• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wello-bob
    • Jun 2008
    • SeQld

Best recent price for NT GLS Auto Diesel

Hi Guys & Gals,

I'm in the process of negotiating for the purchase of a new NT GLS auto diesel here in Brisbane, and am interested in how much others have paid recently? Driveaway of course.

I've got a 2005 Nissan X-Trail ST I'm willing to trade in but so far not being offered very much from Miitsubishi for it.

Also interested if anyone has installed a Polaris GPS/Bluetooth/Reverse Camera combo unit in the NT and how it went?

Cheers

Robert
    --------------------------------------------------
    2017 NX GLS Auto Diesel, MMA towbar, MMA Nudge bar, Piranha dual battery system, Uniden UHF, Bush Skinz intercooler and sump plates.
  • David Anderson
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2007
    • Albury

Hi Robert,

Best price I was offered was about a month ago - 55K drive-away.

That was demo and with ABN, but it only had about 50-60K's on the clock.
    09 NT GL manual.

www.twigwater.com - My fly fishing blog.

http://www.dsaphoto.com

Comment

• pmacca
      • May 2009

Best price VRX

Hi Robert,

Can't comment on the GLS pricing. Ordered a VRX Diesel, Warm White, a couple of weeks ago and got the price down to $59,910.00 drive away. This included the $4,400 fleet discount, which Big4 members get anyway.

Still got another 5 weeks still delivery as there are none available.

Peter
      Peter

Comment

• wello-bob
        • Jun 2008
        • SeQld

Peter,
        did that price include an additional accessories and where abouts did you order the VRX from if you don't mind me asking?

Robert
        2017 NX GLS Auto Diesel, MMA towbar, MMA Nudge bar, Piranha dual battery system, Uniden UHF, Bush Skinz intercooler and sump plates.

Comment

• pmacca
          • May 2009

VRX price

Hi Robert,

The only option in that price is the pearl paint. On my salary sacrifice package it will work out cheaper for me to pay cash for any accessories. The cost is just below the luxury car threshhold so any increase may incur an additional 30% tax. It was interesting that all the quotes I got didn't appear to charge extra for the diesel.

I have ordered it from McGrath Mitsubishi in Liverpool, sout west of Sydney. I did get quotes from 2 other dealers who were both about $2000.00 dearer. Didn't have to haggle to get that price.

Peter
          Peter

Comment

• brett
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2007

I've been trying to chase a good price on a GLX manual through a leasing company but because I want a manual with rear diff lock it will be an order and about 3 months. Best price they got was from Mcgrath at Liverpool and was about 53800. So 59900 for a VRX sounds pretty good considering the auto is 3k. I've been looking for a couple of months and it seems there are no real deals if you car needs to be ordered from Japan, if it's on the lot already you'll probably get a reasonable deal. Guy at leasing company mentioned all manufacturers have cut production considerably and also most have price rises in July.

Comment

• David Anderson
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2007
              • Albury

Brett, the stuff you order is going to be less of a deal, though you should still get 4-5K off with a little work.

The diff lock is stupidly rare for some reason..
              09 NT GL manual.

www.twigwater.com - My fly fishing blog.

http://www.dsaphoto.com

Comment

• pmacca
                • May 2009

Local stock?

Originally posted by brett View Post
                I've been looking for a couple of months and it seems there are no real deals if you car needs to be ordered from Japan, if it's on the lot already you'll probably get a reasonable deal.
                Hi Brett,

Mine is coming off the production line in Japan late June or early July with estimated delivery date of 23 July. I could have got a 2008 model delivered earlier for $1500 less but opted for the 2009 build.

Peter
                Peter

Comment

• wello-bob
                  • Jun 2008
                  • SeQld

Best price I have received this week in Brisbane is $58500 which is for a GLS auto diesel with towbar, bullbar, weathershields and bluetooth, driveaway. And they will give me supposedly $15k for my trade.

Haven't signed the deal yet but hopefully if all goes to plan will happen today?

Robert

Comment

• brett
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2007

Robert is that an order or is it in stock?

Peter what was the RRP of the VRX? currently waiting for another quote from Mcgraths through the leasing company, previously the discount was only about the fleet of $4500.
                    One thing to note when comparing prices driveaway is VIC and QLD will be cheaper than NSW due to rego and stampduty costing more in NSW

Comment

• wello-bob
                      • Jun 2008
                      • SeQld

Brett,

That is apparently one that is due to arrive here by end of July so must be one that was already ordered previously. I'm after a champagne colour which are quite difficult to find at the moment. Apparently only two currently available across all Australia.

Cheers
                      Robert

Comment

• pmacca
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by brett View Post
                        Peter what was the RRP of the VRX? currently waiting for another quote from Mcgraths through the leasing company, previously the discount was only about the fleet of $4500.
                        Hi Brett,

From memory the website was quoting about $68,500 plus on roads which would have taken it to somewhere between $70,000 - $71,000. Discount quoted was $9,046.26 ex GST Discount probably dependant on whether you qualify for national fleet or not. Not sure if it is Mitsubishi giving the extra discount or McGrath's. Obviously worth haggling as they have money to play with.

I miss the ability to check prices on the net.

Peter
                        Last edited by pmacca; 19-06-09, 08:33 PM.
                        Peter

Comment

• brett
                          Valued Member
                          • Jun 2007

Peter, I gather your doing a novated lease and won't pay GST, so your total saving is the 9K discount and the GST saving of around 6K making 15K all up. Or does the 9k include your GST saving?
                          Only extra mitsubishi were giving was $1500 off for a 08 plate otherwise it was just the fleet discount which I could get because it's a novated lease. Will see what they come back with next week.

Comment

• pmacca
                            • May 2009

Hi Brett,

My company actually buys the vehicles outright but has them managed by Orix fleet manangement. The actual cost that is then passed onto me as part of the package has the GST deducted of the total because my company claims that back. The actual cost attributed to my package is $51,740 + stat charges.

The big advantage of buying the vehicle outright is my company claims the 10% GST then is entitled to the 30% business tax deduction of ANY expense during the life of the "lease". It means for example the fuel at $1.10 would actually only cost me out of pocket about 41c with Mr Swann picking up th balance.

I am expecting the packaged price to come in at about $20k per annum over 3 years (incl FBT) before tax so I will be about $12k out of pocket in real terms. Then I have the option to buy it at the end of term for about $24k.

Peter
                            Peter

Comment

• wingers
                              • Jun 2009

Peter

I was interested to understand how the fuel expense will only cost you 41c out of pocket as it was my understanding that the 30% (or 50% for small business) tax deduction only applies to capital purchases which fuel isnt.

I would be very interested in knowing how you worked this through.

Regards

Darren
                              2009 - GLS in Black and stock standard except for BFG tyres-

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X