• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BOBA
    Part of the Furniture...
    • Aug 2007
    • North Richmond NSW

TOMTOM GO370 / Incompatible Phone

Here is a warning for anyone who links their mobile phone to their TOMTOM for making calls on the move. I had my device linked to my old Motorola phone and have had no trouble.

I recently upgraded my mobile phone to a Telstra T7 and although the Blue Tooth connects the phone to the TOMTOM OK, when you dial from the Tom Tom it calls a different phone number than that selected from the TOMTOM phone book. Secondly, the function of copying the phone book in the mobile to the TOMTOM does not work as the two units are not fully compatible.

I contacted ZTE, the distributors of the Telstra T7 and they confirmed that the two are not compatible.

It's a bit late to find this out after you have entered a two-year contract on a plan with Telstra.

When I went to upgrade the phone I asked the sales person if the phone was compatible with my TOMTOM GO730 and he assured me it was. I am currently proceeding with a complaint through the Telstra system regarding the incorrect assurances I was given. What Chance?
    Last edited by BOBA; 03-05-09, 08:28 AM.
    2002 NM Petrol with LPG. Wild Cat headers, UHF, Nudge Bar with NARVA Spotties, booster seat for the grandkids, Hayman Reece towing kit, 240,000K on the clock and going well. Tom Tom GO 730 so I don't get lost.
    I'D RATHER LIVE RICH THAN DIE RICH
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Misrepresentation induced you into the contract. You're entitled to rescind it.

The misrepresentation was innocent, so you're not entitled to damages.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X