• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1993 NJ LWB
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2007

Eating dust

Hi all
    I replaced my spark plugs the other day. To do this it is helpful to get the air intake pipe out the way. When I took it off the throttle body I see the butterfly and surrounding pipe covered in a mix of dust and oil. So after looking around for where the dust is coming in, I find the top part of the filter box is not making good contact with the filter itself. The clips on the box are fine, there pulling the top part down as far as it can go, the fact is the seal is not meaty enough to make good contact with the filter. So off to clark rubber to get some sticky back seal, i bought 12mm X 5mm. Cleaned the original seal with meth and stuck the sticky back to it, cutting 45 at the corners and sticking them together with silicon.

It makes a really good seal with the filter now so fingers crossed no more dust.

I suggest everyone check the throttle body for dust(its easy to see here coz it combines with the oil and sticks). As it looks like a problem that may be common to all pajs getting on in years, or maybe I just got fridays model?

Jack
    Last edited by 1993 NJ LWB; 13-12-08, 02:53 AM.
    1993 NJ LWB: UHF, bull bar, 2" Iron man coils/T-bars, 30mm coil spacers, 35mm body lift, long travel RS5000s, Cranked T-bars, lokka, 35x12.5 GoodYear MTR, light force 170s, Duel battery with selectable volt meter, roof basket, 9.5" rear diff - more to come!
  • Mad Mac
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2007
    • Australia

good job. lol

Hmm I c honeycomb.

Shane

Comment

• epitrochoid
      • Nov 2008
      • albury, nsw

My 93 triton V6 has the same problem. I thought the top cover pulled down hard enough too but it obviously does not. Time for some rubber foam.

REgards

epitrochoid
      owning mitsubishi's since 1994.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X