• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sub888
    • Oct 2012
    • Barossa Valley

peake south australia 22nd 23rd april

Hi all,

If anyone is interested in going to Peake on 22nd-23rd April (monday / Tuesday school holidays) please pm me for info.
  • sub888
    • Oct 2012
    • Barossa Valley

Update with some details.

Can meet at shell tailem bend 9.00am on the Monday. But please advise if you I tend to go so
    I no numbers and who to look out for.
    15 dollars a day includes camping.
    Own recovery gear if you have it.
    UHF radio.
    Self sufficient. Only amenities are long drop toilets.
    Good sense of humour.
    If you have not been to Peake it is a fantastic private property 30 min from tailem bend with large sand dunes, tracks thru mallee bush and some rocks.

Comment

• old Jack
      Regular
      • Jun 2011
      • Adelaide, South Australia.

Sub 888, not sure if I can make it and if so it will only be for the Monday, I won't know until a day or so before.

To the other Adelaidians, if you have never been to Peake it is the best sand area for training from novice to advanced so it is worthwhile going.

Here are somephotos from 2 trips I did to Peake last year.

cheers, old Jack.
      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• sub888
        • Oct 2012
        • Barossa Valley

Hope you can make it old jack, be great to meet some forum members. I dont know how to post photos so thanks for putting those up.
        It is really a fantastic place as old jack said. Probably my favourite place in south aus for 4 wheelin.

Comment

• ENVSV6
          • Jan 2012
          • S.A

Oh man I would have loved to come along but I think ill be working those days could you not get the property for the weekend?
          1994 NJ 2.8TD Shorty Pajero ARB Bullbar, 31's, Tailgate Table,6000K 7" HID Spotties, Uniden 80CH UHF, 35ltr Waeco

Comment

• sub888
            • Oct 2012
            • Barossa Valley

Envsv6, i usually go a couple of weekends a year. Try and get there a couple of times a year in the school holidays also. Gets the kids out the house during the holidays.
            I am sure your boss won't mind you having a sickie.

Comment

• old Jack
              Regular
              • Jun 2011

ENVSV6 this will explain what and how Peake works.

cheers, old Jack.
              2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.

Comment

• old Jack
                Regular
                • Jun 2011

Here are a few photos at Peake.
                The PB Challenger had about 400kms on the clock and was 2 weeks old when it first went to Peake.

Last edited by old Jack; 13-04-13, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• big mik
                  • Feb 2012
                  • Adelaide

That's going on the list of "things she must let me do".

Sorry can't make this one, just got back in the country by then don't think the boss will let me have more time off!

Have fun guys
                  1988 NF V6 superwagon, 2 Inch suspension lift, 31 inch AT's, AM & UHF radio, twin HID 7inch driving lights, 20 inch LED light bar, Reese rear tow bar, Ally bull bar, Tigerz 11 Roof cage and awning complete with LED's and remote dimmer, LED side marker lights on the sills, 2 rear 10w LED work lights, Rear view camera. Bluetooth radio for hands free phone. 1200Lbs winch

Comment

• sub888
                    • Oct 2012
                    • Barossa Valley

That's one way to run the new challenger in old jack.
                    Anyone else keen on this trip next week?

Comment

• old Jack
                      Regular
                      • Jun 2011

Adelaideians - Peake this Monday still on.

PMed Sub888 and he is still going to Peake with a mate next Monday & Tuesday, no one else from the forum is going at this stage.

I will do a day trip on Monday if we can get some more to come and offer some training for anyone that is new to 4wdriving or lacks confidence/experience in sand.

Take a mental health day and get to drive the best sand location close to Adelaide and without the sea and salt!

cheers, old Jack.

Comment

• Nab
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2012
                        • Perth

I'm keen, but I'm now in Perth haha! That was a great place to test the limits, excellent place to experiment with tyre pressures too.
                        SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
                        NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• russ1
                          • Feb 2011
                          • adelaide

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                          PMed Sub888 and he is still going to Peake with a mate next Monday & Tuesday, no one else from the forum is going at this stage.

I will do a day trip on Monday if we can get some more to come and offer some training for anyone that is new to 4wdriving or lacks confidence/experience in sand.

Take a mental health day and get to drive the best sand location close to Adelaide and without the sea and salt!

cheers, old Jack.
                          Old Jack, thanks for the invite but unfortunately working both days. I did a 4x4 course with work at Peake many years ago and it is an incredible place. If I can get advanced notice of pending trips that would be great. Russ

Comment

• sub888
                            • Oct 2012
                            • Barossa Valley

Hi old jack. Can you please give a call. My mates missus got bit by a car and he won't be able to make it:

Comment

• sub888
                              • Oct 2012
                              • Barossa Valley

Unfortunately this trip has now been cancelled due to my mates missus being hit by a car. She is OK just a little sore and tender. And will be taking it easy for a couple of weeks.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X