• Show
Clear All
  • pauld
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2010
    • Melbourne

Useful Info - NX Build

A couple of things we have found as we put together our new Pajero:

The headrests in the NX are not adjustable like the NP, this was important to me so we stole the headrests from the NP - they fit just different colour. But that's ok if you're covering them up:

We have bought multiple seat covers over the years from this place - http://www.coverupcaraccessories.com/
    We went back recently and picked up a full set of custom made for Pajero cloth covers for around $170. A mate of mine was in the car the other night and as he got out he said "you're going to have to look after these nice seats" - he didn't realise they were covers the fit is that good!
    They also sell RM Williams brand canvas covers for a good price but not for the back. We used multiple sets of these in old Pajero.

The front seats don't go back anywhere near as far as the NP - quite stupid actually - may consider NP seats down the track, more comfortable anyway.

The small storage box at the left rear of car can be made into a very large storage box. Either remove the panel and remove the inside skin of the box OR just cut the bottom and the rear side out from the top. Once done you can now access a huge area for storage, we cut some carpet and lined it to stop things banging around. Pop the lid back on and you can't tell.

You can poke a yellow tongue from the 2nd row area under the plastics that sit above the rear wheel through to the 3rd row seat mount for pulling cables through without removing the plastics (big job).

You can also poke the yellow tongue through from 2nd row area to front seat area under the centre pillar plastics without removing the pillar plastic.

The factory tow bar kit leaves the plug a long way under the car and on the underside of the bracket which makes it prone to damage. At the very least flip it onto the top side of the bracket. I moved mine to the other side to suit my camper trailer (there is enough spare length for this) and mounted to the underside of bumper very close to tow bar and as rear as possible, much better position now.

I bought the electric brake harness with intentions of fitting myself, looked at the instructions, too much plastics removal and work. Paid an auto elec that the dealer recommended to fit it for $100 - took him about an hour & half, I think it would have taken me all day!

There is an alarm, even on the base model NX. Follow the manual to enable it. My dealer didn't know there was an alarm! Base model has no ultrasonic movement sensors, upper models do, you can disable them if needed.

After some research we have ordered this light bar, will hang it under the top bar: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Led-Light...item19f488c989

NP Exceed / VRX 17" wheels do fit on the NX

D697 in LT265/65/17 116S does fit (just) on the spare mount with the spare wheel lift kit fitted.

Will add more as I go, hope it helps save others time.
    2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

Thanks for the info regarding the car seat company. Some excellent prices in there....
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• pauld
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2010
      • Melbourne

Bushskinz bash plates from NP fit on NX

Factory NX sump cover fits on NP

Factory NX intercooler plate does not fit on NP
      2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

• spot01
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2011
        • Adelaide

Some good info there Paul.

Re the thought of using NP seats, note there are airbags built into the sides of your front seats to consider.
        Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• pauld
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2010
          • Melbourne

Yep good point

Comment

• ronfire
            • Jun 2015
            • Perth, WA

That's really great info. I saw the alarm activation in the manual while reading up something else and didn't follow up, thinking it was only for the GLS or Exceed. Not surprised the dealer didn't know - my dealer dude had no idea that the DRLs couldn't be turned off; not sure how well some dealer staff know the products they sell...

Really like that info on Cover Up Accessories. Visiting their Ebay store now....
            2015 NX GLX Auto stock, SPV EGR mod, Parkside towbar, no other mods....yet.

Comment

• marknshaz
              • Jul 2015
              • Glenmore Park

Originally posted by ronfire View Post
              That's really great info. I saw the alarm activation in the manual while reading up something else and didn't follow up, thinking it was only for the GLS or Exceed. Not surprised the dealer didn't know - my dealer dude had no idea that the DRLs couldn't be turned off; not sure how well some dealer staff know the products they sell...

Really like that info on Cover Up Accessories. Visiting their Ebay store now....
              I read somewhere on another post about the alarm, Had a look in our manual but couldn't find anything about it, we have a GXL model, they gave a page reference of 1-16 but that doesn't exist in my manual
              2015 NX GLX Pajero.......Stock for now

Comment

• Luckyphil202
                • Jul 2014
                • Melbourne

First timer with NX GLS

G'day all. We had a Jeep, yep HAD not got. We looking forward to collecting the Paj, thanks Paul for your info. I also want to do some wiring, run a 10mm cable from dual battery to rear for caravan and also power the auxiliaries. Looking at pulling the dash apart to fit stuff behind. Maybe remote UHF, but this not urgent yet, will put sucky thing atop the dash short term
                I am looking for a nudge bar, or roo bar, any clues? Also low profile roof cross rails, I only got 40mm clearance under door to get Paj into Garage.
                Also looking for NX wiring diagram, does anyone have the link for Mitsy Japan?
                Nothing broken, wanna keep it that way.
                Finally, the On Board Display in the dash, is this capable of displaying any fault codes? There are a lot of transmitters out in the wide world, which can generate all kinds of havoc on vehicles, been hearing some funny one and also serious ones as well. I hear RACV was selling an app and plug for Smart phones so you could access the fault codes, would be interested in researching this further. Yep, owning a Jeep makes you very wary.

Comment

• vladguan
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2015
                  • Adelaide

I posted several times about alarm activation. GLX, GLS and Exceed all have the base alarm. The Exceed also has the ultrasonic sensors on the inside (for intrusion detection) and tilt sensor. See my ride (signature link) on adding a glass break sensor and tilt sensor. I have actually spoken to a guy that looks after dealerships about the alarm activation predelivery. However, in the service manual, it states that the owner should do it after getting familiar with it. I am guessing that means know how to turn it off if and when it plays up. I actually helped more than 8 people in NW and NX to activate the alarm. I have written steps on here as well. Unlike my old Verada, unlocking the car with the keys does not de-activate the alarm. You have 10 seconds to put the key in ignition. You should hear faint beeps during this time.
                  Please call me Vlad.
                  -----------------------
                  MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• pauld
                    Valued Member
                    • Apr 2010
                    • Melbourne

Impressed with the quality and performance of this light bar:
                    Our lights won’t fade, turn yellow, and fall off at the first sign of corrugations. We’ve achieved a strong yet neutral beam character, which maintains a pleasant temperature of 5600K. Unmistakable performance.

Comment

• Mike DiD
                      Valued Member
                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Luckyphil202 View Post
                      . . . .
                      . . . .
                      I bought the NW Manual off eBay - not many changes for the NX.
                      Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

• spot01
                        Valued Member
                        • Apr 2011
                        • Adelaide

Originally posted by Luckyphil202 View Post
                        Don't have NX but link to NW manual - select the latest year shown.

Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• mrbitchi
                          Valued Member
                          • Jun 2007
                          • Brisbane

Originally posted by pauld View Post
                          The front seats don't go back anywhere near as far as the NP - quite stupid actually - may consider NP seats down the track, more comfortable anyway.
                          WTF?? I'm 6'4" and barely have enough room in my NM and you're saying there is LESS legroom in the new model? Surely you jest...
                          Cheers, John.
                          LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
                          Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X