• Show
Clear All
  • green monster
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2008
    • Adelaide

hard to start, lacking power

Hi all
    been chasing a problem for a fair while now ,hard to start rough idle and sluggish of the lights,, changed sensors and plugs leads filters, fluids, flushed with injector cleaners and almost gave up!!

My mechanic (mate of mine) reckoned it must be a fuel problem, so we put in a new fuel pump ($90) and fixed the problem instantly starts first turn of the key and if i boot it can spin the rear wheels of the lights ,, not that i do tho!!
    cam

thaught it was worth mentioning ??
    NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax
  • green monster
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2008
    • Adelaide

Back to square one !!!!!
    still wont idle when ,,,reckon its ignition problem as it does it on both gas and petrol,,,, just wont idle even when cold or hot now ??
    but still goes fine when driving, just a problem at low rpm,
    cam
    NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

• Ridgeback
      • Jan 2008
      • Sydney

Don't have the manual with me, but there is an idle air control valve that from memory is a solenoid that cycles continually but at varying pulse width (Duty cycle air control valve). You can hear it buzzing / ticking away with the engine off and ignition on under certain conditions, located on the throttle body. Have you checked this as it does control idle speed? May be clogged with shite or may be unserviceable.
      Last edited by Ridgeback; 21-10-09, 11:55 PM.
      Home Base Sydney, NM GLS 3.5L, LPG, Dual Batt, Milford Barrier, Rhinos, Lovells 50mm with Bilsteins.

Comment

• Slyone
        • Aug 2009
        • Perth

head gasket or cracked head?
        88" Shorty, 2.5LTD, 2.5" Zorst, Snorkle, 31"s, 2.5" suspension 2" body lift, 4.5" all up 4 spottties, $2000 worth of sound gear, Factory Flares. SOOOOOLLLDD --- Build Thread

NEW 88' LWB 2.5LICTD 15psi 4.5" suspension, Snorkel, racks and bars, built in compressor, Bed, Drawers, Bull Bar, IPF Spotlights and moree to come --- Build Thread

Comment

• Bigbro
          • Nov 2009

check the muffler i had a similar problem my rear baffle was moving apon acceleration a producing excessive back pressure.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X