• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • my.paj
    • Dec 2010
    • Tullamarine

Tinny and camper setup Help

I'm trying to work out the best way to put tinny on my camper.
    I like the idea of the type in the picture as this would allow me to set up camp without disconnecting the boat if needed.
    I can only guess my boat weigh's less than 70kg and can handle it ok.
    Was thinking of the slide up/over ones but this means I have to remove the boat for a one night setup.
    Just like to hear if anyone has done something similar.
    Rick
    Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
    New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

• wrexy
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2011
    • Bakers Hill, WA

CUB make one like this for their campers, may be compatible ????
    MY05 Exceed Di-D Auto, TuneIt chip, Turbo Timer, Aux.Trans cooler, Low Water Alarm, 20" Light bar, Bilsteins, H/D rear springs, B/Stone D697 L/T tyres, TPMS, MCC Alloy Bar,+90Narva H/L globes, Roof Console w/-GME 3340 uhf.Magellen GPS & Hema Hn6,Ark battery box w/-135a/h GEL, 60Lt FridgeMate,100W Solar, Ctec Dc-DC charger, Rola Aero Bars, UpTop Awning, Wheelie Bin, WetSeat covers, Crash cam.
    Towing. '00 Gazal Infinity ATV 18' Caravan.
    http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/smallsig-metric/93405.png

Comment

• my.paj
      • Dec 2010
      • Tullamarine

Originally posted by wrexy View Post
      CUB make one like this for their campers, may be compatible ????
      Thanks, I will be building myself just looking for tips ideas.
      Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***

Comment

• Zed
        • Jun 2008
        • Hunter Valley

What type of camper do you have?
        I have a fold out soft floor and been thinking of what set up myself,
        I'm leaning towards a roof topper for the car. Benifits,
        doesn't interfere with camper at all for short or long term stays,
        You don't need to carry a separate Boat trailer for those times you don't camp near the water.

Comment

• my.paj
          • Dec 2010
          • Tullamarine

Was thinking of putting boat on roof but dont want to put 9.9hp motor in the back of Paj plus there would not be enough room with fridge and gear plus the height of my roof my be a problem, I have a good boat trailer and like using that when we stay in cabin/motel just for fishing, I thought this way I can flip the boat and set up camper, to flip the bout should only take 5min I hope.
          I have a 1985 Jayco songbird (wind up)

Comment

• Zed
            • Jun 2008
            • Hunter Valley

I was referring to a folding trailer for when setting up camp away from the water, how are you going to get the boat to the water unless you always camp beside the water that's cool. The outboard mounted on drawbar and only needed to fit in back of car when needing to use boat. It's just that we don't always set up camp right on the water.

Comment

• my.paj
              • Dec 2010
              • Tullamarine

Getting the boat to the water would be done by dropping the boat at the water first or this type of wheels http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Boat-Tinn...item43bd9e4cfb

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X