• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulisok
    • Oct 2009
    • Brisbane North Side

Which Deisel should I Use

I read a few old comments on deisels, what opinions do people have on the best deisel to use in my NT DiD and why.

"Don't argue with an Idiot
    They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"

2009 NT GLX 3.2 DiD Auto, Ironbark, MM Alloy Bull Bar, TJM Classique Side Steps, Fogs, GME TX3440 UHF, Dual Battery, Pajero Sports Roof Racks, DIY Rear Storage, Fridge, Tint, Tow, and loviin it.

Considering Mods; OME Sports Suspension, Snorkel
  • CeeJay
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2008
    • Samford, QLD

Personally I like BP Ultimate - I reckon I get better economy from it.

2008 NS DiD GLX, ARB bar, Warn winch, BFG ATs, Bilstein/Lovell 2" lift, Milford barrier, VMS GPS, Rhino platform rack, Uniden UHF, Mobile 1 antenna, MMA tow bar, DIY dual battery system, Outback rear storage, Bushskinz bash plates x 3, custom steel sliders, Airtec snorkel, Narva HIDs, Ironman awning, ERPS, Glind hot water

Comment

• Richo-NT
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2009
      • Brisbane

I use ultimate because where I live its either BP or Shell and I don't like Shell, bad experiences with contaminated petrol in my old Patrol as a result of Shell fuels.

To be honest though I think if you stick with the name brands your right, its when you start going to the no name servo's that I start to wonder where the hell the fuel has come from and how good it is.. at least with a name brand fuel they are willing to put their brands repuation behind the fuel so their is less chance of contamination
      2009 NT Pajero GLX 3.2 Auto - Sold

Comment

Like any fuel I think the key is not to get from Servos that have little turn over of Deisel and leave the fuel in tanks for long periods of time.

I always fill up from a servo near my house that services a massive small industrial area. All the trucks fill their diesel their.
        From concrete trucks to buses and work trucks.
        Never had an issue. and fuel is always clean.. Filled up at a BP a few times and 90% of their business was ULP and fuel wasnt so good.

Comment

• paulisok
          • Oct 2009
          • Brisbane North Side

any more thoughts on diesel ?

"Don't argue with an Idiot
          They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"

2009 NT GLX 3.2 DiD Auto, Ironbark, MM Alloy Bull Bar, TJM Classique Side Steps, Fogs, GME TX3440 UHF, Dual Battery, Pajero Sports Roof Racks, DIY Rear Storage, Fridge, Tint, Tow, and loviin it.

Considering Mods; OME Sports Suspension, Snorkel

Comment

• mrbitchi
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2007
            • Brisbane

When you're traveling it's irrelevant what you prefer. In the bush diesel is diesel. You rarely have a choice so no point in getting hung up about brands. Often the fuel in the pump comes from a different brands refinery anyway so you don't really know what you're getting. Same goes for petrol..
            Cheers, John.
            LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
            Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X