• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hookedon4wding
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Mornington Peninsula, VIC

Safari Snorkel Available

I've just noticed that Safari now have a snorkel for the NS. Anyone got one of these yet? Anyone got any other brand of snorkel for their NS? Pics would be great.

Cheers, Sam.
    2010 150 Prado GXL V6 Auto

Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.
  • Proudy
    • Jul 2007

I will be going for an Airtec...once availible...if not already?
    Last edited by Proudy; 08-08-07, 12:32 AM.
    NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Comment

• masterant
      • Jul 2007

When you say that you have noticed that the safari snorkel is available have you actually seen it somewhere? I ask because i pick up my NS next Thursday but the snokel wont be on as mitsu say it not available yet also ARB say it wont be untill october.

Comment

• NS Rob
        • Jun 2007
        • Ipswich, QLD

It's on the safari website

Forced induction & Snorkel systems manufacturer with expertise in Turbocharging, Supercharging & Intercooling 4x4 diesel/gasoline engines with Safari product range.
        Cheers,
        Rob

2007 NS VRX DID Auto - ARB Bullbar, Dual Deep Cycle Batteries, Nightstalker HID's, Family Pack, Tow Bar & Lift, Illuminated Side-Steps, Bluetooth, Neoprene Seat Covers, Mio Digiwalker C520 GPS.
        1989 NG EXE Tdi Manual - Cooper ATR's on 16x8 Sunraysia's, Tough Dog 2" Lift

Comment

• masterant
          • Jul 2007

Thanks NSRob but it seems the engine discription number on the safari website is different to the one on my contract. Maybe engines slightly different.

Comment

• NS Rob
            • Jun 2007
            • Ipswich, QLD

Bugger. I suppose being a new model we all have to wait until enough R&D is done.
            Cheers,
            Rob

2007 NS VRX DID Auto - ARB Bullbar, Dual Deep Cycle Batteries, Nightstalker HID's, Family Pack, Tow Bar & Lift, Illuminated Side-Steps, Bluetooth, Neoprene Seat Covers, Mio Digiwalker C520 GPS.
            1989 NG EXE Tdi Manual - Cooper ATR's on 16x8 Sunraysia's, Tough Dog 2" Lift

Comment

• Hookedon4wding
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by masterant View Post
              Thanks NSRob but it seems the engine discription number on the safari website is different to the one on my contract. Maybe engines slightly different.
              Hmmm, I wasn't aware that there was more than one diesel engine (or petrol) available for the NS. Not sure where Safari got the engine description numbers but if they're advertising "NS 12/06 onwards" then surely they are referring to the NS Then again, you would think ARB would know if it was available. Anyone spoken to Safari directly?

NS Series 12/06 onwards
              - 6G76 3.8Litre-V6 P RHS SS40HF
              - 4M41-T 3.2Litre-I4 D RHS SS40HF

BTW, anyone know the difference between Safari and Airtec?

Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.

Comment

• Hilli
                • Aug 2007
                • ORANGE

As far as I know AIRTEC is TJM, They have a snorkel for the NS, just waiting on a replacement washer bottle (two weeks ago) so should be close. And there b/bar is about six weeks away.
                HILLI

2007 DID VRX AUTO F/P /ARB BAR / KING SPRINGS / X-VISION-HID SPOTI'S./18" MICKY T's

Comment

• Eastie
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2007
                  • Vic

I was in Pirahna yesterday and they said it hasn't been released yet.
                  NS oil burner shorty

Comment

• Hookedon4wding
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2007

Just contacted Safari directly - they say it won't be ready until end of October. Not quite sure why it's on their website already.

The general response from the aftermarket companies for the NS has been pretty dissapointing considering there's a good range for the new Landcruiser, Ranger, BT50 etc out already.

Comment

• Eastie
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2007
                      • Vic

Latest news is they should be available mid month, with a second batch in ARB in December as the first order has sold out.
                      NS oil burner shorty

Comment

• Schniff
                        • Jul 2007
                        • Adelaide

It says on the website that its for manual tranny only! What's the go with that??
                        Drowned, RIP: NS DID VRX Auto, FP, TJM Sorkel, Cargo Barrier, Infill G4 car PC, Waeco CF-50, Icom IC 400 UHF, ARB deluxe bar, IPF 900XS HID upgrade and dual battery. Kings and Bilsteins, Brown Davis Bash plates, CSA 17 inch alloys with Cooper ST-Cs for the dirt, ORS fridgepack drawers, 90 litre water bladder, LRA aux fuel tank.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X