• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Snapcatcher
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2009
    • Brisbane

Gen 3 Opposite Lock Rear Bar

Thought I'd show you guys some pics of my new rear bar from Opposite Lock. Had it colour coded and I think it came up well. The only thing im not happy with is the holes that are for carrier arms locking mechanism (which I dont have) I plan on getting some stainless bolts to cover the holes. They also come with LED lights now, that are super bright. I didnt take ride height measurments b4 fitting, but visually it doesnt seem to have sagged the rear end.

I havnt got the wheel carrier arms or jerry can holder fitted yet. I may do so in the future if needed, but for now im happy with just the bar. I had damaged the left wing on the standard bar, so thought aftermarket steel was a better option then repairing the standard one.

The standard spare wheel and cover just fit on. The bottom of the cover scrapes on the checkerplate when closing the rear door, but nothing im concerned about.

I have also just fitted a rear spoiler and altezza tail lights, so the whole rear end now looks a fair bit different than before.
    Attached Files
    Silver NM Pajero 3.5L Auto. ARB bullbar, Opposite Lock Rear bar, Front Lokka, Uniden UHF, Bilstein shocks, Lovells HD coils, TJM OX 9500lb Winch, Snorkel, 33" BFG KM2's on 16x8 Advanti Rims, Custom bash plate, Cargo Barrier, Lightforce 170s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Ironman Awning, Duel battery system.
  • icysyrup
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • USA

Looks Good. I know what your talking about with the rear door. The problem I found when I built my rear bumper was that even though when you look at the rear door from a distance you cant tell but the bottom of it is curved. So your clearance is close if you want it tucked up tight to the door. Looks good though on there.
    03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• steveandviv
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2008
      • Broome

Hey looks real good. But what are those 4 holes for - sorry, it's a dumb question
      2000 NM Paj - 2.5 Inch Lift - 81 Long Range tank - UHF - Rhino Rack - Dual Batteries - Hella 4000 Spotties - ARB Bar - Cargo Barrier - Custom Shelves - GPS Screen - Garmin GPS - Snorkle - Ox TJM Winch - MT MTZ - Polly Bags - Front ARB Locker - 50&60ltr Waeco....http://www.steveandviv.blogspot.com/

Comment

• icysyrup
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007
        • USA

For the locks when the dual swing out tire carriers are mounted...to hold them shut
        03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• kibz
          • Jul 2007
          • Melb, Victoria

i have seen a post in Gen 4 for a modified plate that raises the spare wheel height, this plate is part of the MM tow package and only some dealers knew about it. Can't find the post now, but i thought i would let you know anyway.
          Cheers,
          Paul

Comment

• vinceb
            • Aug 2007
            • Banora Point NSW

Great looking bar. I am sick of repairing my rear bar. How much did the bar cost?Did Opposite Lock fit it?
            Thanks.
            Vince

2011 NT. Now to transfer dual batteries, fridge slide, uhf & slider plates from previous NP.
            Gulf pop top outback caravan.Solar panels, off road hitch, bayonet fitting for outside cooking & yamaha EF2000.

Comment

• Snapcatcher
              Valued Member
              • Feb 2009
              • Brisbane

Originally posted by vinceb View Post
              Great looking bar. I am sick of repairing my rear bar. How much did the bar cost?Did Opposite Lock fit it?
              Thanks.
              Vince
              G'day Vince, yeh I had it fitted by OL. Full retail your looking at about $1750 fitted + extra for colour coding. When I went down to the local OL store for a quote, I found out I knew the manager from when I was a teenager, and he gave me a good discount.
              Silver NM Pajero 3.5L Auto. ARB bullbar, Opposite Lock Rear bar, Front Lokka, Uniden UHF, Bilstein shocks, Lovells HD coils, TJM OX 9500lb Winch, Snorkel, 33" BFG KM2's on 16x8 Advanti Rims, Custom bash plate, Cargo Barrier, Lightforce 170s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Ironman Awning, Duel battery system.

Comment

• green monster
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2008
                • Adelaide

awesome,, i want one !!!!
                NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

• vinceb
                  • Aug 2007
                  • Banora Point NSW

Thanks Snapcatcher.
                  I will call in to their Gold Coast outlet today.
                  Cheers.
                  Vince

2011 NT. Now to transfer dual batteries, fridge slide, uhf & slider plates from previous NP.
                  Gulf pop top outback caravan.Solar panels, off road hitch, bayonet fitting for outside cooking & yamaha EF2000.

Comment

• MickSA
                    • Jun 2009
                    • Southern Suburbs of Adelaide S.A

Whats with the altezza tail lights? Where do you get them and are they functional? I like the bar.
                    Cheers Mick 2012 NW GLX MANUAL

Comment

• Aumissions
                      • Apr 2010
                      • Bunbury, WA

Still Happy?

Snapcatcher,
                      Are you still happy with your rear bar? Now 2 years on have you experience excessive suspension sagging? Also, I talked with the manufacturer of the bar today and she recommended colour coding over the powder coating because of possible rust with just paint. What have you found?
                      Thanks for your insight, I am in the market as I had the joy of meeting a local P plater last week.
                      2004 NP GLS 3.8 Auto, ARB Deluxe Bullbar, O/L Rear Bar, Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovells, Cooper LT AT3, Lightforce 170's, GME TX3340

Comment

• Snapcatcher
                        Valued Member
                        • Feb 2009
                        • Brisbane

Hey mate, sorry I just stumbled across your question, and its prob a bit late by now.

Since I originally fitted the bar Ive fitted heavy duty springs. That was 18 months ago now and I havnt noticed any sagging apart from what would be expected.

I havent had any dramas with rust, and mine was coloured coded with paint rather than powercoat.

Happy with the bar and give confidence knowing you can brush against dirt banks or other stuff and not be worried about damage.

Comment

• Aumissions
                          • Apr 2010
                          • Bunbury, WA

Thanks for answering my questions.
                          I have ordered my O/L (Outback Accessories) bar and it should be installed in the next couple weeks. It is being made for me because I did not want any posts for the spare wheel or jerry can holder, and I have asked them not to drill any of the holes for brackets. I'm glad that you have not had any problems and now I have another excuse for new suspension.

A word of advice to others from my ordering experience. Call Outback Accessories directly, they will not sell you a bar, but you can talk to them about options to meet your needs. The guys at O/L are friendly, but have no idea about the product. Talking to the manufacturer helped me spell out exactly what I wanted and to know it was possible.
                          2004 NP GLS 3.8 Auto, ARB Deluxe Bullbar, O/L Rear Bar, Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovells, Cooper LT AT3, Lightforce 170's, GME TX3340

Comment

• Goodsy
                            Who ya gunna call....
                            • Dec 2010
                            • Hervey Bay

G'day guys
                            Can I ask how much you paid for the bar?
                            I'll be installing myself.

Cheers
                            .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                            NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• Aumissions
                              • Apr 2010
                              • Bunbury, WA

Rear Bar Price

From the quotes that I received.
                              Just the bar black power coated without wheel carrier etc. is $1500. But this was itemized as part of the whole. Plus colour code and installation. The whole thing together is $1950. I shopped around a little as O/L is not the only company that can supply the bar.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X