• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Walker
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2007

Tyre monitoring system - group buy

I am organising a group buy for some friends in another 4WD club. Just wondering if anyone here is interested.

This is the tyre monitoring system:

The reason I like this one is that you don't have to remove the tyre to install it.

If I can get enough people interested then I am pretty sure I can get the kit for $350ech.
    thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
    1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson
  • matthewfnorbert
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007

adam how much?
    will they work on a trailer too (distance..)?
    SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

• Mike DiD
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007

The disadvantage of this type is that anyone can remove it.
      Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

• MinniTheMoocha
        • Jul 2007
        • Eastern Suburbs

I need to look up the information but will certainly think seriously about this.

Please let me know as you find out more information.

Are these to be removed when doing normal driving around so they don't get pinched?
        2007 NS Pajero LWB, Tow pack, FP, 18" rims. A great family adventure car.

Comment

• Wilmo
          • Jul 2007
          • Perth

interested in this kit, it would be good if it monitored 6 sensors - 2 on trailer as well, but I suppose you can't have everything!

It says it has lock nuts, these might mean the sensors are hard to remove off the valve stems without tools?
          Last edited by Wilmo; 09-10-07, 11:27 AM.
          NS GLX DID Auto, MM alloy bar, Kings Springs 35mm Lift, Polyairs, Cooper ATR Tyres 265/70/17, Spider chip.

Comment

• Schniff
            • Jul 2007
            • Adelaide

I am interested, but would like to know more about security.

Can it display tyre temperature?
            Drowned, RIP: NS DID VRX Auto, FP, TJM Sorkel, Cargo Barrier, Infill G4 car PC, Waeco CF-50, Icom IC 400 UHF, ARB deluxe bar, IPF 900XS HID upgrade and dual battery. Kings and Bilsteins, Brown Davis Bash plates, CSA 17 inch alloys with Cooper ST-Cs for the dirt, ORS fridgepack drawers, 90 litre water bladder, LRA aux fuel tank.

Comment

• GeoffB
              • Aug 2007
              • Windsor Downs, NSW

I am interested, when you get a firm price please let me know.

Comment

• Eastie
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2007
                • Vic

Interested in a tyre monitoring system but I'm leaning towards the AirAware system.
                NS oil burner shorty

Comment

• matthewfnorbert
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Schniff View Post
                  I am interested, but would like to know more about security.

Can it display tyre temperature?
                  interestingly the highest temp on a tyre is at the edge radius, i have confirmed this with an IR camera.. given that this is where the steel would flex the most it makes sense..
                  SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

• Pickle
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2007
                    • All over Oz

Originally posted by Wilmo View Post

It says it has lock nuts, these might mean the sensors are hard to remove off the valve stems without tools?
                    Correct. has a special tool to fit!

And here is the Users Guide

Dave
                    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Mike DiD
                      Valued Member
                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by matthewfnorbert View Post
                      interestingly the highest temp on a tyre is at the edge radius, i have confirmed this with an IR camera.. given that this is where the steel would flex the most it makes sense..
                      I have a non-contact thermometer, but I hadn't thought of keeping it in the car for checking tyre, bearing, brakes etc temperatures.

Thanks !!!!
                      Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

• Schniff
                        • Jul 2007
                        • Adelaide

Ok I am in, provided I can get it in the black colour as opposed to the sparkly blue colour that I have seen in the magazines which looks gay. It will be brilliant for me, as I will be running two sets of wheels, so I can easily change the sensors over. You can easily swap the sensor over to the spare if it is to be used. Will save hundreds over having to get separate sensors for 10 wheels and a system that can monitor that many.
                        Last edited by Schniff; 11-10-07, 04:01 AM.
                        Drowned, RIP: NS DID VRX Auto, FP, TJM Sorkel, Cargo Barrier, Infill G4 car PC, Waeco CF-50, Icom IC 400 UHF, ARB deluxe bar, IPF 900XS HID upgrade and dual battery. Kings and Bilsteins, Brown Davis Bash plates, CSA 17 inch alloys with Cooper ST-Cs for the dirt, ORS fridgepack drawers, 90 litre water bladder, LRA aux fuel tank.

Comment

• Pickle
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2007
                          • All over Oz

Just keep in mind guys that these are factory set at 26 psi before alarm goes off. It doesn't say anything about adjustment for pressure settings at all. So they might be not much chop if you drop below 26 psi.
                          Dave
                          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• marquis
                            Valued Member
                            • Jun 2007
                            • Newcastle

Adam,

Has anyone in the group got a unit to see if all the pressures can be adjusted?

26psi would be useless on sand/dirt roads...
                            --
                            Marquis
                            SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

• Walker
                              Valued Member
                              • Aug 2007

Yes. I have spoken to the sales rep and he pointed out that on the website it does say that it has a fully adjustable pressure and temperature alarm range, so it is all good.

It seems like it is a good product. I have no experience with it, but I am willing to give it a go. I had the other sort of TPMS on my last vehicle (the type where the sensor mounts on the inside of the rim) and I had nothing but trouble with it. Twice I had the sensor go bad and had to pay each time to get the tyre rmoved so it culd be taken out. Also the type I had were fairly heavy (40g I think) and it meant that a fair bit of weight had to be added in balancing. I guess this is why I want to try this type of sensor.

According to the website they are also bringing out a unit which has the ability to monitor 6 tyres (car and trailer) very soon but I would assume this will cost a lot more.
                              thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                              1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X