• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pajshomoneroguntero
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2013
    • Sydney

ARB/TJM/OpLock BBar Installer

I'm currently looking for a bull bar for my NX GLS ie has HID washers and DRLs.

I think my choice will be either an ARB or Opposite Lock with preference to the OL.

I went to the local ARB (Wollongong) and seemed to be involved in some kind of "only hylux and patrol" policy. Basically they made it quite clear that they had never fitted an NX (or any other Paj it seemed) before and really didn't seem interested to change that.

I've also been to Opposite Lock Rockdale. Also I don't think they've done any NX Pajs.

Wollongong TJM so far appear to have the best service and interest in selling me something. I don't mind the T13 bar but I do have plans for an 11XP Runva winch. From what I gather the TJM bar is rated to 9500lbs. The other thing is the separate cradle where my preference is for the bar to hold the winch.

So can anyone recommend a fitter in the Sydney area that has actually worked on an NX fitting either an OL or ARB bar?
    NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread
  • gringo
    • Jun 2009
    • Harrington Park (Sydney)

Ol at Narellan ( near Camden)did fit my nx with ECB winch bar

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2013
      • Sydney

Originally posted by gringo View Post
      Ol at Narellan ( near Camden)did fit my nx with ECB winch bar
      What model NX do you have?
      NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• gringo
        • Jun 2009

I got the earliest one I bought in late 2014 my15 and my was the first one that They installed the bar on
        Last edited by gringo; 08-03-16, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• sharkcaver
          "2000"+ Valued Contributor
          • May 2009
          • Perth

There has been discussion of the need to remove the bar on the TJM come winch removal/servicing time. IIRC, you can just squeeze a winch behind the ARB without the need for removal. Have a search, the thread wasn't that long ago. But I have to say, some of those prices mentioned for the ARB bar was horrendous, I could well understand looking harder into the TJM at that rate. Lucky you don't own a 200. My neighbour takes delivery on Saturday and he was quoting undeveloped nations GDP figures for his quotes.
          MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2013
            • Sydney

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
            There has been discussion of the need to remove the bar on the TJM come winch removal/servicing time. IIRC, you can just squeeze a winch behind the ARB without the need for removal. Have a search, the thread wasn't that long ago. But I have to say, some of those prices mentioned for the ARB bar was horrendous, I could well understand looking harder into the TJM at that rate. Lucky you don't own a 200. My neighbour takes delivery on Saturday and he was quoting undeveloped nations GDP figures for his quotes.
            Yeah, I think I posted in that thread too. I am looking for recommendations for fitters to install a bar. At this stage the OL bar is winning but I don't want to be the guinea pig for the store to fit it, or am I being too precious? The bumper cut should be to a template shouldn't it?

Build Thread

Comment

• nayala
              • Mar 2013
              • western victoria

I installed my second hand bulbar by myself due to no mechanic that willingly to install it because of ?insurance issue. It was fiddly with the clips at the beginning when removing the bumper. But after the bumper off, fitting the bolts and nuts quite straight forward.
              Cheers
              Ika

2013 NW 3.2 L GLX R : Boo's bash plate, Roley rear plate, ORS Drawer, GME 3110 plug n play, SPV mod, Redarc BCDC 1220IGN, Pioneer platform, 30" LED light bar on roofrack, ARB bullbar

2004 NP ; Dueller 697 ; ARB bullbar ; Uniden 7760 : RFI CD900 ; eagle eyes headlight ; double din Tablet PC DVD ; 7" spotlight ; (SOLD)

Comment

• gringo
                • Jun 2009

Yes you need the template

Comment

• underdog
                  • Jan 2015
                  • Campbelltown, NSW.

Originally posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
                  Yeah, I think I posted in that thread too. I am looking for recommendations for fitters to install a bar. At this stage the OL bar is winning but I don't want to be the guinea pig for the store to fit it, or am I being too precious? The bumper cut should be to a template shouldn't it?
                  If going DIY, depending on how good you are with making your own measurements and skills on the tools, you'd be fine without the template too. Honestly though mate, if OL are happy for you to be their guinea pig I'd jump at it. Should be sgnificantly cheaper for you also. Most places will only charge the cost of the bar as it can take a bit of a stuffing around to fit one for the first time. IMO yes, you're being a bit precious
                  2011 Pajero NW GL 3.2 Auto
                  Bullbar, spotlights, twin wheel carrier, snorkel, spv, uhf, 3" lift, cargo barrier, bushskinz, 285/70/17 M/T, 2.5m awning, Waeco CFX40, DIY rear storage, drawers, fridge slide & dog floor, Intervolt EBI Pro, 105ah + 65ah batteries, 65L Abber tank & 12v pump.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Sydney

Well, that's the problem, there has been no mention of discount. I think if the vendor mentioned their lack of experience with the model and offered a discount I'd probably accept it. Quoting full price then saying they're doing me a favour allowing for 4.5 hrs labour because they don't understand how the headlight washers and DRLs are supposed to work puts me off.

Build Thread

Comment

• nayala
                      • Mar 2013
                      • western victoria

Hi Ollie,
                      If you want a decent price for a bullbar, better check at sydney supercaravan show (that will be on 7-19 april this year), sometimes you can get a good bargain price from ARB.
                      Cheers
                      Ika

2013 NW 3.2 L GLX R : Boo's bash plate, Roley rear plate, ORS Drawer, GME 3110 plug n play, SPV mod, Redarc BCDC 1220IGN, Pioneer platform, 30" LED light bar on roofrack, ARB bullbar

2004 NP ; Dueller 697 ; ARB bullbar ; Uniden 7760 : RFI CD900 ; eagle eyes headlight ; double din Tablet PC DVD ; 7" spotlight ; (SOLD)

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Sydney

I was going to do exactly this. Have they offered worthy deals in the past? I've never paid attention because I've not been in the market for one until now.

Build Thread

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X