• Show
Clear All
  • apsilon
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2008
    • Hills District NSW

Auto light and wipers

Any other NTs here yet?

I'm going in for the first service tomorrow and am going to raise the issue of the auto lights and wipers not working (I don't think they're fitted) but would be good to hear from another NT owner who has them that are working.
    MY09 NT Pajero X shortie diesel
    Mods - No longer fit in my sig so see here
  • Quadcam
    • May 2008
    • Brisbane

Are there extra positions on the light and wiper switches to turn the automatic modes on? Or is it like the alarm arming that has a procedure to enable but is off by default at delivery.
    ZH Outlander VRX previously NS X V6 - RDL

Comment

• apsilon
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2008
      • Hills District NSW

According to the manual there's supposed to be "Auto" positions on the switches but there isn't. I've found several minor things that are different than the manual so that isn't definitive it would seem.

Comment

• matthewfnorbert
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007

whilst the X gets exceed goodies it does miss out on a few of the extras.. like extra big stereo?

are you also missing passenger side electric seat?
        SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

• apsilon
          Valued Member
          • Feb 2008
          • Hills District NSW

Yeah it does miss out on a couple of things but I'm not sure what. The brochure and website specifically say it has the auto wipers and lights. Not sure what the big stereo is, the one I have is 8 speakers or something. Good enough for me anyway. I would've been happy with the R if it wasn't for the diff lock.

No electric passenger seat whioch is just as well given the drivers doesn't fold forward. If the passengers were the same it'd be rather hard to get into the back seats LOL.

Comment

• apsilon
            Valued Member
            • Feb 2008
            • Hills District NSW

OK, had the first service done today (BTW they don't change oil or filter at the first service. Picked up a few filters and will do it myself) and they confirmed the light and wipers aren't fitted and referred me to sales where I bought it. So spoke to the sales person and we checked the brochure and confirmed that yes it should. So called customer service together and they confirmed via the VIN that yes it should. Obviously nothing could be done on the spot so I headed off to take care of other things.

Customer service called me back and asked that I take it in for service to look at so informed them I'd just had it at service and they've confirmed they're not fitted. Now waiting on a call from the regional manager.

Interestingly they had another X on the lot which also doesn't have it but the Exceed on the lot does.

I'd say someone has stuffed up the order/specs. This should be interesting.

Comment

• matthewfnorbert
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by apsilon View Post
              OK, had the first service done today (BTW they don't change oil or filter at the first service. Picked up a few filters and will do it myself) and they confirmed the light and wipers aren't fitted and referred me to sales where I bought it. So spoke to the sales person and we checked the brochure and confirmed that yes it should. So called customer service together and they confirmed via the VIN that yes it should. Obviously nothing could be done on the spot so I headed off to take care of other things.

Customer service called me back and asked that I take it in for service to look at so informed them I'd just had it at service and they've confirmed they're not fitted. Now waiting on a call from the regional manager.

Interestingly they had another X on the lot which also doesn't have it but the Exceed on the lot does.

I'd say someone has stuffed up the order/specs. This should be interesting.
              the spec are wrong they never had those features, elect passenger seat, auto lights and big A$$ stereo.
              SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

• apsilon
                Valued Member
                • Feb 2008
                • Hills District NSW

The NS never had them but the NT X is supposed to as shown in the brochure, the website and confirmed by Mitsubishi today.

Comment

• Quadcam
                  • May 2008
                  • Brisbane

Has your car got the rain sensor in the windscreen? Hopefully it might be something simple that the SWB X's were fitted with the wrong wiper/light stalks.

Comment

• Pickle
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2007
                    • All over Oz

Originally posted by matthewfnorbert View Post
                    the spec are wrong they never had those features, elect passenger seat, auto lights and big A$$ stereo.
                    Quite right.
                    But it should have Autodusk sensing headamps and rain sensing wipers.
                    Dave
                    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• apsilon
                      Valued Member
                      • Feb 2008
                      • Hills District NSW

Originally posted by Quadcam View Post
                      Has your car got the rain sensor in the windscreen? Hopefully it might be something simple that the SWB X's were fitted with the wrong wiper/light stalks.
                      Nope, no sensor. It's been completely omitted.

Comment

• Quadcam
                        • May 2008
                        • Brisbane

Nope, no sensor. It's been completely omitted.
                        I'm guessing it might be this one. http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/cor...008/20e_18.pdf
                        Pretty natty device.

Rain and light sensor and the 2nd paragraph of the Foreword section states "...increases driving pleasure...", although it looks like it might be a while before it gives you pleasure. Maybe your pleasure will be a rebate to make up for the lack of it.

Comment

• Marty V
                          Valued Member
                          • Apr 2008
                          • Cranbourne, Vic

Auto Wipers and Headlights

I sell new Mits here in South East Melbourne and delivered a new SWB 'X' the other day and discovered that they do not have the Auto wipers and Headlights that the brochure says they do...

We were a little confused and rang Mits to ask about it and was referred to a memo sent to all dealers a while ago stating that there was an error in the brochure and that these items are not in fact standard or optional on SWB 'X'...

As with all brochures there is a disclaimer in fine print at the bottom stating that there could be changes...

Hope this clarifies this topic for everyone...

Comment

• apsilon
                            Valued Member
                            • Feb 2008
                            • Hills District NSW

Yes, that memo was sent as a result of my bringing it to their attention. Spec is officially now without those features.

My own case is still ongoing.

Comment

• whatsupkramer
                              • Sep 2007
                              • Muswellbrook

Yes, that memo was sent as a result of my bringing it to their attention. Spec is officially now without those features.

My own case is still ongoing.
                              Apsilon

Nice keep them on their toes...

Chris
                              2008 NS 25th Anniversary 3.2L Auto - Mickey Thompson Baja STZ 265/60R18, Tow Bar, ARB Saraha Bar, Old Man Emu Nitro Charger Sport 2" lift.
                              Limited Edition Mighty Bulloak Camper Trailer - All mods including a 2" lift.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X