• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • damos75
    • Aug 2016
    • Sydney

Aftermarket when buying new vehicle

Hi all,

Just seeing when you have been buying your new PS, have you ordered any parts (eg ARB etc) via the dealer or arranged for the new parts to be fitted prior to picking up before taking delivery at the dealer. This is as opposed to buying then driving down to your local aftermarket fitter etc?

Is there preferred way to achieve maximum negotiating power?

thanks
    2016 Pajero Sport GLS
    ARB Summit Bar
    ARB Intensity AR 32's
    Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform
    BFG AT's
    BushSkinz
    Dobinsons Raised Springs & Shocks
  • fester
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2013
    • Gympie Qld

Get your best price from your preferred aftermarket suppliers then ask your dealer if they can beat it. Same principal of shopping around as with anything you buy really. It will come down to what pricing the dealer can get at "trade" and things like whether he will drop he pants a bit on the accessories margins to make the sale of the car. Shop them against each other.

Comment

• SenojNW
      • Feb 2016
      • Perth

Originally posted by fester View Post
      Get your best price from your preferred aftermarket suppliers then ask your dealer if they can beat it. Same principal of shopping around as with anything you buy really. It will come down to what pricing the dealer can get at "trade" and things like whether he will drop he pants a bit on the accessories margins to make the sale of the car. Shop them against each other.

Yep this is what I did for tint - it ended up being cheaper through the dealer which surprised me.

For towbar and brake controller I'm sorting through ARB direct - mainly because I think they will do a better job. I've never been impressed with dealers auto electrical abilities and I'm getting a HR towbar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Loady1
        • Aug 2016
        • Queensland

I got the dealer to supply and fit a redarc tow pro elite as part of the deal.
        Late 2016 PS 5 seat. Bridgestone ATRs, Kings KCRS-23, KCFS-55, Bilsteins , PROVENT 200, Safari snorkel, bash plates.
        Hayman Reese towbar. Tow pro elite.

Comment

• ddeane
          • Oct 2011
          • ACT

I had a HR Towbar and the redarc brake unit provided by the dealer, the price was great, but they had agreed that they would be fitted by a 4WD shop (not sure whether it was ARB) the outcome was great. The only issue I have was with HR as the HR weight levelling unit would not fit into the HR towbar receiver. HR arranged for the towbar receiver to be 'ground out' a little. Still not happy. I also has Cancer Council UV stuff put on the front windows and this was done outside the dealer. Note that the dealer prices in all cases were better. I purchases the carpets from an online shop as the dealer did not get back to me in time and online site was about $40 more (this did include freight).

My advice would be to work a deal with the dealer. I also got the Anderson Plug with 8 mm wire for nix.

Comment

• damos75
            • Aug 2016
            • Sydney

Thanks all for the replies.

I am waiting on details from ARB. There is a new MM dealership opening near me soon so I am hoping to strike a deal locally.
            2016 Pajero Sport GLS
            ARB Summit Bar
            ARB Intensity AR 32's
            Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform
            BFG AT's
            BushSkinz
            Dobinsons Raised Springs & Shocks

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X