kids will have to miss sport. I reckon mine prefer the bush to sport anyway.
      2wd access to the campsite and 4x4 after that.
      Sounds like a good place to to fine tune your sand skills. Lets face sand driving is great fun.
      We too have quite a bit on and March would suit us, but the owner reckons it can get pretty hot. We camped at MSNP a few years ago it hit 43, bloody hot. He did add if it was too hot he has no problems with cancellations.
      Dean
      NM V6 since August 2000. Cargo Barrier, Satphone, Decent Suspension, Decent Tyres Eg. Any 10 PLY E Load Brand Not Important. Aux Tank, Rola Sports Racks/Basket, Decent Canvas Bag, Quality Esky. A Good Setup For Outback Touring/Desert Crossings.

Comment

• Calspec
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2007
        • SA

Hi Dean/Pete,

I will pitch myself in as interested. Similar issues with kids/school/other holidays etc. Wife and I are keen to take as many opportunites as we can get in our new camper trailer with other 4by's.

I work shifts, so some forward planning is required to get necessary weekends off. I will also keep a watch on this to see if I can slot in, once a date is mentioned.

Cheers,

Calspec
        01 NM Exceed 3.5l Auto, SVI LPG, Pacemakers, Alloy Bar, IPF lights, GME TX3440, OME/King Suspension, 2" Lift, Toyo OCII 75's, 2500Kg Tow Hitch, Milford Cargo Barrier, ARB Fridge, ABR Dual Battery isolator, Rear storage drawers, Hema Navigator 7, JVC 7" In dash DVD, TJM Compressor, 2.5T Hand winch and all the bits that go with it, and a 17' Jayco Westport.

Comment

• geopaj
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2007
          • Adelaide

I'm keen but will probably only be able to come for a day trip (I wonder if the owners would charge less for a day trip??)
          Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• Silver Fish
            • Mar 2009
            • Adelaide

WE went to Puppy springs last year and had a good time. Camping was good (shelter and toilet and shower available) and yes you could easily get a camper trailer in there. From the camp site the tracks are over the road and were 90% easy and 10% challenging. Only one track took two tries to get over.

sleeping arrangements

The campsite

The tracks.
            2005 NP Platinum DID, BFGs, TJM T15 Bullbar, IPF Spots, OME 2" lift, GME TX4200, Active tail lights, maxtrax, compressor, Cargo Barrier, TJM Bash plates, Rhino Racks, Rhino basket, ARB Awning, Storage Shelf, Door Table, Engel MR40F, dual battery, PowerTech Inverter, 81L long range tank.

Comment

• dean
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2007

Thanks for that silverfish.
              It doesn't sound like the kind of place for a day trip which doesn't particularly interest me anyway, however looks great for a couple of nights.
              We used to have an ongoing booking elsewhere that had a three sided shed as well, great if the weather turns and somewhere to pop your stuff.
              Looks like a good spot for friends to sit around the fire and relax.
              Dean

Comment

• Mitzified
                • Jan 2009
                • Elizabeth Sth Aus

Hi all
                Is this post still active?
                How far along are arangments
                Is there time to add myself to the list?
                Cheers
                Lindsay
                Mothballed NJ GLX 2.8 tdi Auto isolated dual batteries Cargo Barrier with custom draws and fridge slider Poly air rear Manual front hubs Reversing Camera
                Badly over heated engine\
                Currantly driving Discovery 1 tdi with fruit

Comment

• dean
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2007

Hi mitzified,
                  The above weekends are no longer due to a lack of interest.
                  We are always heading off somewhere and can post at short notice if you want. We also have kids sport all weekends during the school terms but our kids are more than happy to miss chasing a ball for a weekend away.
                  Dean

Comment

• Mitzified
                    • Jan 2009
                    • Elizabeth Sth Aus

Thanks Dean
                    I will make more of a point of keep a closer eye on here in future as I would like to catch up with some of the regular people on here at some stage
                    Cheers Lindsay
                    Mothballed NJ GLX 2.8 tdi Auto isolated dual batteries Cargo Barrier with custom draws and fridge slider Poly air rear Manual front hubs Reversing Camera
                    Badly over heated engine\
                    Currantly driving Discovery 1 tdi with fruit

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X