• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tbarro
    • Sep 2007
    • sydney

soft ride

hi my np DiD rides very hard on road need to soften it up abit for more enjoyable drive. not used for heavey off road driving mainly black top and towing. any ideas
    tbarro
  • Avanner
    • Jul 2007

soft ride

tbarro
    Have driven a much used & abused Nm Paj with a softened up suspension....it wallowed around corners, and nose dived under braking. I would vote for leaving it as it is, especially for towing. They lean over enough now when you are cornering a wee bit fast!
    Roy

Comment

• marquis
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Newcastle

Let your tyres down - if you have:
      H/T's - 30psi
      A/T's - 36psi
      (or whatever suits you)

If you have upgraded suspension - bag of sand or 2 (or similar in scrap solid metal) in the back.
      --
      Marquis
      SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

soft ride?

Hi,

I also posted the same question 3 years ago after purchasing the vehicle. However I also ended up realizing that maybe trying to soften the suspension is not such a good idea.

What I subsequently I found out are the followings :
        - agree with the tyre pressure approach, less pressure, softer ride. But definitely not a good idea for high speed
        - found out that Cooper ST is actually more "compliant" (softer ride) than the OEM ones, although not sure was it because the OEMs were 4 years old compared to "brand" new Coopers or something else (I know the difference for sure considering I drive over the same roads and potholes with both).
        - the interesting thing is that the suspension is quite compliant on slow speed offroad environments, no problems at all there.

Regards,

Jonathan

Comment

• tbarro
          • Sep 2007
          • sydney

thanks guys looks like l will have to put up with the ride many thanks
          tbarro

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X